Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:40:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking Donation or WTB Cheap Laptop For Friends Nephew Canada/US - Please Read  (Read 730 times)
6strings (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:04:01 PM

My neighbors nephew was involved in a house fire just before Christmas. The nephew is very autistic, hes in his 30s but to put it bluntly functions more like a 12yr old. The house he was staying in had a short in the stove which led to a fire.   He had just been dropped off by his worker and was alone in the house. He called for help immediately but did not leave the house. He suffered severe smoke inhalation and lung damage and was put into coma for several weeks due to his situation.

He is awake now but is having a lot of difficulty adjusting to being in the hospital. At times he has to be restrained because he'll try to remove his iv lines, breathing tubes etc.

I am hoping to find a cheap laptop or even one that can be donated. It doesn't need to be anything special. Just something capable of watching movies, dvds and maybe some simple games. A working copy of windows would be appreciated as well but I can find that if not inc.

He will be in recovery for a long time and the only entertainment he has in his room is just a dvd player at this time. His family asked me to find some dvds(He loves Sailor Moon lol) for him to watch but I am hoping to find something here so I can make his stay and recovery a bit easier.

I feel for the guy but theres only so much I can do. His family are low income, my neighbor, his uncle is  retired from the military and relies on his pension so theres not much he can do. They are not aware that I am doing this for him yet. I don't want to get anyones hopes up in case this all falls thru but I will provide proof that it goes into his hands somehow to show that I am not trying to scam anyone here.

Willing to share my ID and info if needed. I will happily make this as public/transparent as possible.

So basically all being said I am essentially looking for a donation but I am willing to pay as much as I can afford to find one as well. Can pay BTC, WDC, whatever crypto you want. Can even do EMT in Canada if needed.

If anyone wants to donate BTC to help purchase one that would also be appreciated but I'd like to see if someone could donate an adequate used laptop first before accepting any BTC donations.

Do NOT send BTC donations yet but if you are interested in doing so pls PM or check this thread again in a few days.

It would need to be shipped to Newfoundland, Canada. So Canada/US would work best to avoid crazy shipping/customs charges.

Thanks all! The time you took to read this post is greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: