Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:30:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FLIPPOKER IS CLOSING!  (Read 17643 times)
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:49:07 AM

How did you calculate these values? Or did you just use an online odds calculator?..

I have already told you that the "house" got an 4.05% edge.. if the "house wins when it's a tie" didn't exist would result in that the house and the player would both have a 50% chance of winning. Because you never know what cards you or the house will get dealt. Both would have the same advantage.

By the way, I'm really aware of odds/pot-odds/outs and so on when it comes to poker.

Odds are static.  They don't change.  The odds I quoted are the odds of the hand.  If you are "really aware of odds..." you should know this.  Do you know this?

You "already told me" that the house got a 1% edge.  The you posted an incredibly low sample size and said "um I think this means the house has a 4.05% edge".

I'm asking you again.

What is the provably fair house edge % on your site?

This is getting comical.

Yes, I made an mistake about the "house edge" because I was un-sure what that really was until I did some research about it. The house edge isn't some "static" value you just can set when it comes to this type of game on this site. It's something you need to benchmark to get a grip on, that's exactly what I did. If you would get your money returned if it were a tie the house edge would be 0%.

The edge is the advantage the house has over the players.. and the only advantage the house has over the players at the moment is when a hand got tied.
But if we take the multipliers too for an example.. if your multiplier is for an example 1.25x the edge would be much higher. Because you will risk more than you would win.

No, you are incorrect.  I illustrated two examples where the house edge was over 20%.  You admitted that you don't understand what house edge means.  You've now made THREE different claims.  That the house edge is 1%, that the house edge is 4.05%, and now that the house edge is 0% plus ties. 

This is VERY basic math.  Are you willing to state, definitively, what you claim your house edge is?  I'll give you a hint...if you say a number under 20%, you are either lying or are talking out of your ass. 

So, once again: 

What

Is

The

House

Edge?

Don't you think that people who are risking real money on your site deserve to know this? 

FlipPoker (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:19:55 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 01:30:55 PM by FlipPoker

hey flippoker said u credityed me but nothing yet
17Y1V86ytQ3uwhK5NJHPHAU7w9oiguV4LW

Now your account have been credited, sorry for the misunderstanding.

All that has been calculated at this time is that the "opponent" wins 4% more of the time than the player. If it's truly random then that number can and should fluctuate. Is the opponent the house or am I actually playing a hand against another player?

You're playing against the house and not another player.

Yes, so I don't really know what to say more about the "house edge". The edge will be different every single time a new game starts up.

Flip Poker now accepts BTCD - Free 10k sat BTCD EVERY MINUTE from faucet!

http://btcd.flippoker.net | All BTCD won during Beta will be donated to the BTCD Devs. Please dont invest for now (Beta)
FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:39:46 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 06:47:02 PM by FlipPoker

How did you calculate these values? Or did you just use an online odds calculator?..

I have already told you that the "house" got an 4.05% edge.. if the "house wins when it's a tie" didn't exist would result in that the house and the player would both have a 50% chance of winning. Because you never know what cards you or the house will get dealt. Both would have the same advantage.

By the way, I'm really aware of odds/pot-odds/outs and so on when it comes to poker.

Odds are static.  They don't change.  The odds I quoted are the odds of the hand.  If you are "really aware of odds..." you should know this.  Do you know this?

You "already told me" that the house got a 1% edge.  The you posted an incredibly low sample size and said "um I think this means the house has a 4.05% edge".

I'm asking you again.

What is the provably fair house edge % on your site?

This is getting comical.

Yes, I made an mistake about the "house edge" because I was un-sure what that really was until I did some research about it. The house edge isn't some "static" value you just can set when it comes to this type of game on this site. It's something you need to benchmark to get a grip on, that's exactly what I did. If you would get your money returned if it were a tie the house edge would be 0%.

The edge is the advantage the house has over the players.. and the only advantage the house has over the players at the moment is when a hand got tied.
But if we take the multipliers too for an example.. if your multiplier is for an example 1.25x the edge would be much higher. Because you will risk more than you would win.

No, you are incorrect.  I illustrated two examples where the house edge was over 20%.  You admitted that you don't understand what house edge means.  You've now made THREE different claims.  That the house edge is 1%, that the house edge is 4.05%, and now that the house edge is 0% plus ties.  

This is VERY basic math.  Are you willing to state, definitively, what you claim your house edge is?  I'll give you a hint...if you say a number under 20%, you are either lying or are talking out of your ass.  

So, once again:  

What

Is

The

House

Edge?

Don't you think that people who are risking real money on your site deserve to know this?  

The house edge would actually be from 4% up to (something) I need to calculate. But since I'm going to redo the whole multiplier process I will announce the real house edge when it's done.. 1-2 weeks.

This is in early development.. and we had a very bad "start" and I apologize for that. We want to earn the community's trust.. but I know that you guys are kinda sceptical at the moment. But we will do our best to get the game as fair as possible. So I'm glad we had this discussion because we will re-think the whole process. So I suggest no one deposits any coins yet until we have sorted this out. We don't want to be un-fair to our players.

We have learned by our mistakes.

http://btcd.flippoker.net | All BTCD won during Beta will be donated to the BTCD Devs. Please dont invest for now (Beta)
FUR11

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:42:12 PM

The house edge would actually be from 4% up to (something) I need to calculate. But since I'm going to redo the whole multiplier process I will announce the real house edge when it's done.. 1-2 weeks.

This is in early development.. and we had a very bad "start" and I apologize for that. We want to earn the community's trust.. but I know that you guys are kinda sceptical at the moment. But we will do our best to get the game as fair as possible. So I'm glad we had this discussion because we will re-think the whole process. So I suggest no one deposits any coins yet until we have sorted this out. We don't want to be un-fair to our players.

Please edit your OP to include what you just put here.  You don't know what your sites house edge is, but you know that it's higher then every other site in the market and you suggest that no one deposits.

Wouldn't you say now that everyone who DID deposit was lied to (since you had said that the house edge was 1%)?  Why should anyone trust your site in the future with a history of being disingenuous?

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 08:13:03 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 08:29:48 PM by FlipPoker

Please edit your OP to include what you just put here.  You don't know what your sites house edge is, but you know that it's higher then every other site in the market and you suggest that no one deposits.

Wouldn't you say now that everyone who DID deposit was lied to (since you had said that the house edge was 1%)?  Why should anyone trust your site in the future with a history of being disingenuous?

I know it will be really hard to earn trust during these circumstances. But I willl do my best.

I have updated the first post and disabled deposits on the site. It's the only right thing to do until all of this have been resolved.

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 08:52:42 PM

It's been a while since any updates have been posted.

We haven't give up on this site, but we haven't got the time yet to sort this out due to still being in the process of setting up extra hardware. What we do have is a brand new method of calculating the statistics of our games that we think you will like.
Our last milestone is to fix the communication between our "hot wallet" and the site.

Best regards, FlipPoker.net

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 07:21:41 PM

Now we are LIVE!
We apologize for the inconvenience before and we hope that our new version of FlipPoker will come in handy.

New features:
Multiplier calculated due to you and yours opponent holding cards.
Claim 100 Satoshi for free to play with from our Faucet once every hour.

FUR11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:25:15 PM

Now we are LIVE!
We apologize for the inconvenience before and we hope that our new version of FlipPoker will come in handy.

New features:

Are you still lying about your house edge?

Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:36:45 PM

Now we are LIVE!

New features:

They are lying? by the way, the site is bugging hard.

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:39:23 PM

Now we are LIVE!

New features:

What do you mean? As our FAQ states:
The “1% House Edge” means that 1% is reduced of every multiplier. Let’s say that you got a hand when you got a 50% chance to win the multiplier would be 2. But with the 1% House Edge the multiplier will be 1,98. With some basic mathematics this will be calculated like this: 2 * 0.99 = 1,98

Can you please explain what's wrong with this?

Still in development.

FUR11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:40:19 PM

Now we are LIVE!

New features:

Read the thread.  He claimed his house edge was one thing, I proved that it wasn't, he then basically admitted that he doesn't know what house edge means.  I then asked how, if he doesn't understand how math works, he could ensure that the site was so house-friendly aaaaaaaaaaaaaand he disappears for a month.

FUR11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:42:07 PM

Now we are LIVE!

New features:

What do you mean? As our FAQ states:
The “1% House Edge” means that 1% is reduced of every multiplier. Let’s say that you got a hand when you got a 50% chance to win the multiplier would be 2. But with the 1% House Edge the multiplier will be 1,98. With some basic mathematics this will be calculated like this: 2 * 0.99 = 1,98

Can you please explain what's wrong with this?

Still in development.

I asked you a question.  You responded with a non-answer.

Before, you were lying about the house edge.  Are you still lying about the house edge?

Are you claiming that the house edge is 1%?  Are you willing to offer a bounty if someone can prove that that is not true?

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:44:48 PM

Now we are LIVE!

New features:

Read the thread.  He claimed his house edge was one thing, I proved that it wasn't, he then basically admitted that he doesn't know what house edge means.  I then asked how, if he doesn't understand how math works, he could ensure that the site was so house-friendly aaaaaaaaaaaaaand he disappears for a month.

Yes, that's right. I disappeared a month under development and figuring some stuff out to improve this site. I also closed the site during this period. This is not like the old site that was really unfair to the player.
I don't want to be unfair to the players and I want this to be a legit site.

We can call this a "re-launch".

Regards.

sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:45:32 PM

Hello, I know the creator IRL. He is trying to make a legit gambling site, no cheating with money anywhere. The rules are clear, site has been updated a lot. Trying to covince him to make a bonus for the deposits Smiley

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:47:25 PM

Removed - miss posted

FUR11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:53:46 PM

Yes, that's right. I disappeared a month under development and figuring some stuff out to improve this site. I also closed the site during this period. This is not like the old site that was really unfair to the player.

Regards.

Have you made restitution to the players that you were (in your words) "unfair" to?

Why should players trust a site that has a history of being (in your words) "unfair"?

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Regards.

Have you made restitution to the players that you were (in your words) "unfair" to?

Why should players trust a site that has a history of being (in your words) "unfair"?

Yes, I admit that we made a BIG mistake when we launched this site from the start.
And we're trying to do it right this time. We hope we will get the communities trust in the future.

If you want you can try it out, there's a faucet where you can earn some free coins to try it out with Smiley

Please come with feedback to improve this site, if you have any suggestions it's very appreciated. It's like you trying to ruin this site at the moment Undecided

sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:25:00 PM

https://i.imgur.com/B5PzaLu.jpg checking so deposit works. So far so good.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
FUR11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

Regards.

Yes, I admit that we made a BIG mistake when we launched this site from the start.
And we're trying to do it right this time. We hope we will get the communities trust in the future.

If you want you can try it out, there's a faucet where you can earn some free coins to try it out with Smiley

Please come with feedback to improve this site, if you have any suggestions it's very appreciated. It's like you trying to ruin this site at the moment Undecided

You didn't answer either of my questions.  Why?

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 10:27:52 PM

Regards.

You didn't answer either of my questions.  Why?

Then I will give you an straight answer here.

We reduce every multiplier/odds by 1%, that's what the "House Edge" is on this site.
Please convince me otherwise.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: