Bitcoin Forum
August 07, 2024, 10:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No profit to be made even with 2TH machines?  (Read 3400 times)
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:41:35 AM

What's the story are people pre-ordering new gear and crossing their fingers?

some a lots people got scammed by Butterfly labs just because they decided to make pre-orders

Not just BFL, but a very simple principle. If you pre-order at a specific price, and the kit is late, your ROI drops by the day because the network hashrate continues to climb. And since most pre-ordered kit (i.e. kit that hasn't been made yet) is normally late ....
asfbhero

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:10:12 AM

People should take into consideration that they can't keep going down in nm, and therefore efficiency forever, or at least quickly.  My speculation is that efficiency will plateau for a bit at around 28-18nm
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:17:26 AM

People should take into consideration that they can't keep going down in nm, and therefore efficiency forever, or at least quickly.  My speculation is that efficiency will plateau for a bit at around 28-18nm

But network hashrate is not just dependent on efficiency on any particular device, its the sum total of all mining devices. Hardware manufacturers are gearing up to produce *many more* waters at current nm, and with much greater power efficiency. Ten devices run at 2TH/s will still add 20TH/s to the overall network hashrate.
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:51:43 PM

Short of meteoric rises in bitcoin value there doesn't appear to anyway of getting your money back

You dont understand how the mining game works based on that sentence. Meteoric rise or crash has nothing to do with whether you profit or not.

Just buy BTC and dont touch for 5 years. Forget mining. Thank me later.
InCoinsITrust

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:50:53 PM

Short of meteoric rises in bitcoin value there doesn't appear to anyway of getting your money back

You dont understand how the mining game works based on that sentence. Meteoric rise or crash has nothing to do with whether you profit or not.

Just buy BTC and dont touch for 5 years. Forget mining. Thank me later.

I can agree to this.
You can profit bigtime if you can get money for preorders, design chips, produce them and mine with them and deliver only when it is not profitable to others. True story made by BFL.
navigator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:43:31 PM

The worst thing about preorders is that it makes the company lazy. Have you ever been paid for a task in advance and then given 100% effort towards that task?

If parents paid their kids for mowing the lawn before actually doing it, it may never get done!
MANofthePEOPLE

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:49:33 AM

Estimated Next Difficulty:    3,103,729,561 (+18.40%)
And last diff jump was 19,5%. Any chance we keep seeing ~20% diff increases? If so the new asics will be pretty profitable. Interesting to see what happens when all the cointerras hit the market.
InCoinsITrust

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:12:34 PM

Estimated Next Difficulty:    3,103,729,561 (+18.40%)
And last diff jump was 19,5%. Any chance we keep seeing ~20% diff increases? If so the new asics will be pretty profitable. Interesting to see what happens when all the cointerras hit the market.

maybe only for a few months, that there will be cointerra and knc probably and it will be 50% and more for a few periods. I can't see anything profitable in BTC mining unless you have very deep pockets.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: