Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A website to share stores / shops / services that accept cryptocurrencies  (Read 118 times)
crowdbit (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:13:57 PM

Hi all, I have been building a website for this past month to help us share location of stores / shops that accept cryptocurrencies as payment. I don't know if someone else has made this, but I do hope this website would be useful not just for us, but to encourage more people joining crypto community.

In this website, you can search for any city where you live in / visiting and add some stores that you know are accepting cryptocurrency as a payment method.

Features included are still very basic. You will need to register with an email address if you want to post a store. If you guys are happy with this project, I am planning to add more features in immediate future.

Please support it by helping to spread the words, filling in the records, and give feedback to me. I hope with this movement, many more stores will be encouraged to accept cryptocurrencies while helping us to use our cryptocurrencies as well. If you have gotten your Lambos, I am also happy to accept some of your coins through wallets listed on that site Cheesy

Here is the link to the sites : https://crowdbit.me

Thanks !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
investorck

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:36:28 AM

Bitcoin is a digital money.  A list of offline stores accepting bitcoin is not the best idea at the moment. You will be  better just blogging about bitcoin and crypto in general.
Just my opinion.
crowdbit (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:38:57 AM

Ah thanks for your feedback. It is true that it is quite early for cryptocurrency market since I think many stores are not ready yet to accept the volatility. But if many people use the list, I genuinely believe many stores will be encouraged as well. imagine if the stores around you start to do something, then you will be motivated to do the same. That is my hope with this service. But thanks again for your feedback Smiley
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 07:24:50 AM

I don't know if someone else has made this
You should have researched a bit before making your site Wink
See coinmap.org - Map of Bitcoin accepting venues

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 08:19:48 AM

And SpendBitcoins, but these two are limited to BTCitcoin only and "OP" is aiming at listing shops that accept other crypto-currencies as well.

Features included are still very basic. You will need to register with an email address if you want to post a store. If you guys are happy with this project, I am planning to add more features in immediate future.
~Snipped~
give feedback to me.
It had a bad first impression (IMHO) but it's nice to see another alternative on this field. Not sure if you're hoping for users to fill everything (if you are, don't get your hopes up), so I suggest to at least include those that you can easily find.

I am also happy to accept some of your coins through wallets listed on that site Cheesy
The way it's presented (after each search, at the top) is a bit annoying (you might want to move it to another page like "About Us" but even then, I can't see anyone supporting it with its current features).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
crowdbit (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:21:08 AM

And SpendBitcoins, but these two are limited to BTCitcoin only and "OP" is aiming at listing shops that accept other crypto-currencies as well.

I did take a look on coinmap, but spendbitcoins is new for me, thanks for informing Smiley With coinmap, there are a lot of complaints because they are doing stuff with OpenStreetMap and they have to closely monitor about the information they display there. What I was thinking is to have community to say and control the data, like if they found a dining place that no longer accept cryptocurrency, they could say / add comment to let other knows that this store is no longer doing so

~Snipped~
give feedback to me.

It had a bad first impression (IMHO) but it's nice to see another alternative on this field. Not sure if you're hoping for users to fill everything (if you are, don't get your hopes up), so I suggest to at least include those that you can easily find.

I am also happy to accept some of your coins through wallets listed on that site Cheesy
The way it's presented (after each search, at the top) is a bit annoying (you might want to move it to another page like "About Us" but even then, I can't see anyone supporting it with its current features).

Thanks again for your feedback, will move it to other page!

However, I would really like to know if there are some feature that you would like to see. It is quite sad for me since it is really hard to find stores accepting cryptocurrencies in the place where I live.

There is a reason why I didn't make it with display system like a map which coinmap and spendbitcoins does. I personally believe list style will do a better job for the user. Coinmap seems to be really focused on just showing locations, but I am more interested in building catalogue for people to browse from. That way they could know the stores better and justify their choice based on the store nature instead of just location.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 10:59:56 AM

What I was thinking is to have community to say and control the data, like if they found a dining place that no longer accept cryptocurrency, they could say / add comment to let other knows that this store is no longer doing so
A Wiki-approach would be cool: allow anyone to add or remove information, to build a crowd sourced website.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 12:05:42 PM

However, I would really like to know if there are some feature that you would like to see.
In addition to what "LoyceV" suggested, adding a notification system to send us alerts (whenever a store is added to a nearby place [at country/city level]), would be nice as well.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jayanath123

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:32:07 PM

It’s too early you research and study, because bitcoin is a digital currency, so online stores or shop link worldwide its big data base , so first step to case study.
crowdbit (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:18:36 PM

Hi thanks a lot for the suggestions! Notifications seems to be a great idea and will be working toward that for the time being.

What I was thinking is to have community to say and control the data, like if they found a dining place that no longer accept cryptocurrency, they could say / add comment to let other knows that this store is no longer doing so
A Wiki-approach would be cool: allow anyone to add or remove information, to build a crowd sourced website.

And i think this will come to follow

Ill be working to make sure it worths to share the words! Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: