Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:57:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you find and evaluate ICO's?  (Read 191 times)
Pleomit (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:15:31 PM

Hey forum,

I was doing a little research on where to find ICOs and what the key factors are to evaluate them. However, I can't seem to find a lot more than opinionated blogposts about it, so I want to have some fact-based answers. That's why I'm conducting a survey about this. 12 questions, takes about 3,5 minutes. Find it here: https://iqresearch.typeform.com/to/kGh2Gg

It's anonymous, but I included some general questions to see if there are some interesting discrepancies between age groups or locations.

I read the rules, but I'm still new. So if this doesn't belong here, please be gentle
Pleomit (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:48:41 PM

I always have found interesting ICO through Youtube, after that I usually read the white paper and join the Telegram. If there's a few eeks left usually the Telegram activity will show if it's interesting enough.
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:25:44 PM

It is not easy to assess the quality of the ICO. It happens that the project does not represent anything from itself, and then you look, and he went to the moon and does not return to the ground.
Pleomit (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:40:14 AM

It is not easy to assess the quality of the ICO. It happens that the project does not represent anything from itself, and then you look, and he went to the moon and does not return to the ground.
Yes I have seen that happening, but I guess there's usually some indicators beforehand. I'm interested to see what most people usually look at.
raahi

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:01:29 AM

There are many tricks to evaluate ICOs however here I will talk about only 2 the first one is to check the team and where it has any inconsistencies, and the other is it check the white paper and in that check the roadmap how much time will it take for the company to launch the products
Zakifon

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:03:12 AM

The main thing to analyze how much the idea of ​​the project is worthwhile and to analyze the project team, to look at what before ico they were seen and read reviews about each.
hurriebra49

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:05:58 AM

The best way to evaluate the ico on its possibility to make the profit is based on what problem is the company solving and how much funds is it asking for and here we is it planning to spend the funds received, how much time does it say to launch on a global scale
toddmichael

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:08:19 AM

To evaluate an ICO check this thread it is quite useful https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4597780.msg41499470#msg41499470
psoo7

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:34:46 AM

Some red flags for the beginners in the crypto world! Make sure to check these red flags before investing in any ICO.

1.CLAIMS OF HIGH, GUARANTEED RETURNS.
2.CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENTS
3.CLAIMS OF “SEC-COMPLIANT” (guarantees that their coins will trade on an SEC-compliant exchange where you can buy and sell them for profit)
4. INVESTING WITH A CREDIT CARD.
5. PUMP AND DUMP SCAMS.(Tempting you with guaranteed gains with pumps and dumps during pre ico to crowd sale)
6.Team members without any social profile. if they provide be sure to check the genuinity on basis of followers and background.
7.Language( grammar is correct or not)

and if you have done these be sure to read the whitepaper!!
emery88

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:09:04 AM

You should review the team, who are they, what are their capacities and their success in the past.
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:13:39 AM

it is very difficult to find a quality ICO, I analyze and observe ICO using the ICO website, I use ICO Holder and ICO bench, I studied their whitepapers, checked their website, I watched their Team and read their Road Map I sometimes watch promotional videos created by the ICO team.
KevenDabid

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:15:43 AM

ICODROPS is used to find a good ICO project. Grin
Since most of the excellent ICO items will appear in ICODROPS, most of the ICO items can be found through this website.

Btcallans

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:19:38 AM

Well there are too many ICO that is launched at the moment. It true that it is really hard to determine where would be the best ICO to invest in. We do need to evaluate it thoroughly by looking for its community size and what is within its product.
ongahawak

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:27:35 PM

✔️Important things to check when you do research on ICOs✔️

- check about tokenmetrics and the marketcap/hardcap
- check the team and advisors(whether they are having any blockchain expertise and exposure)
- check the community strength and marketing plan
- check the status of the product prototype (alpha, beta, showcase, etc.) and road map.
- check the status of influencers (Not paid shillers)
- check the communication strengths and transparency
- check whether the application is a viable one without ambitious claims
- check the whitepapaer well structured and written
- check the eco system and status of investors
- check whether the project really needs a cryptocurrency as a driving fuel.
- etc.
YCryptos

Activity: 127

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:35:45 PM

It is not necessary to evaluate the ICO project, for such a large number of criteria. The most important thing is to study the white paper of the project and the development team. And all ICO can be found on this forum.
BitcoinFotw

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:01:41 AM

There are many platforms and channels where you could find new ICOs or their announcement, and then you can decide on which one to follow. When you find one that interests you, it is best to do your research and then analysis on it before going ahead to invest in it. If you have doubts on it, then you might want to reconsider investing in it.
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:32:23 PM

mostly I just go on ico websites like icobench to find the icos that are new and the ones that are still ongoing. From there I make my way to their website to see what kind of coin they are building and what kind of project that they are offering the investors. Do a little digging, find out the kind of community behind the coin and from there I make a decision to either invest in the coin or not.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:41:56 PM

Hey forum,

I was doing a little research on where to find ICOs and what the key factors are to evaluate them. However, I can't seem to find a lot more than opinionated blogposts about it, so I want to have some fact-based answers. That's why I'm conducting a survey about this. 12 questions, takes about 3,5 minutes. Find it here: https://iqresearch.typeform.com/to/kGh2Gg

It's anonymous, but I included some general questions to see if there are some interesting discrepancies between age groups or locations.

I read the rules, but I'm still new. So if this doesn't belong here, please be gentle

There is no good substitute for your own research. There is no magic site that is able to deeply check the ICOs and even in that case it could be used to manipulate investors.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:32:12 PM

Well for me I normally find my ICO's through icodrops, or some good bounty managers that are good, also i find my ICO through some good influencers, most of these influencers have spreadsheets where they keep analysis ICO and grade them, that's where i mostly find my ICO's 
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:38:56 AM

Hey forum,

The easiest way to identify ICOs is to study their internal information and their project is realistic as to the future and the market in future, then it will be a better investment. Thus, it is a matter of self-evaluation and know that information may it be within the project itself or those of the experts out there.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀