Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:56:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The tale of the long lost one year stuck Bitcoin  (Read 812 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:02:23 PM

*sigh*

Where does one begin to tell the tale?

I talked to the Armory representative that works on the forums here, they suggested I download this other version of Armory. What was my issue? Synchronizing was stuck at 94% and would not move past that point. Oh well, so it worked for some time. Until four months later, when the price of Bitcoin exploded. Excited, I wanted to get my Bitcoins out, but now, Armory won't even start! That's right, nothing happens when I click it!

Should I restart my computer and try it? After reinstalling, it's never been the same.

Right now, I desperately want to get my Bitcoins out of Armory and back to the normal Bitcoin client. I wanted security, but what's security without liberty to withdraw at will?

Help would be appreciated.

Tl;dr

I need to transfer Bitcoins from Armory, but Armory won't start.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:16:35 PM

It's been unusable for me since the latest version, too, though my issues are different. Had to import most valuable keys into QT. Sad

I don't think it's possible to access the keys without Armory running. You should probably try deleting Armory (make sure you have wallet backups), then installing an older version.

Worst case scenario, I can keep Armory open long enough to extract privkeys. I could give amount in wallet to escrow, then you could send me the .wallet file, I'll send you the privkeys, and you'd release escrowed money back to me (ideally, with a tip Grin).
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:22:57 PM

It's been unusable for me since the latest version, too, though my issues are different. Had to import most valuable keys into QT. Sad

I don't think it's possible to access the keys without Armory running. You should probably try deleting Armory (make sure you have wallet backups), then installing an older version.

Worst case scenario, I can keep Armory open long enough to extract privkeys. I could give amount in wallet to escrow, then you could send me the .wallet file, I'll send you the privkeys, and you'd release escrowed money back to me (ideally, with a tip Grin).

Didn't get it Sad

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:06:16 PM

Current status:

Restarted computer, Armory finally starts up again. Synchronizing, 95%. 6-7 hours remaining apparently. Will update.

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:25:12 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 12:42:49 AM by goatpig

*sigh*

Where does one begin to tell the tale?

I talked to the Armory representative that works on the forums here, they suggested I download this other version of Armory. What was my issue? Synchronizing was stuck at 94% and would not move past that point. Oh well, so it worked for some time. Until four months later, when the price of Bitcoin exploded. Excited, I wanted to get my Bitcoins out, but now, Armory won't even start! That's right, nothing happens when I click it!

Should I restart my computer and try it? After reinstalling, it's never been the same.

Right now, I desperately want to get my Bitcoins out of Armory and back to the normal Bitcoin client. I wanted security, but what's security without liberty to withdraw at will?

Help would be appreciated.

Tl;dr

I need to transfer Bitcoins from Armory, but Armory won't start.

You can simply start Armory in Offline mode and extract the private keys. If you have start up issues, delete the databases folder in Armory's datadir. If your scanning gets stuck, you most likely have malformed blocks in your local copy of the blockchain. We're working to fix that, however redownloading the blockchain fixes that usually.

This information is available in the Troubleshooting and FAQ sections of our website.

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:30:08 PM

Day 2

Still stuck at 97%

Will try deleting databases and retry from 0%

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:24:27 PM

Yes! Finally have access to my precious Bitcoins again!! Cheesy:D

Thanks goatpig for your help!

e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:29:38 AM

Delete the datadir/blockchain is the "turn it off, and then on again" of the bitcoin world!

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: