Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:30:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ** Looking to build my first mining rig **  (Read 606 times)
Wedel (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:49:53 PM

Hi guys,

I am looking to invest some money into a mining rig, i am looking for something that would make me $150 ~ a day.

Since i am a complete newb and not sure how to go about this, please help me decide.

I am also very worried about electricity costs, i am in uk Wink
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
everest556

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:08:56 AM

You must first and foremost understand what the difficulty increase is and what it does to your mining gains.

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
leancuisine

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 03:18:17 AM

Hi guys,

I am looking to invest some money into a mining rig, i am looking for something that would make me $150 ~ a day.

Since i am a complete newb and not sure how to go about this, please help me decide.

$150 a day from mining?  Shocked

Expect a heavy upfront investment then.

leancuisine

Activity: 980

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 03:22:45 AM

You would need 20,000 KH/s if you are planning on mining Litecoin and making $150 a day, and that is before power costs. Rough estimates:

R9 290 pulls 300 watts each, and gives 800 kh/s. $500 each.

25 R9 290s are needed then, which will cost $12,500. Not to mention the other parts needed. It will also require 7,500 watts for just the GPUs, not including processors and the motherboards. Not sure if a normal house can manage that much wattage safely, unless you plan on buying scrypt ASICs.

ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:40:44 AM

Hi guys,

Wedel, the advice above is good but also remember that virtual currency mining is an arms race. To keep mining at £100 a day profit you need to also factor in buying new equipment as part of the costs to keep up with the difficulty increases, that greatly increases the amount of money you need to begin with.

Start simple and cheap to understand mining before you throw cash at it. Get a AMD 7950 graphics card or better and mine alternative currencies for a couple of weeks to understand just what it is about. If you don't like it you have something of value to sell, if you do like it then you can empty your savings account.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:41:04 AM

Either you are planning for a big investment, or this is a mission impossible.
vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:06:54 PM

700GH will earn you around $150/day if you calculate it on mtgox 1btc/$950!!
you will earn that amount for the next 3 days and after difficulty jump you will be on $110/day.

also you'll need around 25.000kh/s gpu-s to mine $150/day and with difficulty rising it won't last long.

so  for that kind of earnings you wan't, you can forget about it!

mission impossible!

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: