Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:19:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many coins can keep in MEW?  (Read 215 times)
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:02:19 AM

As long as they are ERC token, MEW can hold all of it. MEW doesn't have to download the blockchain, its just right for the use of thousands of tokens in there. But I don't think you will really put all your coins in one wallet. You don't want to do that because if one mistake you did and you accidentally lose you access or worse hacked, you lose all your money.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jennycarter32

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:52:28 AM

Not sure if there's a maximum, mine has over 100 different coins in.
samuellim853

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:55:25 AM

I don't think there's a limit. Better to store any big amounts in an offline wallet though, none of these online wallets are completely safe.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:04:11 AM

hello , How many coins can keep in MEW address? Is it secured wallet?

As long as it is erc20 or ethereum based token you can keep as many coins as you want I haven't read on any article or post that there is a limit on one wallet, but it's best that you spread your coins to as many wallet as you can, it means create many wallet and store your coins or spread your coins on it.
fenzuijk

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:16:01 AM

What you can accept with mew is just the token on the Ethernet network, not the coin. These two are completely different. Tokens can accept countless, no limit.
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:18:39 AM

If it's an ERC20 token, there's no quantitative limit.
Because an acceptable address for an ERC20 token can accept an infinite number of ERC20 tokens.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
derihendra

Activity: 273

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:20:56 AM

if you have a wallet mew, you can save a lot of erc20 coins there, purse mew very safe, do not hesitate

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
KobbyC

Activity: 361

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:30:57 AM

I don't think there is a limit to tokens it can hold. I have seen someone's wallet which contains 1000 coins. MEW is not limited to a number of coins.
Torrenth

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:33:50 AM

According to what I know mew has no limits for how many coins you want to keep, if you ask about security I can not say safe or insecure, because it all depends on every transaction you make.
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:38:58 AM

MEW is a good wallet and very effective when it comes to storing ERC 20 tokens. But we have to remember that it's still a web based wallet and therefore vulnerable to hacks. It's not very wise therefore to store a big amount of investment or high value tokens in MEW as it's exposed to hackers, you can however store your bounty rewards there but make sure you transfer them to safer wallets later on

jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:47:25 AM

this is the first time I've seen anyone question this, but this is a good question. I'm sure most people here either do not know it (including me) or even MEW has no limits for the number of coins or tokens in it.
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:56:55 AM

There is no limit to the number of token coins that can be stored in the MEW. However, I do not think it will reach the level at which a person has so many types of coins that he does not allow MEW to add more. In terms of security, MEW has recently become vulnerable. It is normal to find other data protection solutions as long as hackers are looking for hacked solutions. If you have serious investments, you can try using a hardware wallet.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
mmacool

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:57:42 AM

I think that there is no restriction. I have about 120 coins, but I saw a lot more. I think if there was a limit on the storage of coins. Then somewhere it would be notified. And all the instructions would be written.
thanhhoian2016

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:00:10 PM

Buddy is extremely good project, it can store in wallet MEW and low transaction fee, this is a safe project to keep long
blackssmith2018

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:05:50 PM

Yes is safe as long as your private key are safe you can keep as much as you can because sometime Etherwallet are get some a little maintenance and wipe all the spam or scam token to your wallet like as I said you can keep as much as you can.
EvgenOrel

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:12:58 PM

I think MEW can hold as many tokens that it supports. I now there are about 35 tokens and no questions to the MEW I have. I think that the developers pledged to support any number of tokens in our wallets.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:13:48 PM

Quote from: jack2016k
How many coins can keep in MEW address?
In my own thinking, I know that MEW doesn't have any limits on any coins to hold on, as for your tokens are converted into ETH and I also think that this wallet has already the greater capacity for each user.

Is it secured wallet?
It depends on you, on how you manage your own wallet, this platform needs to be carefully used and handle by the user. This also helps you to be responsible for your own good. Lately there was an issue about some wallets have been hacked by using google chrome but still many users are not affected by this and does continue on using MEW.

IMO, it is also a good wallet especially if you're on a bounties that only pays with their own token.

Right,you can store many coins as you wanted sincd MEW has no limitations regarding this matter,the only problem is the security of your coins in single wallet because we use many wallet as we can have to segregate our coins because MEW platforn are very vulnerable to hackers as this happens couple of times

So to make it sure ,make each coins and volume separate wallets and since this is free so what made you thinking creating many
Bokugo

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:18:29 PM

How many coins can keep in MEW address?
In my own thinking, I know that MEW doesn't have any limits on any coins to hold on, as for your tokens are converted into ETH and I also think that this wallet has already the greater capacity for each user.

Is it secured wallet?
It depends on you, on how you manage your own wallet, this platform needs to be carefully used and handle by the user. This also helps you to be responsible for your own good. Lately there was an issue about some wallets have been hacked by using google chrome but still many users are not affected by this and does continue on using MEW.

IMO, it is also a good wallet especially if you're on a bounties that only pays with their own token.

Right,you can store many coins as you wanted sincd MEW has no limitations regarding this matter,the only problem is the security of your coins in single wallet because we use many wallet as we can have to segregate our coins because MEW platforn are very vulnerable to hackers as this happens couple of times

So to make it sure ,make each coins and volume separate wallets and since this is free so what made you thinking creating many
However there is no limit to the storage of crypto currency in your wallet Myetherwallet. The maximum number is limited only by all current tokens.
Negedu4love

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:43:01 PM

You can keep as much coins of ethereum smart contracts in your MEW, theres is no limit as to how much you can store on your MEW wallet. However, the security of MEW is not guaranteed by MEW themselves so i will advise you use Metamask as it is more safe and secure.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: