Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:07:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cg miner assistance please for a nooobie  (Read 424 times)
sossages (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:10:32 AM

Hello all sorry to trouble you but i was wondering if anyone can help me and explain exactly how how to open up a command prompt to run cgminer -n , im having a slight problem getting my 2 5850's to run at more than 240khs but ive been a bit confused about the instructions i was given on another board

"Start -> run. "CMD" with out the quotes. CD To.you.miner.directory. cgminer -n. Copy, paste."

i like to think im not a total moron but this has thrown me, there is obviously a syntax protocol im not aware of and hence cant get it to work , any ideas would be terribly appreciated.   and if you could go throught it step by step as if you were spoon feeding a baby i would be grateful thanks in advance. btw my cgminer directory does reside in a folder on the desktop

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:34:17 AM

Hello all sorry to trouble you but i was wondering if anyone can help me and explain exactly how how to open up a command prompt to run cgminer -n , im having a slight problem getting my 2 5850's to run at more than 240khs but ive been a bit confused about the instructions i was given on another board

"Start -> run. "CMD" with out the quotes. CD To.you.miner.directory. cgminer -n. Copy, paste."

i like to think im not a total moron but this has thrown me, there is obviously a syntax protocol im not aware of and hence cant get it to work , any ideas would be terribly appreciated.   and if you could go throught it step by step as if you were spoon feeding a baby i would be grateful thanks in advance. btw my cgminer directory does reside in a folder on the desktop

Windows Start Button and enter CMD in the search programs and files box, press return or click on the CMD program icon after the search is complete. You will get a CMD box with a black background  and in white a C:\Users\your-user-name> prompt.

Open Windows Explorer and file the folder with the cgminer program in it so that you can see the program in the right hand side. Click the white space to the right of the folder name in the folder address box right at the top of Windows Explorer, the name of the folder will have changed slightly and will being with a C:\. Copy the whole of the string using cut and paste commands into the CMD box by copying the string from Windows Explorer by selecting it to turn it blue and then right clicking the selected string and left clicking copy in the drop down menu. Type the letters CD followed by space into the CMD box and then right click the CMD box background and left click paste in the drop down box. It should look like this before you press the next return key but with your username instead of mine

Left click inside the CMD box and press the return key, then you should get a new prompt that will be similar to C:\Users\ian\Desktop\cgminer> in white. Then enter cgminer -n and press the return key

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: