Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:22:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: adverts for 180gh machines for 1.9BTC  (Read 956 times)
cabinetmaker (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:08:40 PM

It currently takes 4.875TH (approximately) to mine 1 btc/day.
No one makes a 4TH machine, YET.
3TH machines are costing around 9,000.
If you do the math, it would cost you 16.6 machines at 180Gh to get to that number (3th). (3000 divided by 180)
costing you 16 times 1600.00 (850*1.5) or 25,000 dollars, when you could buy a single 3TH for 9,000, from knc (2nd batch).
Almost 3 times what it costs.

don't get screwed by not knowing the numbers.

Just like on ebay, where you are paying 25,000 to stand in line for a KNC neptune(buying someone preorder), when you can go to KNC and buy one for 9,000 and wait in the same (preorder) line.
Ebay, says to me "come here if you want to get fucked" on any btc machine.

every time they start selling off those smaller miners (so they can buy bigger ones), you get fucked.
Difficulty is going up. Number of BTC mined goes down, and your payout gets longer and longer.
Even a 1500.00 machine that takes 6 months to pay off, is a fucked deal, because of the rapidly rising difficulty rate.
It starts out taking 6 months to pay off, but by the time it really pays off, it has taken 9  months to a  year, or longer, not to mention the amount you spend on energy for the machine.
When payout takes that long, it is a fucked deal.

Payout should never take longer than 30 days, or you loose money, period.

edited for spelling.

h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:12:58 PM

You'd probably get fucked on ebay buying a spoon. It's not a new thing for miners Tongue
cabinetmaker (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:20:14 PM

no, but it is one of the biggest rips on the site.

read radicalrob.com for ebay shill bidding issues.
Once you see some jackass has 48 bids on any one pile of crap item, you know it is a scam, or shill bid.
every old timer or knowledgeable bidder on ebay knws not to bid until the end of the auction.
anything else is pure bullshit.

If you look you will see one seller of a neptune, had over 48 bids, it went over 25,000, yet it was relisted, the seller saying the buyer was a dead beat, yet the buyer didn't get any negative feedback, and had 84% of his bids on items with that seller..
shill bidding at it's best. Ebay even says it in their shill bidding statement, yet ebay did nothing about it, even after being notified about it. Meaning ebay is somehow in on it, or condoning it, either way.

ebay's bottom line is money and they don't care how they get it.

pull some of that shit in a real auction and you will be banned.

Ebay is the #1 fraud ridden site on the panet bar none.

My  OP was eluding to the ads appearing above our posts, on this site, acting like 1500 is a bargain price for a 180gh btc miner.
300 would be more like it. Otherwise save your money and buy the 3th machines or faster ones as they become available.
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:41:18 PM

So you think BFL at $4300 for 230GH is a better deal?  Or $350 for 10GH?

If you do some searching, you will find those "1.9 BTC 180GH machines" are actually now 1.45BTC ($1160 @ $800/coin) AND actually do 200GH all day long overclocked (only draws 10% more power for 10% more hash, not bad)  ANTMINERs are the best "buy now, ship now, option".

So to get 3TH is now for $17K AND you get it shipped in a WEEK instead of... MAY?  Since the network is doubling every ~45 days give or take by most estimates, that means you would need a PREORDER that DELIVERS SIX TERRAHASH GUARANTEED in mid-march to match  THREE TERRAHASH of ANTMINERS today.

The problem you are missing in your calculations is thinking ANY preorder will deliver as promised right now.  KnC has been considered the most "on time" and they were a month late.  Where are all the big boxes now?  Remember we were supposed to have them before the end of 2013.  LOL

It is safe to say all preorders will be somewhere from 1-4 months most likely past their optimistic shipping dates.  KnC moved their Neptune out, Black Arrow just announced a month delay.  Cointerra hasn't even shipped yet, despite their claims.  BITMINE had December boxes that are "getting close".  Hashfast is finally shipping 400GH over 3 months late.

My ANTS will have themselves PAID OFF before a preorder placed today even arrives.  No one prices in a 30-day ROI - they would just mine with it themselves.  BUT 50-60 days is possible.

wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:37:10 AM

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
Malexo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:38:11 AM

Antminers are shipping.
knc miners are PREORDERED and pending.

by the time they arrive, it's conceivable to assume that the network hashrate is double what it is now.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:07:42 PM

You'd probably get fucked on ebay buying a spoon. It's not a new thing for miners Tongue

+1

My  OP was eluding to the ads appearing above our posts, on this site, acting like 1500 is a bargain price for a 180gh btc miner.
300 would be more like it. Otherwise save your money and buy the 3th machines or faster ones as they become available.

Those buying mining hardware from eBay doesn't really know much about the situation.
They probably don't even understand how difficulty adjustment works.  Wink
Datastick

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:18:41 PM

so what should new ppl do when these conditions, we want to join but with scammers on ebay or companies having delays with product or even expensive product; what is a noob to do b/c we want to joi too?
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:59:42 AM

so what should new ppl do when these conditions, we want to join but with scammers on ebay or companies having delays with product or even expensive product; what is a noob to do b/c we want to joi too?

My advice would be to get in on some of the group buys for AntMiners, or the other 200 gh units for about 1.3ish BTC.

If you don't have BTC, there are ways to get some. There are some group buys that will do paypal.

Don't do preorders, and don't buy pre-orders. You are likely to get scammed. I bought a pre-order a while back on E-bay, and the guy never shipped, never responded to e-mails. Lucky for me, I had paid for it with Paypal using my CC. Paypal refunded.

You can pick up some deals on E-bay if you are careful.

Best way for a new miner to get started now would be to use their existing graphic card hardware and mine some scrypt coins, then convert them to BTC (if you want BTC) on cryptsy.

That way, you won't be shelling out tons of money for ASICs, and you can do it even if you don't have BTC. 2 decent R90 cards will mine you a BTC per month equivalent of LTC (roughly-I haven't done the calculations yet, maybe two months) That's enough to get you started.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: