Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I overcome the merit barrier?  (Read 432 times)
BitNaija (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:25:04 PM

So I am asking, can such members share their knowledge here?
Sure, I can share my knowledge.  Most users who have yet to rank up since the start of the merit system are probably either posting idiotic trash that no one cares to read, OR they're posting where no one will ever read it, i.e., in Bitcoin Discussion.  Those are two surefire ways of never earning any merit, and only the latter is a barrier that most people have much control over.  I have not checked your posts, but if you're posting in Bitcoin/Altcoin Discussion or Economics, it's a safe assumption that anything you write is immediately going to be in a 2^21-layer sandwich of shitposts, and even if your post is decent, there's going to be nobody with patience enough to find it. 

Starting threads about how difficult earning merits is, is only going to get you put on some people's ignore lists that you'd probably wish you weren't on.  Yes it's hard to earn them, but it's supposed to be that way.  You can still contribute normally, and the only thing you're missing out on--as Vod has pointed out--is higher sig campaign earnings.  Nobody is going to shed a tear over that.

I think,there's no other way of getting merits,but we should make a one constructive post,and be appreciated by the others. We need to obey and support the rules of this forum.
Here's another cookie-cutter piece of slop for the ignore list.  I have a strong sense that people who write stuff like the above are just saying words they think merit-givers want to hear--and missing the spirit of things entirely.
Thanks for your contribution. I have noted a key factor which I will try to work on. That is, not sandwiching my post.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:15:29 AM

Haha, many would understand that research on google as copy-paste from google  Grin And get their asses banned. Then create a newbie account crying that they didn't know  Angry

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 06:33:14 AM

Perhaps before you familiarize yourself with merit you should do the same with the rules. Double-posting is disallowed, never mind the quadruple posting that you just did.

If you made useful posts or threads then you would get merit. And I don't mean a casual response that most people can whip up using a bit of common sense. Something that's actually concrete is what you need to make. Don't be vague and general like all the "bitcoin will rise" posts. Have some substance.

intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:27:52 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 08:25:30 AM by intoy_victor

The mechanics are simple. All you have to do is to make a quality and useful post where all of users could get something from it. Not just ideas but also techniques and other informations needed in the forum. Merit system was made for us to improve our posts as well as how we share ideas with other forum members. And btw quality posts may contain images or table of datas that could help others to understand faster.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:10:33 AM

The mechanics are simple. All you have to do is to make a quality and useful post where all of users could get something from it. Not just ideas but also techniques and other informations needed in the forum. Merit system was made for us to improve our posts as well as how we share ideas with other forum members. And btw quality posts may contain images or table of datas that could help others to understand faster.

thats right but keep in mind that your post must be also on important boards not just on discussion board (e.g bitcoin discussion , economics , altcoind discussion and so on ) because if you post on that boards there is a big chance that your post will only be burried alive without anyone noticing how good your content was.

And btw quality posts may contain images or table of datas that could help others to understand faster.

quality post does not always mean it has an image or data  . quality post means your post must be understable and on topic.

You can still help others by just posting a good post without any other fancy images or so called data and whatso ever.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:45:08 PM

The introduction of the merit system has been applauded by many. Others too have spoken against it. I have been on the side of the merit system.

But looking at my activity points and where my rank still is, makes me understand why so many are against the merit system. I, though, still support the merit system.

There are those whom it seems know the key to earning merits. So I am asking, can such members share their knowledge here?

Why did they against merit? Oh wait i know. Because they cant go to next rank and can not earn more money with their recent signature. If they dont care about money, they will not mad about not levelling up in this forum, and even if they care a lot about money they should work hard for it. It is privilege, not a right., you have to earn it, but apparently they just want the easy way to earn money in this forum.

You can get merits by working hard, help members, contribute more, be visible, etc. O wait, you all guys who whine can not do it because you guys only want an easy money in this forum.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:11:29 PM

Until now, I have only two merits but still I don't find this system a barrier. I do agree that people come here for monetary reasons, not all but surely a lot and the only way to get to that point id to get high ranks, go sig campaigns and bounties, and everything that concerns ranks for incentives. Maybe at times I consider myself as one of them but sometimes, being too busy about career is a bit hard.  Yes it is quite hard to earn them but what would you expect. It is hard to earn money these days and that is for REAL.
Learning that survival is a skill with patience and guidance of your knowledge. Less than that, I think it will be harder for you to stay long.
I think you are intelligent person and hands up to that. Just keep on being active and set goals. Before you know it, you will be engaged.
Squishy01

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:40:17 AM

I may not be in the position to speak as I'm lower in rank than you are, and moreover, I still have no merits. Still, I want to share the knowledge I gained from reading in this forum  Smiley

Based on what I read, you need to reply or posts in the Meta forum or in forums and threads about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. People almost never get merits in off-topic forums, and I believe you know why.

Moreover, comments should make sense, be comprehensive, and be helpful to the topic and to other users. I think there's no shortcut to it, we just have to be patient and be credible members of this forum. Hope this helps, sir!

Cryptosandy1987

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:51:45 AM

The introduction of the merit system has been applauded by many. Others too have spoken against it. I have been on the side of the merit system.

But looking at my activity points and where my rank still is, makes me understand why so many are against the merit system. I, though, still support the merit system.

There are those whom it seems know the key to earning merits. So I am asking, can such members share their knowledge here?
I think,there's no other way of getting merits,but we should make a one constructive post,and be appreciated by the others. We need to obey and support the rules of this forum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4702284.0 merit giving away thread, who has 0 merits and jr.member, so you can try here to get some merit.

Netscouters.com ⌁[ Decentralized football investments
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––  and funding Eco-System ]⌁
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: