Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The founder of Ethereum warns of false information.  (Read 118 times)
BinhZed (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:45:08 AM

Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin has issued a personal Twitter alert about a newspaper that has misinformed his views on elections in West Virginia. Rumors are that the state will be the first to adopt online voting through blockchain technology.

http://tinyimg.io/i/SPzBMQs.jpg

Vitalik Buterin responds to false information

"This is a deviation in communication. No way to tweet that means that I support the cautious mentality in the election online. It means you have to be careful, "Vitalik wrote in his latest tweet on June 7.

The misleading information makes people misunderstand that Vitalik supports online voting. He meant that the election was an extremely important one. Online elections require an extremely detailed security system, with a separate layer of data protection, and the need for our own technology to achieve that.

Specific details of Vitalik's true notion "Not giving away ETH" Buterin

Because there are so many frauds on the virtual currency community, Vitalik has also filled out the "No Giveaway Giveaway ETH" warning on his name. His tweet conclusion shows that Vitalik does not dare to guarantee that the blockchain technology will be well protected and achieve the expected results when applied to conducting a sensitive, sensitive operation throughout the United States, vote. As the decentralized ledger is widely accessible to all, citizens go to the polls. This may have the opposite effect of damaging the election.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:52:08 PM

Well, great news indeed. He just informed the information was wrong. But, I thing online voting system is a good way to do election.
aftertumern

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:38:14 AM

First of all, I think the online voting system is a good way to vote. In reality, we have seen a lot of news about election fraud. Online voting has its own security system, data protection, and misleading information is artificial. Not the fault of blockchain technology
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:39:06 PM

Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin has issued a personal Twitter alert about a newspaper that has misinformed his views on elections in West Virginia. Rumors are that the state will be the first to adopt online voting through blockchain technology.

During the mid-term elections in 2018, 144 military personnel were stationed overseas from 24 provinces. Through this new platform they could cast their vote through a smartphone. This is a first in the world.
The platform was first tested during the first general elections in April. During this test, a limited number of voters, including soldiers, could remotely vote via their smartphone.

Voatz, as the system is called, was originally developed to increase voter participation among military personnel.

Everything went smooth.
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:06:39 PM

I agree with the online voting but not with false stories, good he make it clear on that to avoid misunderstanding.
I think online voting done properly can be the best way of voting this days as most people stay online these days than the time they really have for themselves. If more like a kyc process with national ID verification can be use for registration.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: