Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:21:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many coins can keep in MEW?  (Read 215 times)
jack2016k (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:50:14 PM

hello , How many coins can keep in MEW address? Is it secured wallet?
jack2016k (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:54:23 AM

Shocked
gayletot

Activity: 323
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:00:11 AM

I do not think so. this wallet has been a big one for all the ethereals. so your coins are in the ethereum in MEW.

cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:08:02 AM

Quote from: jack2016k
How many coins can keep in MEW address?
In my own thinking, I know that MEW doesn't have any limits on any coins to hold on, as for your tokens are converted into ETH and I also think that this wallet has already the greater capacity for each user.

Quote from: jack2016k
Is it secured wallet?
It depends on you, on how you manage your own wallet, this platform needs to be carefully used and handle by the user. This also helps you to be responsible for your own good. Lately there was an issue about some wallets have been hacked by using google chrome but still many users are not affected by this and does continue on using MEW.

IMO, it is also a good wallet especially if you're on a bounties that only pays with their own token.
jack2016k (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:56:48 AM

Can I hold 1000 coins in single MEW? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ::)I don't think so,I think there is a limit for each wallet address
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:05:19 AM

I guess for the limit of tokens that can be stored in mew it's probably just MEW development that can answer that question, because I have a friend who has more than 150 kinds of tokens in his MEW address, and for his safety I do not think there's a single wallet really safe because all the systems are connected to the Internet, can be hacked or also prone to phishing. One of the safest ways, by using trezor or ledger
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:19:57 AM

If looking from wallet eth an exchange. e.g., etherdelta https://etherscan.io/address/0x8d12a197cb00d4747a1fe03395095ce2a5cc6819
can store more than 200 tokens
_crypto_moon_

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:04:39 PM

There is no limit to the storage of crypto currency in your wallet Myetherwallet. The maximum number is limited only by all tokens that exist at the moment.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:11:50 PM

Not sure on how many tokens you can have attached to one address, I can't see why there would be a limit.  In terms of security MEW is not a wallet, it is simply an interface which allows you to view and manage your wallet, security is down to you as you hold your private keys. 

If you always log into MEW by entering your private keys each time then you are exposing your keys each time you do this and if there is a problem with MEW this is where you could come across problems.

Try if you can to use a hardware wallet to log into these sites as it is much safer.
Irviyandi

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:13:27 PM

Maybe quite a lot of coins that I keep in myetherwallet (MEW), although many issues are spread that myetherwallet is no longer safe and also myetherwallet is very easy to hacked but I still believe in myetherwallet this happens Until now I still save in myetherwallet

ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:19:58 PM

Can I hold 1000 coins in single MEW? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ::)I don't think so,I think there is a limit for each wallet address
Yes you can, average token in cryptocurrency when first created using MEW. So many thousands of altcoins you can store in MEW, but when you want to swap the altcoin into a money fiat you have to send it to an exchange that lists the token.
weertgilders

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:25:16 PM

There's no limit on how many coins you store in myetherwallet but just for the security concerns try to split your assets in multiple myetherwallet addresses.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:29:17 PM

I hold a few coins on Myetherwallet such as Kwhcoin, Debitum Network, STK and Flixxo tokens, I think my wallet is very safe to be used as storage assets that I have now
fakerhunia

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:31:50 PM

I think there is no limit. Coins can be kept in millions. The problem is when to reach that number.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:33:45 PM

I think MEW can store very many coins. Whatever coin you have. From potentially to scam the results of a scam project can also be saved. But from MEW of course you should be careful against hackers because it is very easy for someone to hack MEW by spreading phishing links. You can get hurt if not careful.

GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:45:50 PM

Not sure on how many tokens you can have attached to one address, I can't see why there would be a limit.  In terms of security MEW is not a wallet, it is simply an interface which allows you to view and manage your wallet, security is down to you as you hold your private keys. 

If you always log into MEW by entering your private keys each time then you are exposing your keys each time you do this and if there is a problem with MEW this is where you could come across problems.

Try if you can to use a hardware wallet to log into these sites as it is much safer.
Speaking of security, I would advise you to install on a computer that does not have Internet access MyCrypto (it is an analogue of MEW) and create a transaction there. Then copy it to a flash drive and go to a computer with the Internet, send the copied transaction using Etherscan
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:59:33 PM

There is only one coin can be stored in MEW, it's ETH cause all others are ERC20 token. LOL. You should know that coin and token are not the same, you can call coin and token are cryptocurrency but you can't call coin is a token Wink. And I think it's almost impossible to know exactly number of cryptocurrencies can be stored in MEW Smiley.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:59:39 PM

There's only one coin you can store in your MyEtherWallet and that is Ethereum. The others are called tokens. Tokens relies on a coin's network. To be clear, cryptocurrencies that relies on a coin's blockchain is called tokens. ERC20 compliant tokens are the other "coins" you are talking about. MEW can store all the tokens as long as they are Ethereum-based tokens.

MEW is a secure wallet. You control your assets since you have your private key. Just be careful. There are many phishing sites out there that will try to snatch your private key. If ever you wallet is compromised, it will always be your fault and not your wallet's.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:33:08 AM

as far as I know there you can store an unlimited number of coins, the question is only safe for you

mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:56:30 AM

Well you can try and buy all the ETH on the market and put it all on your mew. i'm sure there is still some space left for more eth to put there Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: