Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:22:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the word PURSE not used a lot in cryptocurrency world than WALLET?  (Read 183 times)
btj (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:58:59 PM

Hi,

We everytime see new products coming with the term: WALLET, and this one is the most used in the cryptocurrency world !

When we see PURSE is less used.

What is the real difference to favorite WALLET than PURSE ?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:15:38 PM

I can't tell If you're being serious or not but a wallet is usually used to store credit cards or money while a purse can be used for other items and since bitcoin is considered as a currency (money) It make more sense to use the word wallet.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:30:05 PM

Hi,

We everytime see new products coming with the term: WALLET, and this one is the most used in the cryptocurrency world !

Actually I wants to know your real intentions behind this question that why are asking but for your concern, prose is a thing where we use to put our valuable things and casual things as well whereas on the other hand wallet is a word used when we are talking about money , currency, credit and debit cards etc so more precisely speaking Walker is used for keeping our confidential economical things safe so I guess that is why word wallet is used with bitcoin not purse.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:49:44 PM

Purse may be gents purse or ladies purse.  Though gents purse mostly kept in pocket containing cash and or cards but ladies purse may contain small mirror; cosmetics; one comb etc etc  Grin
Wallet has not such distinction; it is neither ladies nor gents (I think).  And it is not used to keep other articles as purse can be used to keep.  So wallet is used to keep currency notes; debit credit cards; driving license etc and bitcoin / crypto being another digital form of currency and for keeping this currency it the word wallet is used ; I think it is more appropriate.
Though you may use the word purse for you if it gives pleasure to you
 Wink
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 04:57:01 PM

This is because Purse is feminine while Wallet is masculine. Do not forget that the globe is a Man's World. Whether we admit it not, malechavenism rules the world.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:03:02 PM
Merited by RodeoX (2)

This should answer your question:

>A wallet is smaller than a purse and can fit inside a purse.
>A wallet is a small flat case designed to hold cash, credit cards and identification documents such as driver’s licence, etc. a purse apart from holding currency also carries other paraphernalia such as a woman’s personal items, etc.
>A purse is a fashion accessory that has been fashionably designed. A wallet is more practical and convenience based.

source: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-a-wallet-and-a-purse-Are-they-gender-specific

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:03:35 PM

Hi,

Because i think WALLET is more appropriate for digital term. If we use purse its very conventional and out dated term. Also wallet term is more widely accepted.
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:11:17 PM

This is because Purse is feminine while Wallet is masculine. Do not forget that the globe is a Man's World. Whether we admit it not, malechavenism rules the world.

And that`s why cryptocurrencies might fail to conquer the world.Because females don`t use them.
They are too much NERD stuff and a little bit complicated for the ladies.
By the way,the word purse is used in purse.io,which is a popular platform,that can be used to buy amazon products with crypto.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:17:01 PM

This should answer your question:

>A wallet is ...

That's a good answer. But I think the OP has also revealed a gender bias. It could have been called a purse just as easily. What does this tell us about Satoshi?

I have said too much.    Lips sealed

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
altcoinanalyst1

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:20:00 PM

Well, Because purse and wallet are not same thing. A purse is a fashion item. There are two types of purse gents purse and women purse. Purse can be used as a wallet also. So you can see that Wallet is the universal word for storing your credit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: