Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will bitcoin reach 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000, 40,000, 50,000, 100,000  (Read 5544 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:08:35 AM

When do you guys think bitcoin will reach 1-100,000 US dollars
People say buy march or april it will go up
What do you guys think.
I think it will go up from previous trends
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:13:17 AM

What do you guys think.

If it goes to $100,000 this year, then the stock market must have crashed hard. not something I look forward to, but hey.
I think 10k is hopeful and yet statistically realistic for this year. but how could it be an exact science. it's out of control. I have little doubt that it could be anywhere between $1 and $100,000.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:21:29 AM

What do you guys think.

One look at the log chart will answer all those questions.

Just don't expect the rise to be parabolic past a few hundred thousand dollars. The s-curve will bend the other way before a bitcoin is worth a million dollars.

At this point though, we're still a long way from the vertical.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:39:36 AM

What do you guys think.

Just don't expect the rise to be parabolic past a few hundred thousand dollars. The s-curve will bend the other way before a bitcoin is worth a million dollars.

How long do you think?

JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:51:15 AM

What do you guys think.

How long do you think?

It probably won't go vertical until it passes $10k and that's probably at least a year away and the vertical won't last much past $0.5M. Long term (years away) it may surpass $1M.

JMHO
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:58:01 AM

What do you guys think.

How long do you think?

It probably won't go vertical until it passes $10k and that's probably at least a year away and the vertical won't last much past $0.5M. Long term (years away) it may surpass $1M.

JMHO
If it is indeed an exponential phenomena, the longer it takes to hit the s curve the further it will go I guess.
those will be some exciting days.

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:10:11 AM

Come on, I want to get rich too... but 100k...? Not going to happen. Where is the money going to come from to support such a huge valuation? The days of enormous gains are behind us. Next rally might bring us to 2 or 3 grand, followed by maybe 5k by end of year. That's a bullish scenario. Really bullish. We might just end up oscillating around $800 for the whole year.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:12:09 AM

it's a binary outcome. 1 or 0.

This will either succeed or fail.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:15:42 AM

Come on, I want to get rich too... but 100k...? Not going to happen. Where is the money going to come from to support such a huge valuation? The days of enormous gains are behind us. Next rally might bring us to 2 or 3 grand, followed by maybe 5k by end of year. That's a bullish scenario. Really bullish. We might just end up oscillating around $800 for the whole year.
bitcoin appeals to all markets.
small market cap is 50billion. there will be no problem reaching 50 bln. it is likely to reach 500 bln. there is easily 500bln out there for bitcoin. there is 500 bln for mastercrd, visa and paypal. Bitcoin will represent many more markets.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:18:00 AM

I was just going to say something like that... so I must concur! Its either going to be super crazy 1M+ btc's or its going to zero.. there is no middle ground here... it either takes off and every one of the 7 plus billion people on earth are using it in one manner or another, or it fails and dies a painful death.

I'm betting on the super crazy 1M+ btc as I'm almost all in and am hodling for the longest time!
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:19:20 AM

small market cap is 50billion. there will be no problem reaching 50 bln. it is likely to reach 500 bln. there is easily 500bln out there for bitcoin. there is 500 bln for mastercrd, visa and paypal. Bitcoin will represent many more markets.

I'm not sure here, I may be wrong but I believe the market cap for MC, VISA and PP is way less then 500B.
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:25:19 AM

Indeed. My projections are based on succeed.

If it's a fail I lose less than half a year's income. If it succeeds, I'm a multimillionaire. I can live with that. I sleep well at night.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:22:03 PM

I'm not sure here, I may be wrong but I believe the market cap for MC, VISA and PP is way less then 500B.

Transaction volume, not market cap.
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:38:41 PM

Adding zeroes to the spot price continually gets more difficult.  You can't just add one or two zeroes every year.  That requires an enormous amount of funding now.  Much more so than lower levels.

$2000-$5000 is my guess for 2014.  We won't see $10K until 2016 IMO.  I'm just not confident on the $40K figure yet that Winklevii preach.  I would feel a lot better about it if the India & Chinese central banks weren't such dicks.
Dhuum

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:10:19 PM

hopefully somewhere around $2000-4000
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:02:54 PM

Much depends on the proportion of coins actually on the market at the time. I remember rpitela reckoning $250 billion would need to be actually spent to reach $80,000 per BTC with current supply levels.

This is an interesting calculator that takes that part of the equation on board.

http://www.btcglobe.com/tool/calculate-future

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 10:20:23 PM

Much depends on the proportion of coins actually on the market at the time. I remember rpitela reckoning $250 billion would need to be actually spent to reach $80,000 per BTC with current supply levels.

This is an interesting calculator that takes that part of the equation on board.

http://www.btcglobe.com/tool/calculate-future

Percentage of the world economy:

0.00%

Percentage used for transactions:

1.00%

Then every single Bitcoin will be worth:
0 $

sounds about right.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:26:15 PM

I could imagine Bitcoin having a market of about $25 billion which would be around $2000 each. But much more beyond that is hard to imagine. I can't imagine BTC permeating into the mainstream consciousness too much more this year; and I wouldn't know where another spike like with China would come from.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:44:34 PM

I could imagine Bitcoin having a market of about $25 billion which would be around $2000 each. But much more beyond that is hard to imagine. I can't imagine BTC permeating into the mainstream consciousness too much more this year; and I wouldn't know where another spike like with China would come from.

well, you know what they say..... it's a binary outcome.

a market cap of 25bln will be useful to many market's. by then it will be very efficient for money transfer. firms will be saving a ton on international transfer fees. It will be an attractive investment to the fat cats.

At this point local businesses will begin saving on fees and some may even be comfortable holding bitcoins. Word will spread among circles of the convenience, security and freedoms of dealing only in bitcoin.

bitcoin will be used by tourists on holiday to third world countries, and the savvy locals will profit immensely.

Soon after it will become a disadvantage if you do not accept bitcoin. easy software will be developed and gradually many will be driven to accept it and it will hence forth be a global currency.

when Cyprus had a financial disaster people put their money into bitcoin. in the coming months/years the world could see a financial disaster of untold proportions. there will be panic and sovereign risk. in this case the only way bitcoin could go is up, simply because we are so close to the bottom. Still, harldly anyone holds bitcoin......

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:45:24 PM

I think minds will be blown in one way or another
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: