Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:24:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FLIPPOKER IS CLOSING!  (Read 17643 times)
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:31:55 PM

Yes, that's right. I disappeared a month under development and figuring some stuff out to improve this site. I also closed the site during this period. This is not like the old site that was really unfair to the player.
I don't want to be unfair to the players and I want this to be a legit site.

We can call this a "re-launch".

Regards.

Have you made restitution to the players that you were (in your words) "unfair" to?

Why should players trust a site that has a history of being (in your words) "unfair"?

Yes, I admit that we made a BIG mistake when we launched this site from the start.
And we're trying to do it right this time. We hope we will get the communities trust in the future.

If you want you can try it out, there's a faucet where you can earn some free coins to try it out with Smiley

Please come with feedback to improve this site, if you have any suggestions it's very appreciated. It's like you trying to ruin this site at the moment Undecided

You didn't answer either of my questions.  Why?

Then I will give you an straight answer here.

We reduce every multiplier/odds by 1%, that's what the "House Edge" is on this site.
Please convince me otherwise.

You quoted my questions...and then didn't answer them.

Here they are again:

Have you made restitution to the players that you were (in your words) "unfair" to?

Why should players trust a site that has a history of being (in your words) "unfair"?

Also, a bonus question for you (that I asked earlier and you ignored): Are you willing to put out a bounty for anyone who is able to show that the house edge isn't 1%?

Note that I'm not claiming that it ISN'T, I'm asking if it's worth my time to find out.  You are so far 0/1 on your claims, so I clearly have reason to question.

Those three questions one more time:

Are you willing to put out a bounty for anyone who is able to show that the house edge isn't 1%?

FlipPoker (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 10:38:53 PM

Yes, that's right. I disappeared a month under development and figuring some stuff out to improve this site. I also closed the site during this period. This is not like the old site that was really unfair to the player.

Regards.

Yes, I admit that we made a BIG mistake when we launched this site from the start.
And we're trying to do it right this time. We hope we will get the communities trust in the future.

If you want you can try it out, there's a faucet where you can earn some free coins to try it out with Smiley

Please come with feedback to improve this site, if you have any suggestions it's very appreciated. It's like you trying to ruin this site at the moment Undecided

You didn't answer either of my questions.  Why?

We reduce every multiplier/odds by 1%, that's what the "House Edge" is on this site.

You quoted my questions...and then didn't answer them.

Here they are again:

Also, a bonus question for you (that I asked earlier and you ignored): Are you willing to put out a bounty for anyone who is able to show that the house edge isn't 1%?

Note that I'm not claiming that it ISN'T, I'm asking if it's worth my time to find out.  You are so far 0/1 on your claims, so I clearly have reason to question.

Those three questions one more time:

Are you willing to put out a bounty for anyone who is able to show that the house edge isn't 1%?

Sure, that sounds fair. If you can prove it that something is wrong here it's actually worth to lose this "bounty" to get it right.
How much are you suggesting?

Flip Poker now accepts BTCD - Free 10k sat BTCD EVERY MINUTE from faucet!

http://btcd.flippoker.net | All BTCD won during Beta will be donated to the BTCD Devs. Please dont invest for now (Beta)
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:55:12 PM

Regards.

[/quote]

You didn't answer either of my questions.  Why?
[/quote]

We reduce every multiplier/odds by 1%, that'swhat the "House Edge" is on this site.
[/quote]
This is a complete reboot. He wants a normal gambling site that with player UI allows betting bitcoins.

GO LOOK AT THE PAGE ITS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE LAST SITE! A MISSTAKE WAS MADE BUT HE SPENT A LOT OF TIME CORRECTING THIS AND HAS THE SAME EDGE AS OTHER SITES! HE HAS HAD A MONTH TO FIX THE SITE DURING THE SHUTDOWN!

I am betting my own money (not much but it's some) in my deposit.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
FUR11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:56:16 PM

I asked three questions, you half answered one.  This seems to be a trend with you.

You should come up with a bounty that you can afford, that you feel will properly motivate people to test your site for you.  If you are asking for me to give you a suggestion, I'd suggest 1BTC, obviously held in escrow with a trusted escrow.

Here are those three questions one more time, let's hope for some more answers:

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:01:35 PM

I asked three questions, you half answered one.  This seems to be a trend with you.

You should come up with a bounty that you can afford, that you feel will properly motivate people to test your site for you.  If you are asking for me to give you a suggestion, I'd suggest 1BTC, obviously held in escrow with a trusted escrow.

We're a new site.. and a 1 BTC bounty will hurt the total flippoker bankroll really bad (because we're new at the gambling market). We wan't to cover every players winnings.
I have already told you about that we made a huge mistake to even release the site in the first place.

I missed that question about the "restitution" to the players (sorry about that). We actually didn't got any deposits onto the site *sigh* because the site were only up for a couple of days.
I think because all the bad "response" on the forum, so people didn't want to risk a deposit to our site.

We hope we can reverse that trend and get trustworthy.

http://btcd.flippoker.net | All BTCD won during Beta will be donated to the BTCD Devs. Please dont invest for now (Beta)
sickhouse

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:11:34 PM

Quit that. Move on. If he would have been up for scamming he would have made a ponzi instead of putting down lots of time on this project. He is thinking about hiring a designer (we have a friend who works with web design).

I honoestly don't know why you keep going on about this. It's a fair site now, we are human humans makes misstakes. Instead of asking for a bounty tell him what's wrong so he can correct it..

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
FUR11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:17:15 PM

I missed that question about the "restitution" to the players (sorry about that). We actually didn't got any deposits onto the site *sigh* because the site were only up for a couple of days.
I think because all the bad "response" on the forum, so people didn't want to risk a deposit to our site.

Are you 100% positive that that is the truth?

sickhouse

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:17:35 PM

Why should people trust a site that was (and still is in development, but so is every other gambling site)? Well shit happens, when realized it was taken down (and it did not take too long). I just deposited money and it works fine.

This is a brand new site with proper balance between the player and the house (like PrimeDice for instance).

P.S If you already know something and aren't sharing you are a real dick. We need more gambling sites for Bitcoin that are stable, you should help out if you have information.

FUR11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:23:51 PM

Why should people trust a site that was (and still is in development, but so is every other gambling site)? Well shit happens, when realized it was taken down (and it did not take too long). I just deposited money and it works fine.

This is a brand new site with proper balance between the player and the house (like PrimeDice for instance).

P.S If you already know something and aren't sharing you are a real dick. We need more gambling sites for Bitcoin that are stable, you should help out if you have information.

You are blindly defending your friend.  None of what you say matters to me because it has no substance.  Your friend has a history of (in his words) "unfair" behavior.  He is continuing to dodge questions, say half-truths, and act oddly.

The onus is on him to prove that his site is legit.  I'm asking him to do so, and to answer some unanswered questions.  This should be very easy to do.  Having a healthy skepticism is important when dealing with unknown gambling games, and nothing that I'm asking is unfair or out of bounds.

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:25:52 PM

If anyone would have made deposits during the brief time they were open we deeply apologize to them. However we have seen no transactions to the wallet.

FUR11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:34:56 PM

If anyone would have made deposits during the brief time they were open we deeply apologize to them. However we have seen no transactions to the wallet.

Well gee, here's one:

https://blockchain.info/tx/fb8cd070b1746ec71c741313d10146c9917d68c425a5a0ddbccf26e75b62d9fd

And you can see that it looks like it was moved into a different wallet a day and a half later, along with some other funds. 

Soooooo you claimed you got 0.  There's proof of one.  The way the funds were moved implies at least one other.  Would you like to revise your claim of "We actually didn't got any deposits onto the site *sigh*"?

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:40:35 PM

Well gee, here's one:

https://blockchain.info/tx/fb8cd070b1746ec71c741313d10146c9917d68c425a5a0ddbccf26e75b62d9fd

And you can see that it looks like it was moved into a different wallet a day and a half later, along with some other funds. 

Soooooo you claimed you got 0.  There's proof of one.  The way the funds were moved implies at least one other.  Would you like to revise your claim of "We actually didn't got any deposits onto the site *sigh*"?

If that is true we will look it up. We won't run away with your money.
We will investigate this and come back to you. If that transaction actually made it to our wallet we will refund you.

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:50:55 PM

text

Hi, now we have looked it up.. and it seems that you're right.

We found this in our transaction history:
{
        "account" : "a68bf5-4b5c0c-98b949",
        "address" : "1MQG7fBSpMRKUPFV2Z5FWrafsTM8JVkg4D",
        "category" : "receive",
        "amount" : 0.00250000,
        "confirmations" : 5029,
        "blockhash" : "0000000000000001359dc26d2353fe1e1ec328fe5c550d7988d01a658acd65b3",
        "blockindex" : 157,
        "blocktime" : 1391219756,
        "txid" : "fb8cd070b1746ec71c741313d10146c9917d68c425a5a0ddbccf26e75b62d9fd",
        "time" : 1391219437,
        "timereceived" : 1391219437
    }

These coins were never credited into our system, so we never recognised it. That's one part that we have complete re-programmed so it won't happen again.

Please provide me with your Bitcoin address and we will you refund you these 0.0025 BTC.

Best apologize.

FUR11

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:57:03 PM

text

{
        "blockhash" : "0000000000000001359dc26d2353fe1e1ec328fe5c550d7988d01a658acd65b3",
    }

These coins were never credited into our system, so we never recognised it. That's one part that we have complete re-programmed so it won't happen again.

Please provide me with your Bitcoin address and we will you refund you these 0.0025 BTC.

Best apologize.

1E2UcP6Ag6woTjinCasUbr4CDXtRJN6pkn, the same account that sent the coins.

It seems that you often don't tell the truth, and then come up with an excuse for why you aren't telling the truth.  This is a red flag in business.

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:04:38 AM

text

{
    }

Best apologize.

1E2UcP6Ag6woTjinCasUbr4CDXtRJN6pkn, the same account that sent the coins.

It seems that you often don't tell the truth, and then come up with an excuse for why you aren't telling the truth.  This is a red flag in business.

We have refunded you: https://blockchain.info/sv/tx/86e8529625875b314bda372fe4aafd752c256888308394a9b79075b5fdf2b5f3
(We also gave you an extra 0.0001 BTC for the trouble).

I'm not hiding for the truth, our site is totally anonymous and it's almost impossible to know which coins belongs to a specific person. If something have gone bad we will fix it.
I hope you see us as fair enough after we have refunded you. We wan't to be legit site.

So we do the right by our users.

sickhouse

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:06:19 AM

You are blindly defending your friend.  None of what you say matters to me because it has no substance.  Your friend has a history of (in his words) "unfair" behavior.  He is continuing to dodge questions, say half-truths, and act oddly.

The onus is on him to prove that his site is legit.  I'm asking him to do so, and to answer some unanswered questions.  This should be very easy to do.  Having a healthy skepticism is important when dealing with unknown gambling games, and nothing that I'm asking is unfair or out of bounds.
Well I can tell you this: PR isn't really his strong side and he made this site on his own during his free time. He is not familiar with fourms (at all), (if in  he already answered you earlier he wont bother writing that down because you know it). But I do agree with you that questions shouldn't be avoided unless there is reason for it.

This whole is a hobby for him, a hobby that hopefully will generate some cash, while at the same time allowing people to play carcd. He works 8 hours a day with programming and has for several years now - he makes over $4k a month, petty theft is really not required. He has a genuine interest for programming and wants to get somwhere - having the #1 card gambling site would mean more than the money being made as it's a very large achievemenet and ofc it's what almost eveyrone strives for - being the best in what they like to spend time doing.

I dont know anything about the first incident, I know that it launched and that something went wrong - but should any BTC be find missing I'm sure it will be payed back.

FUR11

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:22:24 AM

I'm not hiding for the truth, our site is totally anonymous and it's almost impossible to know which coins belongs to a specific person. If something have gone bad we will fix it.
I hope you see us as fair enough after we have refunded you. We wan't to be legit site.

I don't see you as fair enough, no.  You were not truthful about your house edge.  You were not truthful about how many people had deposited.  You refunded me after a month of holding the coins and after lying about receiving my deposit.  How do I know that there aren't other people who have deposited that never received a refund?  It's not the cost, obviously, it's the principal.  If you are dishonest about .002, why should I expect you to be honest about larger amounts?

You have shown that, AT BEST, you are bad at running a business.  You avoid questions and then answer them dishonestly.  I don't know why you'd expect people to think you are legit.

FUR11

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:24:54 AM

Well I can tell you this: PR isn't really his strong side and he made this site on his own during his free time. He is not familiar with fourms (at all), (if in  he already answered you earlier he wont bother writing that down because you know it). But I do agree with you that questions shouldn't be avoided unless there is reason for it.

This whole is a hobby for him, a hobby that hopefully will generate some cash, while at the same time allowing people to play carcd. He works 8 hours a day with programming and has for several years now - he makes over $4k a month, petty theft is really not required. He has a genuine interest for programming and wants to get somwhere - having the #1 card gambling site would mean more than the money being made as it's a very large achievemenet and ofc it's what almost eveyrone strives for - being the best in what they like to spend time doing.

I dont know anything about the first incident, I know that it launched and that something went wrong - but should any BTC be find missing I'm sure it will be payed back.

You are making this worse for your buddy.

If he's such a brilliant programmer then there is no reason for him to have been dishonest about the house edge initially.
If he's such a brilliant programmer then there is no reason for him to have been dishonest about deposits.

His history is bad.  Could the site be legit now?  Of course it could.  But why would anyone trust it to try?

FlipPoker (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:28:57 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 01:17:04 AM by FlipPoker

I don't see you as fair enough, no.  You were not truthful about your house edge.  You were not truthful about how many people had deposited.  You refunded me after a month of holding the coins and after lying about receiving my deposit.  How do I know that there aren't other people who have deposited that never received a refund?  It's not the cost, obviously, it's the principal.  If you are dishonest about .002, why should I expect you to be honest about larger amounts?

You have shown that, AT BEST, you are bad at running a business.  You avoid questions and then answer them dishonestly.  I don't know why you'd expect people to think you are legit.

I really wish that the past would "disappear" and we can continue on. As you see I have refunded you.
If you had the feeling like you got "robbed" by our site you should have contacted our support at: flippoker1@gmail.com

Or you just could make an post in this thread and we would sort this out sooner.

If anyone else got their deposits lost please reply to this. As I said before, we can't connect any deposit to a specific person because we have designed the whole system to be "anonymous".
We just wan't a fresh restart.. and I know we have a bad history. But many of these gamble sites always went into trouble during this "early stage".

sickhouse

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:37:25 AM

You are making this worse for your buddy.

If he's such a brilliant programmer then there is no reason for him to have been dishonest about the house edge initially.
If he's such a brilliant programmer then there is no reason for him to have been dishonest about deposits.

His history is bad.  Could the site be legit now?  Of course it could.  But why would anyone trust it to try?
No there is no reason for that - I haven't claimed that either. But as previously stated I don't know much about the 1st launch and from what he told me the adresses are 100% anomynous, even for him. The adresses are 100% anomynous, not even he can see information about it. Him being a good programmer doesnt make him top PR or making 100% right decisions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: