Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:07:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was bitcoin created by the NSA? your thoughts  (Read 522 times)
Tyr808 (OP)

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:43:01 PM

Stumbled across this old VB post where he makes a hypothesis of Bitcoin having possibly been made, or supported by, the NSA.
Thoughts?

This is probably one of the major reasons Satoshi never let anyone know who he was.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually an American working for the NSA specializing in cryptography.  Then he got sick of the government's monetary polices and decided to create bitcoin.

Or the NSA itself decided to create Bitcoin. Things as big as megacorps and governments work against themselves all the time, I wouldn't be too surprised if the NSA has some part in at least supporting it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:21:44 PM

Kinda unrelated, but just noticed something interesting.
This is Hal Finney's bitcointalk account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2436
Hal Finney died on 2014. But last login to this account occurred in 2017.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:28:19 PM

My thought is that it doesn't matter who created Bitcoin or why.

Note that that TOR was created by the U.S. Navy.
_oh_no_stop_this_

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:54:28 PM

This is Hal Finney's bitcointalk account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2436

God dammit, this is so creepy.
Maybe he is just pretending to be "dead".
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:59:40 AM

In my opinion BTC was made to figure out how to decrypt sha-256 encrypted messages.

There is no such thing as "sha-256 encrypted messages" in Bitcoin. SHA-256 is not an encryption method. Bitcoin is not encrypted.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."
— ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
CryptAssist

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:52:43 AM

It may have been a sample (not simple) idea created just as a potential prototype that was never expected to be used other than for experimenting by a three letter agency. This could explain the coin's small supply. I personally don't believe that to be the case. I think it came from someone or a group that came out of the 'Cypherpunks' community. Also, let's be real. Look at the timing. 2009? Just after the almost complete economical break apart. If you were to create a currency for the people, unless you were a high level position or bank, creating a paper currency that people except along side the dollar isn't realistic 'nor does resolve the issues associated of Fiat. So what other way than digital? OK so you have a new all-digital currency. And maybe it's peer-to-peer so that cuts out middlemen and their fees and controls etc. OK. But now you have the problem of someone else cloning your coins. Let's say each coin has a unique identifier. What if someone else created a replica with the same identifier. SO, you have to have some sort of consensus as to where the REAL coin is. This is where the distributed ledger comes in. Many nodes all agree that your funds are in a particular wallet. That's the way it has to be. And the node operators have to be compensated too. Enter mining fees. So really, bitcoin is just a logical response to a fiat problem. The crazy part is the small supply of coins. This creates huge highs and lows. But there are many Altcoins to choose from that solve this and other issues. It's kind of pick your currency. The top 100 will seen be on cards all over the world. Are you a Litecoin guy?, a Cardano girl?, or do you prefer Substratum?  Money is now fashion. Spend or save in a way that expresses you!
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:03:05 PM

That's actually really weird! Who could have done that?
Only "safe" choice would be if his family or friends knew his password.
unless the forum admin perhaps reset it to do something?  Lips sealed
Len_nin

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

xCrypt

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:12:30 PM

I'm not sure NSA is envoldev into this,just not point for them maybe. And in the end it doesn't matter who the crypto was created by
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:42:17 AM

The way Bitcoin works as in a decentralized manner it doesn't really matter who created it for what ever motives. It works, and is a great improvement from traditional fiat currencies. I would say that Bitcoin stands against everything the NSA works for though. It would be counter productive for them to create something like Bitcoin which allows people to remain anonymous. I guess anonymity in Bitcoin can easily be compromised if the right precautions aren't taken, and maybe that's what they were hoping to rely on.  I doubt it though, and other than speculation I have no other reasons to believe the NSA are behind Bitcoin.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."
— ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
I've always disliked this quote. Even if you are wrong sometimes the only way to learn is to be vocal about it, and get others opinions/insight. Keeping silent just means you'll continue being a "fool". So what if you are wrong as long as your willing to listen to others then there shouldn't be a problem with voicing your interpretation of things.

The account was thought to be compromised, and locked by theymos. It's also believed that Hal's email was compromised as a result also, due to the accounts password being reset through it.
Ozkhan

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:51:08 PM

The CIA and NSA, like all of the other 15 elements of the National Intelligence Community, collect and analyze foreign intelligence related to US national interests and disseminate finished intelligence products to foreign policy decision makers in the federal government.
Bitcoin is not part of that picture.
_oh_no_stop_this_

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:46:46 PM

The CIA and NSA, like all of the other 15 elements of the National Intelligence Community, collect and analyze foreign intelligence related to US national interests and disseminate finished intelligence products to foreign policy decision makers in the federal government.

Did you watch a movie about Snowden?
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:57:40 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 10:32:37 PM by Strufmbae

So the long lost rumor is awaken,  i got a little fire to start. I have searched about satoshi nakamoto on google and i saw some pictures but since i don't know the truth which one is true and which is not. I am still thankful.

The only way to reveal that secret is to ask admin theymos and admin cyrus, moderators and staffs. they know the answer behind that secret.
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:03:04 AM

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm

HOW TO MAKE A MINT: THE CRYPTOGRAPHY OF ANONYMOUS ELECTRONIC CASH
Laurie Law, Susan Sabett, Jerry Solinas

National Security Agency Office of Information Security Research and Technology

Cryptology Division

18 June 1996

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
zoomzoom

Activity: 350
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:09:50 AM

I would plum with it being unlikely, just cos it fits some narrative its way more likely to be no NSA.. my suspicions are it is someone from UK, or someone who lived there, so that would also bring down the NSA argument, though I guess not completely. But like someone else pointed out with TOR network, it was created by US, but people still trust and use it.
baradfo

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:13:40 AM

Did you watch a movie about Snowden?

Snowden was a hack....
xTz

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 03:42:42 PM

Hard to believe N.S.A have any involvement, other then sha256 algo which was invented by NSA back in 2002 if i am not wrong.
Why would they name project with a asian common name like Satoshi Nakamoto.
Judging by complexity of the project development, i am pretty sure there was a group of experts from many industries involved, i can see someone who was involved in gaming industry, i see some part of project from an financial/economics expert, at least 2 programmers and possible a mathematician . Judging by security there are many other experts with a lot of experience in cryptography.
So, it is impossible  for me to think there is a single person who can do such a beautiful work. I can only admire the work job Smiley
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:10:55 PM

Just because satoshi was anonymous it doesn't mean that he's the NSA.What motives would the NSA have for creating something like bitcoin? Doesn't even make sense to me. If they were going to create something like bitcoin it would probably be the opposite of it.

That's actually really weird! Who could have done that?
Only "safe" choice would be if his family or friends knew his password.
unless the forum admin perhaps reset it to do something?  Lips sealed

His account was probably compromised due to the forum hack, or his email was. I think satoshi's email address was even compromised at one point.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:55:15 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 05:05:17 AM by mymenace

NSA - or other intelligence organizations
1) All the great minds are hired by these organizations
2) Bitcoin the perfect medium to track all transactions
3) The New World Global Currency - one currency to rule them all
4) Decentralized - How to make it centralized *Theory*

Bitcoin
1) Released under anonymity
2) Forum created on Libertarian based model of decentralization and strong political ideas against the central banks
3) 4) 2011 - Wikileaks, CIA, Gavin Andressseeenn
5) DDos attacks on forum
6) Satoshi runs (Disappears)

Cryptocurrency
1) Markets explode 2012
2) Scams, shills, criminals, elite - everyone gets on board
3) 2012 Bitcoin exchange _ Mark Karpeles (Switzerland relatives - Rothschild connection)
4) Bitcoin full on assault begins
  a) Big block debate - Gavinn Andressssennnn, Roger Ver etc etc (CIA involved)
  b) Exchange/Altcoin attack - Altcoins are better!!!, hack, steal, exchange after exchange falls - Paul Vernon Cryptsy (Military Intelligence involved Lori Ann Nettles)
  c) Mining Attack - Butterfly Labs Sonny Verssdgshrrghtt - whateva (Criminal and Political ties involved)
  d) Bear market - they had most coins (Gox, Cryptsy, Mining) except for Satoshi's (approx 500,000)
  e) 2016 - Rise of the Token ICO Ethereum is the new blockchain, Bitcoin is dead cannot make transactions
  f) The rise of the FORKS Bcash, Bgold, Lighning, Segwit, Bitcoin is dead cannot make transactions  The Return of the Sith - Gavinn Andressssennnn, Roger Ver

Looks like Bitcoin was a NSA code leaked by a Libertarian scared of Central Bank Control *Theory*

Proof
1) Satoshi did not want anyone talking to the media or Wikileaks, various members exposed him
2) The bitcoin blockchain is obviously being attacked heavily - it holds all the evidence of the corrupt and criminal in the early days
3) The above need to destroy bitcoin to hide their Silk Road operations (forgot that one) and other criminal cabal scams

Please correct any of it, or add to it
But whatever you do, for reasons above, it looks like we must protect the blockchain
Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:58:42 AM

Interesting theory.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:07:34 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 05:48:58 AM by mymenace

NSA - or other intelligence organizations
1) All the great minds are hired by these organizations
2) Peer to Peer money *adjusted*(Bitcoin) the perfect medium to track all transactions
3) The New World Global Currency - one currency to rule them all
4) Decentralized - How to make it centralized *Theory* (Would need a lot of Investment Huh what would it look like - polished. )
Or the NSA itself decided to create Bitcoin. Things as big as megacorps and governments work against themselves all the time, I wouldn't be too surprised if the NSA has some part in at least supporting it.

Bitcoin
1) Released under anonymity
2) Forum created on Libertarian based model of decentralization and strong political ideas against the central banks
3) 2011 - Wikileaks, CIA, Gavin Andressseeenn
4) DDos attacks on forum
5) Satoshi runs (Disappears)

Cryptocurrency
1) Markets explode 2012
2) Scams, shills, criminals, elite - everyone gets on board
3) 2012 Bitcoin exchange _ Mark Karpeles (Switzerland relatives - Rothschild connection)
4) Bitcoin full on assault begins
  a) Big block debate - Gavinn Andressssennnn, Roger Ver etc etc (CIA involved)
  b) Exchange/Altcoin attack - Altcoins are better!!!, hack, steal, exchange after exchange falls - Paul Vernon Cryptsy (Military Intelligence involved Lori Ann Nettles)
  c) Mining Attack - Butterfly Labs Sonny Verssdgshrrghtt - whateva (Criminal and Political ties involved)
  d) Bear market - they had most coins (Gox, Cryptsy, Mining) except for Satoshi's (approx 500,000)
5) Bitcoin does not die *adjusted*
  a) 2016 - Rise of the Token ICO Ethereum is the new blockchain, Bitcoin is dead cannot make transactions
  b) The rise of the FORKS Bcash, Bgold, Lightning, Segwit, Bitcoin is dead cannot make transactions  The Return of the Sith - Gavinn Andressssennnn, Roger Ver

Looks like Bitcoin was a NSA code leaked by a Libertarian scared of Central Bank Control *Theory*
This is probably one of the major reasons Satoshi never let anyone know who he was.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually an American working for the NSA specializing in cryptography.  Then he got sick of the government's monetary polices and decided to create bitcoin.

Proof
1) Satoshi did not want anyone talking to the media or Wikileaks, various members exposed him (he disappears) *adjusted*
2) The Bitcoin Blockchain is obviously being attacked heavily - it holds all the evidence of the corrupt and criminal in the early days
3) The above need to destroy bitcoin to hide their Silk Road Operations (forgot that one) and other criminal cabal scams

Please correct any of it, or add to it
But whatever you do, for reasons above, it looks like we must protect the blockchain

Interesting theory.

I added *Theory* next to the theory parts so as anyone can research the rest if they want to know more.

The rest are just facts (by all means dispute them, everyone find your own facts) from the forum and media
Hope this helps.

Or you could just connect the dots...Wikileaks...Bitcoin Blockchain...Silk Road Operations...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: