Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:48:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solomining  (Read 227 times)
traficante82 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:18:47 PM

Hello Compadres,

Can someone please explain how to solomine algos such as ethash, lyra2z, c11, etc? Need to know what to start with, miners, technical details, configs etc.
I've intends to compare solo VS pools, using 100 GPU's of 1060 6GB.   
cryptodunno

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:37:27 PM

a hundred of 1066 is not worth for solo mining unless you are mining new coins with low network hashrate

edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:05:22 PM

this's just simple explanations:

Like the above comment said, solo mining only worthed on coins that have a low difficulty and also low Net-hash.

So, the first thing that you should do is find coins with those criteria (old or new coins)

After you find which coin that worth to do solo mining,  you can download the official wallet of that coin, then edit the config file (if it is available) or you can create it by yourself. Adjust the mining software with the coin (Algorithm) that you want to mine.

Coin config file location:
If you are using Windows, usually you can find that file over here (Win 7,10) C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\(Coin Name)

Will be different for each OS

Coin config example:
Code:
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=You User Name
rpcpassword=Your Password
rpcallowip=xxx.xxx.xxx
rpcport=xxxx

You can be modified as your needs.

Some miner decides to build a private pool to do solo mining, that may be your alternative.

ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:08:09 PM

i think hundred gpu's is not enough if you want to mine solo old coin, but it might work for new coins. all you need is to start the wallet and then run solo.bat file ( specially designed)..
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:25:42 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 11:21:34 PM by leowonderful

You can definitely solomine with 100 GPUs, hell you can solomine with just one GPU, but just realise you're going to get more variance than with pool mining on high network difficulty coins like Ethereum. High variance essentially means there's longer times between blocks, as the hashing system is inherently random. This also means your 'luck' in mining can swing largely, and you're at risk of losing money between these periods of variance, though on paper over a long timespan you'll make as much as you do mining on a pool.

The easiest and most efficient way to solomine is to do what edwardceng posted, but if you're lazy there are also 'solo pools' out there that allow you to receive the full block reward minus a small fee if you find a block on their pool- there's always a convenience fee with mining in Crypto, and in this case it's so easy to set up solomining I would say it's not worth it.
traficante82 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:37:53 PM

Well, thanks a lot people, I'll try to go ahead with experiments) see what it worth of...
glyoukcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:04:49 PM

who knows a good pool for solo mining?
traficante82 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:12:25 PM

this's just simple explanations:

Like the above comment said, solo mining only worthed on coins that have a low difficulty and also low Net-hash.

So, the first thing that you should do is find coins with those criteria (old or new coins)

After you find which coin that worth to do solo mining,  you can download the official wallet of that coin, then edit the config file (if it is available) or you can create it by yourself. Adjust the mining software with the coin (Algorithm) that you want to mine.

Coin config file location:
If you are using Windows, usually you can find that file over here (Win 7,10) C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\(Coin Name)

Will be different for each OS

Coin config example:
Code:
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=You User Name
rpcpassword=Your Password
rpcallowip=xxx.xxx.xxx
rpcport=xxxx

You can be modified as your needs.

Some miner decides to build a private pool to do solo mining, that may be your alternative.

hank you for the given explanation. Could you please clear a few moments:

edit the config file (if it is available) or you can create it by yourself means the config file for the wallet?

- Adjust the mining software with the coin (Algorithm) that you want to mine. How do I do that? Let's say I'm using ccminer 2.2.5 for Lyra2z (INF, GIN) bat file usualy is like this:
ccminer-x64.exe -a lyra2z -i 0-ostratum+tcp://pool.bsod.pw:2142 -u iRrjQYSyjplmtfc6AiGpg1bsKQCu7J1DQ2c9.0 -p x -R 5
what scrypt do I have to change for solo? do I have to copy the con file to the miner's folder?
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 586

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:30:23 PM

Only seems to be worth it for new coins- if difficulty remains low, existing coins with low difficulty, or if one has a ton of hash; otherwise, might be a waste of time.
edwardceng

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:06:09 AM

edit the config file (if it is available) or you can create it by yourself means the config file for the wallet?
yes, it will make you able to do solomining to QT (Official Wallet).

- Adjust the mining software with the coin (Algorithm) that you want to mine. How do I do that? Let's say I'm using ccminer 2.2.5 for Lyra2z (INF, GIN) bat file usualy is like this:
that means you have to choose a coin or algorithm that can mine with CCminer also related to your device.

ccminer-x64.exe -a lyra2z -i 0-ostratum+tcp://pool.bsod.pw:2142 -u iRrjQYSyjplmtfc6AiGpg1bsKQCu7J1DQ2c9.0 -p x -R 5
what scrypt do I have to change for solo? do I have to copy the con file to the miner's folder?
change the Pool name, the port as it listed in your coin config file.

xlm19877

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:12:16 AM

if you you want start solo mine you must have big amount of gpu because there is other miners have same this amount of gpus

i think you must have 100 gpus or more 
edwardceng

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:29:47 AM

i think you must have 100 gpus or more 
No. I think it isn't enough to solve block of any coin although can solved block it needs a long time and If who do it like that just hope the luck factor.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: