Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:37:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between teacher and guru?  (Read 161 times)
jak3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:46:05 PM

Hello folks I am from India and I have this question recently.it is bothering me because I see that many people do not knows the value of education nowadays.but I think the main difference between a guru and a teacher is that a guru donates his knowledge but teacher traders his knowledge for money or other rewards.what are your thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
katelynsk

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:20:50 PM

Hello folks I am from India and I have this question recently.it is bothering me because I see that many people do not knows the value of education nowadays.but I think the main difference between a guru and a teacher is that a guru donates his knowledge but teacher traders his knowledge for money or other rewards.what are your thoughts?

I think teacher and guru are related as private and common. In addition, they are slightly different in goals and methods.

The teacher is a narrower concept, which is connected with a certain sphere of study (math, history, biology, IT, music and others). This is an academic concept. A teacher allows you to gain skills and knowledge.

While the guru is a more extensive concept, which in addition has some spiritual meaning - a mentor in life, in religion, in the knowledge of the world and yourself. A guru does not only give knowledge as much as helping you find them on your own. In my culture, this term is not so common, so these ideas and definitions were created on the basis of foreign films and books  Smiley
walkinjo

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:05:26 PM

Guru gives a direction to your soul and mind besides teaching. The teacher just shows you how to solve/understand some material in an appropriate way. So, make your conclusions.
bernashka

Activity: 298
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:39:19 PM

The teacher is trusted, but the gurus believe.
That is, the authority of the teacher is based on the fact that the student knows that the teacher is more experienced, smarter, more educated, and that's why he trusts the teacher's opinion.
While the guru's authority is based on the fact that the guru is a guru and simply because he knows, he understands, those are deeper than the disciple.
KP Oli

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:06:39 AM

Guru in Sanskrit means one who shows the path.
Teacher in English means one who make them know.

Teacher is limited to knowledge while Guru is a broader sense.
RAMSHIVDEEPAK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:52:28 AM

A Teacher takes the responsibility for your growth,
A Guru makes you responsible for your growth,

source-google (I believe in this definition.)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:58:39 AM

no thats not the case, actually you mean "hired teacher" or "public school teacher"

gurus can also demand payment, it has nothing to do with the payment.

its cultural and methodical,

jak3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:40:36 PM

no thats not the case, actually you mean "hired teacher" or "public school teacher"

gurus can also demand payment, it has nothing to do with the payment.

its cultural and methodical,

no thats the myth everyone doesn't know of. a true guru do not ever take something in return for giving you knowledge. they simply enlightens you because you have the hunger for knowledge and they know it. But a teacher is specially trained to teach others who give payments in return. At this time there is no true guru exists on earth anymore because everyone is basically trading their knowledge for money. Where as knowledge should be free and it can be an opportunity to get the knowledge one truly deserve instead of just being a burden on others for spending their money for making us knowledgeable.
Rizqi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 02:29:43 AM

no thats the myth everyone doesn't know of. a true guru do not ever take something in return for giving you knowledge. they simply enlightens you because you have the hunger for knowledge and they know it. But a teacher is specially trained to teach others who give payments in return. At this time there is no true guru exists on earth anymore because everyone is basically trading their knowledge for money. Where as knowledge should be free and it can be an opportunity to get the knowledge one truly deserve instead of just being a burden on others for spending their money for making us knowledgeable.

I know that there are many teachers who trade their knowledge because they are stuck with their own needs, it is a natural thing to happen, but not all teachers are like that.
indeed the substance of a teacher is to teach good and menyikaan science even though 1 letter even if not paid, it is in my opinion teacher's view. moreover I think a lot of friends who share knowledge without carrying the status of a teacher, not even receive a gift at all, and here many like it.
share knowledge and share about problems, then solve together, learn together. that's what's happening now in my area
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:38:56 PM

If you think of it, these two is so hard to compare since they have the same work, to teach and give knowledge to people, they have their own places to teach and types of people to teach. I think the difference in the two is that Teachers usually teach their students so they can have their career successful while Gurus teach their student to discover themselves and open their mind into something spiritual.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:40:38 PM

The difference between teacher and a guru is how they share their knowledge and how they acquire those knowledge. Teacher share their knowledge in a more academic and formal manner. On the other hand, guru is more of teaching in an informal manner. As far as I know and observed, teacher provides us theoretical concepts and hypothetical illustrations of the lessons the educational institution wants us to know. Whereas, the guru gives more on that such as skills that may be use in a more practical manner. Guru is more focused on a specific area of knowledge rather than teaching many different lessons just like what teachers do. Anyway, whatever their differences are, what is more inportant is that how they become similar when it comes to their goal in providing their students yhe best teachings they could offer.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
HarvyDent

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:15:47 PM

If you check the Merriam-Webster dictionary, it says that a teacher is "one that teaches". A guru is "a teacher and especially intellectual guide in matters of fundamental concern" or "a person with knowledge or expertise". I suppose the difference is that anybody could be a teacher. A teacher doesn't actually have to be good at what he does. A guru, on the other hand, must be an expert in his field and he doesn't necessarily even need to teach. That just depends on the definition you subscribe to.
Diyannice

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:41:11 AM

Guru is more into increase someone's  spiritual side but a teacher is to educate general stuff for students   
RubikoniGadalaxulia

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:03:40 AM

I think Guru is like your friends, teacher, some kind of "god"
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:32:32 PM

To me, a teacher is someone who teaches the material.  You are not required to understand the material to teach it to others.  Many of these are, "do as I say, not what I do" types of people.  Anyone can read from a book and teach people what the book says.

I see a guru as someone who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk - they say and do the same things.  A guru should never ask of you what he would not do himself.  A guru has already walked the path he is asking you to follow.  A guru understands what he is teaching through the wisdom of personal experience.

If a student fails with a teacher, it is the fault of the book.

If a student fails with a guru, it is the fault of the guru.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: