Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How much time does it take to convince somene to take your BTC as a tender just as good as cash? (Double trouble=when theyve never heard of BTC before!)
Not wasting my time, they can google it - 1 (4%)
half an hour - 1 (4%)
1 hour - 0 (0%)
extended period of time (talking about it frequently enough until its accepted and understood - 12 (48%)
Some sheeple wont ever understand its value! - 11 (44%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AT&T rep Accepted my BTC as payment! *Read for details*  (Read 1846 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:37:31 AM

AT&T Accepted my BTC for a past due payment! *Read for details*

This evening, I called AT&T and I started off joking by saying I have made new year resolution to only either use cash or BTCitcoin for ALL expenses and transactions in my life. This will not only help others see its significance but also help me in the long run to avoid debit skimmers and fraud in general!* My other exceptions are prepaid gyft cards or prepaid gift VISA!

I went on to tell the representative about BTCitcoin and what it was, she immediately became engaged in the topic of what a BTCitcoin was and how it worked and what purpose it has/does/will serve, she said there was nothing she can do to prevent a fee of $40 "restoration fee" if I did not make a payment immediately before 11:59 PM tonight!

Long story short I sent her the nearly $300 BTC and she either used her own card to make the payment or whatever, but immediately after I had her create a wallet via her smart phone or tablet (not sure what she was using) I sent the payment, she said the payment appeared and took care of my past due service bill! For all she knows I could have made her download a bogus fraudulent look-alike and had the BTCitcoin seem to appear in her wallet and she would have been SOL! It basically took 45 minutes of explaining its values and so forth for someone entirely new to BTC to trust me to accept it. This is awesome but scary at the same time, people get so caught up in the moment of hype that they don't double-verify things as they should. I appreciated her help but did warn her about the massive amount of "selective" scamming going on within the BTCitcoin industry today!

If a company scams nearly 10%+ of their 'valuable customers' and that 10% rants about how they were duped, statistics show that the other 90% generally, will never absolutely believe that the victim was knowingly scammed by such a big business within the industry, for example: CoinBase (Conbase, back when BTC was blowing up I purchased many coins lets say at $500, after my purchase was submitted, the price went up a HUGE percentage. Knowing what I know, "ConBase" received the money, purchased the coins at $500, saw that the value jumped to $700 for example, gave me an excuse as to why they had to send my money back for security reasons (blah blah blah). In reality, they purchased the coins, profited off the $200's made between the price changes and sent me home with my $500 i initially put down for the purchase. It's a very clever, but yet archaic way of scamming. I have many more examples of this form of scamming many BTCitcoin companies have engaged in, but unfortunately the 90% of the customers who succeed in doing business without being a randomly selected victim will never believe that its possible for this to occur to them, BTC-E Also has pulled TWO selective scams on me before. They found out I came back under a different user and started to warn my friends I met on there to be careful! This all balls down to TRUST and how TRUST is everything within the network, people want to feel trusted because they innately feel rewarded when they feel that someone has given them their trust. Be careful people, this is a volatile industry worth A LOT of money, and where there is money, there is snakes, learn all the coding/cryptography you can so no bullshit can get past you, I strongly advise! Until then..may the force be with you.

This network is more trust based than anything I can think of this moment....unfortunately I would compare it to the statistics given by ISP's, over 50% of the upstream and downstream data is PIRACYGrin Arrrrr

Trust Issues ....

Anyone else have any unique stories about how they made their BTC work for them, please feel free to share with the members of this network!
Enjoi the weeknd!

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
bitcoinmiami

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:32:06 AM

Why did you send her 300$ worth?
Trance (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:41:15 AM

Thats how much the bill was, oh lord how much I hate AT&T and data-capping companies. I've had service with them since Cingular was around and they didn't "grandfather" me in for all the stuff they rape me for these days, data basically lol. I know I'm stupid for not switching because of my contract and just let them milk me.... dont troll me to hard, I will switch eventually !  Wink

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:43:49 AM

Ummmm.... I think I may, not sure, but its possible that I may smell some major bull-diarrhea.
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:39:23 AM

shitthatdidnthappen.txt
Trance (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:43:05 AM

it looks to me that we need something more efficient than a 90 second VIEMO video explaining the basic intrinsic values of Bitcoins!

it's time to get to work minions!

7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:48:56 AM

I find it very difficult to believe any sane person willingly pays $100s in overages.

Bobsurplus is right, your story is bulls***.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:49:03 AM

Shocked Shocked Shocked What in the Hell? How's that even possible? Take the early termination fee and switch to Sprint immediately... or anyone. $350/mo?!?!
calian

Activity: 354

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:07:16 AM

Thats how much the bill was, oh lord how much I hate AT&T and data-capping companies. I've had service with them since Cingular was around and they didn't "grandfather" me in for all the stuff they rape me for these days, data basically lol. I know I'm stupid for not switching because of my contract and just let them milk me.... dont troll me to hard, I will switch eventually !  Wink

Yeah that's enough to buy two brand new unlocked Moto G's every month!
zulu860

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

iseebitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 08:30:40 AM

I  payed my boostmobile with Dogecoins this is how it happened.......lol  Grin

Bitcoins: 157TGFQRUWuBC5pREHcpkXfgCWGrQ9Zti6   iseebitcoins.com
Zimstake: EDEtRKNMUMZrsMCxTKvnz8U2Y84NPQDS2r
Cannabiscoin: CGj3H5AgJKTNeiPCsv2akbQiSSGUjcRjBE
BlueFalcon13

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:37:47 AM

Interesting story!  Grin Great way to promote bitcoin to the mass  Wink
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:01:51 AM

interesting story, bet it took longer to read out and confirm each character of her public address as well as the time mentioned above, than it would have to simply buy a prepaid visa which AT&T would accept.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Trance (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:20:36 PM

I was on a mission to get the young lady to accept my plea to pay with Bitcoin! Now she will go tell everyone she knows about this cool "New" currency called Bitcoin!

Just trust in numbers man, trust in numbers ...

Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:49:35 PM

You realize that you could end up paying again?

You cannot prove that you payed the company. Even if you taped the conversation, I doubt that would help much.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:39:42 PM

what the hell is this connexion for 350 USD per month Huh
in europe, only 20 euros is for internet connexion ...  Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: