Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm done? Far from it!  (Read 12130 times)
logansryche (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 01:30:40 AM

I sure hope you don't wonder or blame anyone else for you being "lower middle class", because this is why.
My boss probably makes a couple hundred grand a year. I honestly don't think he ever goes home. The only time I've ever seen him leave his office is to go to lunch. He calls that his "free time". (this is in the south btw, not CA or NY where a couple hundred grand is minimum wage  Grin)
Enjoy adding insult to injury dontcha. I am below middle class. Any job that's part time and pulls only 20 hours a pay period is below middle class. Anyone that's been homeless or unemployed or a long list of other things are below middle class. If you were the one that commented on my blog, I'm still digging deeper. It's what I'm known to do. Well it's late and I'm tired so I'm going to bed. Tis true though.. I had an idea and fucked up majorly with it. Oh well. Back to wishful mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 01:51:11 AM

I sure hope you don't wonder or blame anyone else for you being "lower middle class", because this is why.
My boss probably makes a couple hundred grand a year. I honestly don't think he ever goes home. The only time I've ever seen him leave his office is to go to lunch. He calls that his "free time". (this is in the south btw, not CA or NY where a couple hundred grand is minimum wage  Grin)
Enjoy adding insult to injury dontcha. I am below middle class. Any job that's part time and pulls only 20 hours a pay period is below middle class. Anyone that's been homeless or unemployed or a long list of other things are below middle class. If you were the one that commented on my blog, I'm still digging deeper. It's what I'm known to do. Well it's late and I'm tired so I'm going to bed. Tis true though.. I had an idea and fucked up majorly with it. Oh well. Back to wishful mining.

I don't know you, not do I wish to add salt to your wounds but it seems from your posts that it's your attitude that is your biggest obstacle.  There's a difference between being poor and being broke.  Poor is a state of mind, broke can be a temporary situation.  Donald Trump went broke, but he was never poor.

It's up to you to decide which of those two you are.  So you failed.  Learn from it and move on.  Best of luck to you.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 01:51:47 AM

Back to wishful mining.

Yes, good idea.  Switch from an obviously poor idea to one that is already proven to be unprofitable with current rates.  I guess you could heat your hobo shack in the winter by mining at this point, but you'd probably be better off just starting a trash fire.

Well, I guess when your parents pay the electricity bill then it's all profit.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 01:54:52 AM

Sorry guy, I don't live with my parents and I don't pay the bills around here.
The state of New York does. Nice try though.

I'm trying to see the positive critisizm in all of this but there just isn't any.
Richard Rahl

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:00:14 AM

My boss probably makes a couple hundred grand a year. I honestly don't think he ever goes home. The only time I've ever seen him leave his office is to go to lunch. He calls that his "free time". (this is in the south btw, not CA or NY where a couple hundred grand is minimum wage  Grin)

Harsh Reality =/= Insult

You have poor work ethic, as was stated in the majority of my last post.

And no, I didn't comment on your blog nor have I read it. Other than doing a forum search for "BitCard" and finding your original post and reading/commenting on this thread.... I honestly don't care that much.

Btw... I used to live in Project Housing in Miami-Dade County. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I have worked my ass off to get to where I'm at and I plan on working my ass off exponentially more to get above where I'm at. I know what it's like to be broke, I use that to motivate me to not be broke.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:06:19 AM

That makes two of us then lol.
Usualy whenever I run things the way I run them, things go smooth and churn a profit.
True maybe cards aren't the answer, but I can't see myself stocking up on goods and start up another bitcoin grocery store. I supose I could do bitgames and sell games like monopoly, uno, and the like... still trying to find that key.
FAtlas

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 02:09:41 AM

That makes two of us then lol.
Usualy whenever I run things the way I run them, things go smooth and churn a profit.
True maybe cards aren't the answer, but I can't see myself stocking up on goods and start up another bitcoin grocery store. I supose I could do bitgames and sell games like monopoly, uno, and the like... still trying to find that key.
Yes, selling items that anybody can get immediately at a local store over the internet with additional markup and shipping time/costs is certainly the answer here.  Keep living the dream.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 02:11:32 AM

Just take whatever stock you have and sell it on e-bay.

If nobody on e-bay will buy it then you have something that nobody wants.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:13:02 AM

Love the enthusiasm, you must've been dropped as a child.
Actually most games aren't readily available.
I know there's a place here in the mall near me that sells alot of hard to find stuff.
Comics galore too. It's mostly for D&D fans.
They sell those figurines and the base plates and the sets and the list could go on.
They sell comics and magic cards mostly though.
FAtlas

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 02:17:22 AM

I know there's a place here in the mall near me that sells alot of hard to find stuff.
They sell those figurines and the base plates and the sets and the list could go on.
So your market is the narrow overlap between people who like obscure games, people who prefer utilizing an obscure internet currency, and people who don't mind a significant markup on items they probably already know how to obtain if they're into that market.

Take a business course at a local community college or something.  Jesus Christ, man.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:19:14 AM

Boy I'm more manager material then you'll ever be. I've logged the hours and gotten the certificates.
It's idiots like you that get a spark out of me, but I guess you were hoping for that huh.
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:20:15 AM

Boy I'm more manager material then you'll ever be. I've logged the hours and gotten the certificates.
It's idiots like you that get a spark out of me, but I guess you were hoping for that huh.

Guy, just step away from the keyboard.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
FAtlas

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 02:22:52 AM

This could be my favorite post on the entire internet.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:24:16 AM

I don't appreciate having my education looked down on, or my business practices or me for that matter.
It'd be no different then walking up to the biggest muscle-bound man I could find and talk about his mother and hope I don't get pounded in the face for it.
Richard Rahl

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:24:27 AM

Well, buying items at a local store generally isn't a good idea unless you live in an area far away from where anything like that is sold and you sell to locals. Such as convenience stores who go shopping at Sams Club or Costco for the majority of their merchandise.

You're selling on the internet. Where it doesn't take me an hour or more driving around town to find what I'm looking for and the best deal that I'm looking for, it only takes me a couple clicks to find the absolute cheapest price I can find almost anywhere in the world. Add to the fact that you live in NY, where the cost of living is quite a bit greater than the majority of the country and there is pretty much no chance in you doing anything like that that's going to make money, unless you find a local manufacturer of X item that doesn't have a tiny niche market.

You can't just go to the store, buy something, then resell it on the internet... unless it's a local item. That's just not how E-Commerce works.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 02:24:55 AM

I have a place nearby that sells imported Japanese and Korean sweets (cookies, cakes, candies). There is also another place that sells rare imported candy. That kind of stuff is hard to find unless you know what to look for. A usefull service can be to organize and present it in an easy to find, pick through, and buy manner. You could even do some research on the products and describe what it is for those who can't read other languages. Ideas like that and stuff...
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:27:11 AM

You can't just go to the store, buy something, then resell it on the internet... unless it's a local item. That's just not how E-Commerce works.
That's technically not true or Ebay wouldn't exist.

I have a place nearby that sells imported Japanese and Korean sweets (cookies, cakes, candies). There is also another place that sells rare imported candy. That kind of stuff is hard to find unless you know what to look for. A usefull service can be to organize and present it in an easy to find, pick through, and buy manner. You could even do some research on the products and describe what it is for those who can't read other languages. Ideas like that and stuff...
That's an interesting idea..
pe512

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:27:56 AM

Guy, just step away from the keyboard.
This is very good advice.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 02:28:50 AM

*toasts glass* here's to insanity...
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 02:28:56 AM

I don't appreciate having my education looked down on, or my business practices or me for that matter.
It'd be no different then walking up to the biggest muscle-bound man I could find and talk about his mother and hope I don't get pounded in the face for it.

Soooo tempted to make a comment about foxes and being pounded in the face...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: