Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:40:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PENG] Penguincoin - Vote for Cryptsy!  (Read 206043 times)
CryptoCoinMania

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:31:26 PM

Found this today!  Maybe we can help somehow?

www.abc.net.au/local/audio/2014/03/05/3957423.htm

http://www.giantflightlessbirds.com/2011/10/the-great-penguin-sweater-fiasco/

bitcoindirect

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:38:50 PM

LOL I just posted that a few posts back.  I agree

bitcoindirect

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:35:15 AM

I have a good connection with the creator and writer of http://www.cryptoarticles.com/, who said he would be interested in helping us out with an article.  Especilaly since he has some penguincoins himself, and loves penguins and pittsburgh penguins.

He feels our charitable donations we are working out are great.  What should we ask for him to write on?

bitcoindirect

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:37:31 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/penguincoin/comments/1zv63n/penguincoin_soon_to_be_donating_to_charities/

Start bumping it on Reddit!  Let's start stating comments, suggestions and get us on the front page!  Let's show them we are a charitable coin and there is a reason to invest!

bitcoindirect

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 04:15:05 AM

Hey everyone,

So I took the initiative and contacted the Penguin Foundation of Australia who is working closely with the knitting for penguins news that just took place yesterday!  I'm awaiting a reply to see if they are willing to post up an address that will be specific donations for their cause, and what it takes to tie in together

Here's the link to the recent article if you guys havn't seen it yet http://www.oregonlive.com/knitting/index.ssf/2014/03/penguin_sweaters_yes_theyre_re.html

Here is what they do:
Little penguin research

Adopt a penguin and support little penguin research.

Money raised by the Penguin Foundation is directly invested into little penguin research projects conducted by world-renowned biologists at Phillip Island Nature Parks. Research projects include:

*oil cleaning technology
*satellite tracking
*microchip technology
*diving behaviour
*breeding success
*little penguin diet studies.

Here is a list of their "Corporate Sponsors"
http://penguinfoundation.org.au/about-the-penguin-foundation/our-sponsors-and-supporters/

To Adopt a Penguin it's $75-‘Adopt a Penguin’ of your own and connect with the heart of the Penguin Foundation's work in little penguin research, conservation and the rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured little penguins. You'll be able to follow the progress of your adopted penguin and that of the Penguin Foundation’s many projects.

Adoptions are for 12 months and are fully tax deductible.

For $75 you will receive the following rewards:

automatic membership to the Penguin Foundation
a thank you letter from the Penguin Foundation
an adoption certificate
one personalised thank you card with a photo of your penguin
our regular newsletter updating you on the progress of the penguin colony and Penguin Foundation projects
a little penguin fact sheet
a free Penguin Parade entry voucher for an adult or child
An exclusive invitation to our Penguin Foundation Members Open Day where you and a guest can take a special behind-the-scenes tour of the world famous Penguin Parade and meet our park rangers and marine biologists.
How the money is used:

Funds raised by penguin adoptions are used for vital research and conservation projects, as well as the rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured little penguins. To find out more, visit the about the Penguin Foundation page.

They Do have Corporate Sponsorship Options which would allow us to be linked to their page with all the bells and whistles.  Here is the link, and partial breakdown https://penguinfoundation.org.au/Donation

The most direct and rewarding way to support the Penguin Foundation is to adopt a penguin for your organisation.

Your contribution will be used to help protect the unique fauna and flora of Phillip Island for future generations.

You will be connecting with the heart of the Penguin Foundation’s work and your organisation will be acknowledged as a valuable contributor.

Corporate benefits:

Addition to Penguin Foundation sponsors board at the Penguin Parade
An invitation to our Penguin Foundation special events
An exclusive invitation to our Penguin Foundation Open Day to network with other corporate supporters and take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Penguin Parade with rangers and researchers
A framed photo acknowledging your support
A thank you letter from the Penguin Foundation Chairperson
Regular electronic bulletins.
Adopt a Penquin for your Business today!

*Dedicated promotional page about your business
*Naming rights to specific research projects
*Joint Media and PR opportunities
*Use of Penguin Foundation logos/branding
*One Staff Activity Day/Guest speaker
*Promotional support in retail
*Unlimited number of Free Room Hire
*Staff incentive program support (3 Parks Pass tickets)
*Sponsorship recognition

The only Package to do all of these is the $5000 one.

I have created a donation address to see if we can at least come together for the amount to Adopt a Penguin.  If y'all want someone else to handle it, I have no problem with that, I was just taking initiative.

The address that is specific for the Australian Penguin Foundation is: p9PxknyFmK4js4WPdtpNmT7Bx995q66zzn

Let me know what you guys think!

Penguincoin (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:15:07 AM

Hey everyone,

So I took the initiative and contacted the Penguin Foundation of Australia who is working closely with the knitting for penguins news that just took place yesterday!  I'm awaiting a reply to see if they are willing to post up an address that will be specific donations for their cause, and what it takes to tie in together

Here's the link to the recent article if you guys havn't seen it yet http://www.oregonlive.com/knitting/index.ssf/2014/03/penguin_sweaters_yes_theyre_re.html

Here is what they do:
Little penguin research

Money raised by the Penguin Foundation is directly invested into little penguin research projects conducted by world-renowned biologists at Phillip Island Nature Parks. Research projects include:

*oil cleaning technology
*satellite tracking
*microchip technology
*diving behaviour
*breeding success

http://penguinfoundation.org.au/about-the-penguin-foundation/our-sponsors-and-supporters/

To Adopt a Penguin it's $75-‘Adopt a Penguin’ of your own and connect with the heart of the Penguin Foundation's work in little penguin research, conservation and the rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured little penguins. You'll be able to follow the progress of your adopted penguin and that of the Penguin Foundation’s many projects.

an adoption certificate
our regular newsletter updating you on the progress of the penguin colony and Penguin Foundation projects
An exclusive invitation to our Penguin Foundation Members Open Day where you and a guest can take a special behind-the-scenes tour of the world famous Penguin Parade and meet our park rangers and marine biologists.
How the money is used:

Funds raised by penguin adoptions are used for vital research and conservation projects, as well as the rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured little penguins. To find out more, visit the about the Penguin Foundation page.

They Do have Corporate Sponsorship Options which would allow us to be linked to their page with all the bells and whistles.  Here is the link, and partial breakdown https://penguinfoundation.org.au/Donation

The most direct and rewarding way to support the Penguin Foundation is to adopt a penguin for your organisation.

Your contribution will be used to help protect the unique fauna and flora of Phillip Island for future generations.

You will be connecting with the heart of the Penguin Foundation’s work and your organisation will be acknowledged as a valuable contributor.

Corporate benefits:

An exclusive invitation to our Penguin Foundation Open Day to network with other corporate supporters and take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Penguin Parade with rangers and researchers

*Sponsorship recognition

I have created a donation address to see if we can at least come together for the amount to Adopt a Penguin.  If y'all want someone else to handle it, I have no problem with that, I was just taking initiative.

The address that is specific for the Australian Penguin Foundation is: p9PxknyFmK4js4WPdtpNmT7Bx995q66zzn

This is great work and i will support this 100%. I believe if we can raise $5000.00 as a community that would be brilliant and making a first donation of that would be a great thing to do for a great cause.

The hardest part is to get the charities to understand what crypto currency is and i still havent had no luck at getting any replies but with giving them the understanding that there is a true USD value to our donation im sure its only a matter of time until they realise that they should accept it. Also if we go for the $5000.00 donation this will give us a bold statement about how committed we are as a community.

Hopefully we get a reply and we can begin with this so good on you for sharing this with the community.  Grin

bitcoindirect

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:31:32 AM

Hey everyone,

So I took the initiative and contacted the Penguin Foundation of Australia who is working closely with the knitting for penguins news that just took place yesterday!  I'm awaiting a reply to see if they are willing to post up an address that will be specific donations for their cause, and what it takes to tie in together

Here is what they do:
Little penguin research

*oil cleaning technology
*satellite tracking
*microchip technology
*diving behaviour
*breeding success

an adoption certificate
How the money is used:

They Do have Corporate Sponsorship Options which would allow us to be linked to their page with all the bells and whistles.  Here is the link, and partial breakdown https://penguinfoundation.org.au/Donation

Corporate benefits:

*Sponsorship recognition

I have created a donation address to see if we can at least come together for the amount to Adopt a Penguin.  If y'all want someone else to handle it, I have no problem with that, I was just taking initiative.

This is great work and i will support this 100%. I believe if we can raise $5000.00 as a community that would be brilliant and making a first donation of that would be a great thing to do for a great cause.

The hardest part is to get the charities to understand what crypto currency is and i still havent had no luck at getting any replies but with giving them the understanding that there is a true USD value to our donation im sure its only a matter of time until they realise that they should accept it. Also if we go for the $5000.00 donation this will give us a bold statement about how committed we are as a community.

Hopefully we get a reply and we can begin with this so good on you for sharing this with the community.  Grin

Just trying to put forth my effort in order to help make what is bound to be a great coin, have it's chance in the spotlight for doing something good for humanity!  Definitely doing the $5000 would get Penguincoin a link on their page, and full use of their merchandise, name their projects after the coin, etc.  Which would ultimately make headline news that a Cryptocurrency has had such an impact on the world!

Which would definitely raise the awareness of this coin, and hence the value.  There is nothing wrong with making money while doing some good in this world!  And to know that we were on it since the beginning!

But yes I'll keep you up to date on the reply.  And if you notice, that Club Penguin from Disney is a corporate sponsor as well.

I would also be willing to offer on every sale of glass etching that I could work out a percentage that I would pay into buying more Penguincoin at whatever the current market value is at and donate it into the Donation wallet.  Would people be willing to push that?  Obviously that's accepting Visa/Mastercard, paypal, BTC, Penguincoin.  And that's on any glass etched items.  Which the more sales I would get, the more Penguincoin investment would show, in hopes of other exchanges jumping on board.  Let me know what you guys think!

Penguincoin (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:35:06 AM

Yes i did notice that on there sponsor page, if we can get Penguincoin listed on that page then look at all of the other penguin companies which would see penguincoin. Great potential here and i think this is the route we should take.

The media attention will then come along and give us the promotion we deserve. Grin
Unpredictable

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:35:05 PM

Some guy above wrote about KGW and I think he was right. Multipools killed this coin (for now) - the diff was jumping like crazy and now noone wants to mine it. I also heard about ASICs for scrypt I'm not sure if it's a rumour or not.

Why you havent implemented KGW yet when every coin already has it?
megadeth92

Activity: 254

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 06:18:19 PM

Mining right now! Cheesy

BTC: 1Dr5zwhKQehXRxcSupV8DuJjbhpPJfUHrz
http://facebook.com/alcancearoa.com
cryptoreview

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:30:23 PM

Mining right now! Cheesy

Goodjob! Penguincoin is far from out, its only the beginning and its a coin to lookout for, im heavily invested in this coin because i think it will do well.
spicelord

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:44:05 PM

Some guy above wrote about KGW and I think he was right. Multipools killed this coin (for now) - the diff was jumping like crazy and now noone wants to mine it. I also heard about ASICs for scrypt I'm not sure if it's a rumour or not.

I believe KGW hasn't been implemented because of the 40 minute difficulty retarget. This has allowed the coin some resistance to multi-pools but they haven't been jumping on it recently due to coinmarket.io being down and the price drop.

felixtheone

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:51:41 PM

I believe KGW hasn't been implemented because of the 40 minute difficulty retarget. This has allowed the coin some resistance to multi-pools but they haven't been jumping on it recently due to coinmarket.io being down and the price drop.

+1 i agree
bitcoindirect

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:16:06 AM

Buying more PENG!  All for the cause my friends, anyone here in good with a linux community?!  Would they not want to help promote linux and a coin that could benefit Linux developments if more games, casino style, apps etc were created!  Anyone think they can help with that?  

Would also be a easier way to spread the word and get the pricing up so our donation is worthwhile!

PENGUINCOIN up 100% on Mintpal!

spicelord

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:34:47 AM

Buying more PENG!  All for the cause my friends, anyone here in good with a linux community?!  Would they not want to help promote linux and a coin that could benefit Linux developments if more games, casino style, apps etc were created!  Anyone think they can help with that?  

Would also be a easier way to spread the word and get the pricing up so our donation is worthwhile!

PENGUINCOIN up 100% on Mintpal!
yeah up 100% to a remarkable 2 satoshi.  Undecided

What do you think the best use of my PENG donation would be? to one of the charities? or the forum or faucets? or sell and buy cryptsy votes? extremely low on the voting over there 0 btc has been donated lol. I want this coin to make it so id like to donate a decent chunk of coins

spicelord

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:53:53 AM

I put up a post on a Linux Forum about the coin, we'll see how it goes.
EDIT: Maybe I should do some sort of giveaway on the Linux forum.

haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

I put up a post on a Linux Forum about the coin, we'll see how it goes.
EDIT: Maybe I should do some sort of giveaway on the Linux forum.
Link?
renfeit

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:53:59 PM

Coinmarket is up !

want rent my rig?  : http://www.betarigs.com/rig/1127

BTC: 1DMfu9uhDRDzqJxLxYbZ41G5hUEfP9VEgM
CENT: PMFBc1Hr51SKZ6uxxiCbyo8bVVDBF84Bai
Dperry240

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:34:57 PM

Coinmarket is up !
Markets are still paused...
renfeit

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:49:43 PM

Coinmarket is up !
Markets are still paused...

when u think will start again ?

want rent my rig?  : http://www.betarigs.com/rig/1127

BTC: 1DMfu9uhDRDzqJxLxYbZ41G5hUEfP9VEgM
CENT: PMFBc1Hr51SKZ6uxxiCbyo8bVVDBF84Bai
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: