Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:48:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW: WAR OF LIFE GAME!] The Real Altcoin [SHA-256]  (Read 36820 times)
Xu

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:31:31 PM

Nor does coinwarz lie! #1 profitable coin already!

Hey Xu, MP sez "give the kid 0.01 BTC bounty, for his agility". So post an address.

Where is the marketplace for these coins?

On IRC.

Heh, wasn't expecting donations, but OK. Maybe my wife won't bug me about wasting my time...

BTC: 15E4bhVTncFMEquGBxwqs5VZLZrDjdNqji
ALT: W0wP3op1Er3t00p1D28li3v3th13tHr3ad1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:35:48 PM

Should start with 1, are you sure?

Please keep it civil. It's all we have left!
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:42:19 PM

What I'm saying is, I will show you what you want to hear.

The leading of horse to watering therefore has not gone.

Heh, wasn't expecting donations, but OK. Maybe my wife won't bug me about wasting my time...

BTC: 15E4bhVTncFMEquGBxwqs5VZLZrDjdNqji

Paid. How much for the wife?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:48:46 PM

The leading of horse to watering therefore has not gone.

Mere cartography, my friend!
Pasco60

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:50:27 PM

INTERESTED

I was the first to show interest here, but only have a small student budget Laptop to mine, so donations are helpful:
17XU9aS1eRUzUp6yWvyMwCDciJScSckeaR

Thank you!

PMC: 1FERnGpCrQzUdYRN3guPoJ9YTgYSN6tCe5
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:00:14 PM

Just curious here: I get a new block almost exactly every 2 minutes. There is no way that these blocks are being solved EXACTLY every 2 minutes. There should be quite a bit more variance than that. Is my bfgminer only checking for a new block every two minutes or something?

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:01:38 PM

it says "no block source avaible" when i open wallet?
underbridge

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:28:15 PM

...wondering how you can afford to pay bounties?
Quote from: ThickAsThieves
Are there any words that can account for something that has yet to happen?
Yes. It's known as "communicating your plans to others". Without doing this, it's hard to be sure of other people's support.

Speak only as action. Believe only as witness
Pseudophilosophical YoD...

Rival

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:34:26 PM

Is my bfgminer only checking for a new block every two minutes or something?
I have the same issue... found it weird but never realizel this might be why I'm not mining that much now.

Looks like expiry setting controls this, but not sure exactly what raising it or lowering it will do.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:34:57 PM

Yes. It's known as "communicating your plans to others". Without doing this, it's hard to be sure of other people's support.

I told you the plan, no?

You just wanted assurances, so I gave you some!
mercenar1e

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:45:55 PM

how do i mine?
Rival

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:11:31 PM

Supposedly the block rate is 512 seconds. But I think they are being found much faster than that. Maybe even much much faster than that.

It makes it difficult to predict s and E values, or to even know if you are screwing yourself by what you change them to.

The difficulty level went from 1K to 4K in the last 4 hours.
FoodForThePoor

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 10:14:23 PM

No pools available yet?

Altcoin Donations:  16zBdTkGWh5UMTZt5twtrLnNwMqcUsA4SR
Rival

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:22:15 PM

Blocks are being solved between 8 and 10 seconds each. The diff can't even come close to keeping up, that's the problem. People are pointing some big rigs at this and gobbling them.
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:32:26 PM

Sigh... Sometimes even obvious irony is not obvious...

You know, this is a formal law of nature.

Laws of nature are objective.
This was law of subjectivity.

Dear ZephramC,

There is no law in nature, for it is metaphysical. It exists only because we imagine it exists.

What is the metaphysical, other than that which does not exist wishing that it did?

It is an irony of the past.

What is irony, other than a satire of the metaphorical? It is satire that is law.

Satire is but a juxtapositional demonstration of metaphor. It is the worn edges of an aging paradigm.

One cannot be subjected to metaphor, for it is only found out of bounds. One must seek to observe what it does not yet know.

A metaphor is a question, asking if it will be an irony of the future, or a unique facsimile of the present.

It cannot exist in the past, for it exists in the moment. It is from the future.

This paradox is resilient yet virginal. Tempered yet untouchable.

It is an impenetrable paradigm, waiting to be observed, but transcendent of the metaphysical by its very nature.

Call it ironic. Call it subjective. Call it anything you can imagine.

Call it whatever you want, while you still can, for it is a paradox observed within a paradigm.

It is but Nature painting pictures of the future.

You are merely temporarily-ordered chaos clinging to the edge of reality while slipping away into the metaphysical.

You are a finished painting, unable to fully observe its own composition.

Nature is expression. It is a sight waiting to be heard, a sound waiting to be seen.

It is an ocean in a sea of lifeboats, a torch in a vacuum.

It is potential incarnate. It is chaos immortal.

With Love,

~Altcoin

Dear ThickAsThieves,
nature is not metaphysical as it follows the laws of physics. Those laws might not be in our grasp, we will never know them fully and we can never be sure that our senses are not deceived at any given time or even all the time. For what it is worth, all our experiences can be just a set of electrical signal implanted into our solipsistic brain (in a vat) by some sophisticated computer.
But some laws exists and nature unfolds by those laws.

Even if all intelligent life and imagination ceases to exists and even if the life itself ceases to exists, universe will still be here, existing, following the laws of nature (or laws of physics depending on what you mean by nature).

Metaphysical is laying beyond physics (or beside it, after it in the case of original books by Aristotle). Reasoning without empirical evidence, philosophy, even religion can intersect this domain. The part of reality existing only in our imaginations is... well our imagination only. It is beautiful woeul, but sitl bound, countable and abiding laws of logic.

What is metaphor? What is irony? What is satire? What is humor? All the questions of degree, of measure, of right proportions. Who decides what is appropriate, what is adequate, what is excessive or deficient? Each individual for himself. Although many of them desire their subjective measure to be objective.

Nothing can exists only in the present. Four-dimensional reality does not like infinitely thin objects in either of its dimensions. Although we are raping Minkowski now. There is no paradox. Only misunderstanding and multitudes of motivations, conceptualizations and expressions of single underlaying principle of Human Action. There is no painter.
Altcoin might aspire to be Proper class, which it is not. But thanks to Zermelo, choice of your Altcoin is logical.
Thank you.

With reason, love and consequence,

~ ZephramC

... I am still afraid that MPOE-PR laws dictate that there is at least one human being in the lifetime of the universe that will take this post seriously.
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 10:37:18 PM

Sigh... Sometimes even obvious irony is not obvious...

You know, this is a formal law of nature.

Laws of nature are objective.
This was law of subjectivity.

Dear ZephramC,

There is no law in nature, for it is metaphysical. It exists only because we imagine it exists.

What is the metaphysical, other than that which does not exist wishing that it did?

It is an irony of the past.

What is irony, other than a satire of the metaphorical? It is satire that is law.

Satire is but a juxtapositional demonstration of metaphor. It is the worn edges of an aging paradigm.

One cannot be subjected to metaphor, for it is only found out of bounds. One must seek to observe what it does not yet know.

A metaphor is a question, asking if it will be an irony of the future, or a unique facsimile of the present.

It cannot exist in the past, for it exists in the moment. It is from the future.

This paradox is resilient yet virginal. Tempered yet untouchable.

It is an impenetrable paradigm, waiting to be observed, but transcendent of the metaphysical by its very nature.

Call it ironic. Call it subjective. Call it anything you can imagine.

Call it whatever you want, while you still can, for it is a paradox observed within a paradigm.

It is but Nature painting pictures of the future.

You are merely temporarily-ordered chaos clinging to the edge of reality while slipping away into the metaphysical.

You are a finished painting, unable to fully observe its own composition.

Nature is expression. It is a sight waiting to be heard, a sound waiting to be seen.

It is an ocean in a sea of lifeboats, a torch in a vacuum.

It is potential incarnate. It is chaos immortal.

With Love,

~Altcoin

Dear ThickAsThieves,
nature is not metaphysical as it follows the laws of physics. Those laws might not be in our grasp, we will never know them fully and we can never be sure that our senses are not deceived at any given time or even all the time. For what it is worth, all our experiences can be just a set of electrical signal implanted into our solipsistic brain (in a vat) by some sophisticated computer.
But some laws exists and nature unfolds by those laws.

Even if all intelligent life and imagination ceases to exists and even if the life itself ceases to exists, universe will still be here, existing, following the laws of nature (or laws of physics depending on what you mean by nature).

Metaphysical is laying beyond physics (or beside it, after it in the case of original books by Aristotle). Reasoning without empirical evidence, philosophy, even religion can intersect this domain. The part of reality existing only in our imaginations is... well our imagination only. It is beautiful woeul, but sitl bound, countable and abiding laws of logic.

What is metaphor? What is irony? What is satire? What is humor? All the questions of degree, of measure, of right proportions. Who decides what is appropriate, what is adequate, what is excessive or deficient? Each individual for himself. Although many of them desire their subjective measure to be objective.

Nothing can exists only in the present. Four-dimensional reality does not like infinitely thin objects in either of its dimensions. Although we are raping Minkowski now. There is no paradox. Only misunderstanding and multitudes of motivations, conceptualizations and expressions of single underlaying principle of Human Action. There is no painter.
Altcoin might aspire to be Proper class, which it is not. But thanks to Zermelo, choice of your Altcoin is logical.
Thank you.

With reason, love and consequence,

~ ZephramC

... I am still afraid that MPOE-PR laws dictate that there is at least one human being in the lifetime of the universe that will take this post seriously.
Time to get real. Will mining these coinz make me rich?

underbridge

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:46:50 PM

I told you the plan, no?
No. You told us your ideas.
I have 'plans' to buy a couple of RollsRoyces. But unless I've got a spare GBP200k (or the means to get it), it's just an idea, not a plan.
So can I ask: do you have a PLAN for funding bounties, or are you just wee-weeing into the wind?

You just wanted assurances, so I gave you some!
I see no assurances (=guarantees) in your reply. Did you mean reassurance, which is a much more vague critter?
And no, if I'd wanted reassurance I'd be, like: "ooh, I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing here, could someone please tell me I'm OK?"

Compare this with someone seeking answers who asks: "how are you planning to do this?"
MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:53:05 PM

Blocks are being solved between 8 and 10 seconds each. The diff can't even come close to keeping up, that's the problem. People are pointing some big rigs at this and gobbling them.

So 10 seconds instead of 10 minutes at 4k difficulty means the real difficulty as calculated from actual hash is somewhere around 250k? That's not really so much or is it?

Bitcoin has 2bn on 20Ph, so then ATC has ~2Thash on it atm? Wow. Did I do the math wrong or is this really larger than all other altcoins atm?

nature is not metaphysical as it follows the laws of physics. Those laws might not be in our grasp, we will never know them fully and we can never be sure that our senses are not deceived at any given time or even all the time.

The rest of your post just went away.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:58:22 PM

Anyway, Thanks for donations to 15Ucc3jBx1ZUamR18EsjdSbSzARXtUjbPF
I actually recieved some. :-)

MPOE: Well, I still know of nothing better than science for trying to understand this world by putting it on solid objective basis. Just... we can never be sure that we are right. But the probability is overwhelmingly better with some laws than with another.

So the difficulty is about 8900x lower than BTC. Hashrate should be 2.38 THash/s. Yep, you are right. But "more significant" SHA256 altcoins have larger diff than 250k. Terracoin has 600k.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:07:16 PM

Anyway, Thanks for donations to 15Ucc3jBx1ZUamR18EsjdSbSzARXtUjbPF
I actually recieved some. :-)

MPOE: Well, I still know of nothing better than science for trying to understand this world by putting it on solid objective basis. Just... we can never be sure that we are right. But the probability is overwhelmingly better with some laws than with another.

So the difficulty is about 8900x lower than BTC. Hashrate should be 2.38 THash/s. Yep, you are right. But "more significant" SHA256 altcoins have larger diff than 250k. Terracoin has 600k.

Did you receive some in the physical or in the metaphysical sense?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: