Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:21:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do altcoins follow bitcoin?  (Read 1241 times)
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:44:42 AM

Why is it that the moment BTC starts to sway, the other coins follow suit. It would be hard for everyone to sell that much at the same time. It seems beyond just panic selling. They seemed to be directly linked. Inf-fact, BTC going down should increase and encourage altoins as they raise in value compared to BTC as it falls so why this uniform sell off? Something seems weird about that to me. Any real theories, or explanations?
Well bitcoin is the first crypto was made and the value of it is no ordinary currency. Bitcoin is the sole reason why so many altcoins was created it was inspired by it so all altcoi takes after bitcoin. Sometimes it does not affect the altcoins but sometimes it does there many reasons why but i can't afford to judge it all since I'm no pro at trading.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:13:35 AM

Just like any other businesses, bitcoin is the pioneer when it comes to cryptocurrency. It has been in the market for almost decade now and with it's current position in the market, many are sure to imitate the market strategy  of bitcoin. As they see, despite of the decreasing value of bitcoin, it remains to be number one and nothing can ever beat it.

Missterio

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:29:46 AM

So the market was formed. it's like a dollar, everyone else is trading to the dollar and the euro. There is also a crypto currency in the market.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:40:24 AM

all altcoins price  are valued in bitcoin so these coins should go with the following of the price of bitcoin as long as bitcoin price increases this price also increase

altcoins price are also based in usd and on etherium , so i guess they are not totally conected to bitcoin. i will somehow agree when we say that altcoins price do follow etheriums price but i dont agree when they say altcoins do follow bitcoin. same as when they say that regular fiats follow the price of usd. every coin or currency has their specific value and all of their price will still depend on the demand, if a coin has a high demand , then it can increase its price but not the others .
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:32:57 AM

Why is it that the moment BTC starts to sway, the other coins follow suit. It would be hard for everyone to sell that much at the same time. It seems beyond just panic selling. They seemed to be directly linked. Inf-fact, BTC going down should increase and encourage altoins as they raise in value compared to BTC as it falls so why this uniform sell off? Something seems weird about that to me. Any real theories, or explanations?
The simplest explanation is that bitcoin is a coin that affects other Coins. with excellent capability it makes the bitcoin price very easy to influence altcoin price movements. bitcoin can be regarded as a superior thing, it is because bitcoin has a huge market share in the world of crypto. look at when there is a change in bitcoin prices then all altcoin will change, bitcoin like USD dollar and all affected by how everyone treats bitcoin in crypto world.
jerick06

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:19:31 AM

It simply because some of altcoins base in bitcoin, as you can see when bitcoin change its value then some of altcoins dumped. So to give conclusion with it, the majority of coins in market are based in bitcoin.

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
sheryl26

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:20:07 PM

I can compare that i to why people follow some other people or to be exact to follow their idol of course there are something that bitcoins have that the altcoins wants and in order to achieve that of course they needed to follow the bitcoins in everyways. And there are also another thing maybe the bitcoins influence them on joining in this thing. They created their own altcoin because the bitcoins inspires them too be a part of the cryptocurrency and they wanted also to serve people and to enhance the capabilities of the bitcoins
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:58:32 PM

I also notice it by seeing the charts. When bitcoin is in a big crash alternative coins are also follow to go down. I imagine sometime maybe it's because bitcoin is the first crypto coin so that the alternative are fallowing what bitcoin did. And also I imagine maybe the holders are using their stock right now so that it is going down like an special occasions.
francis95

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:21:52 PM

Because bitcoin is the top coin being traded for alts in market cap, the most popular coins.
btcblockchain

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:37:44 PM

bitcoin is the first coin in blockchain from bitcoin other coins came so all altcoins are following the decimal system from bitcoin in small units and paired up for trading if bitcoin falls all altcoins will follow eventually it is inter dependent 
totholio

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:22:45 PM

It will take a lot of time until alts(atleast some of them) won't follow it, it would simply require their own ecosystem(utility tokens), a lot of them will never break from BTC
Zianingbu

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:36:52 PM

All the altcoins on the stock exchange are equated to Bitcoin, that's why the conclusion is that the price is tied to Bikoin and otherwise will not work.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:16:27 PM

Bitcoin is the base price of all altcoins so it make sense when the Bitcoin price go up and down following coins are affected too. Same as the traditional market using USD. But I am impressed with some altcoins nowadays, some of them are independent and can resist BTC's price action well I guess it depends on the community holding those coins.

Bitcoin could also crash down most of the altcoins price, due to exchange sites was having direct trades with bitcoin and crypto. All of the prices in market is dependent on how btc's economy moves, and any changes of fluctuations always synchronizes with the current value same as other crypto coins volatile price trends.
phucngungoc

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:29:27 PM

You can see that the market is constantly fluctuating, only a small adjustment of bitcoin prices can cause the price of altcoin to fall sharply, so when trading altcoin you always have to observe bitcoin prices. Bitcoin is in a bearish long-term cycle so the current price increase of bitcoin is just in the short term, you should be careful when dealing with altcoin.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:32:44 AM

When btc goes up, all coins follow him, when he goes down, all do the same, so it is a king, a real value that has shown impressive resilience to FUD in the past.
I think Bitcoin has a great share in the market like a monopoly in the traditional market and any rise or fall in the prices of Bitcoin can affect or influence the remaining crypto in the market.

But what a trader quest for is the profit maximization and nothing else because irrespective of the fluctuation of prices and the influence of Bitcoin over other currencies, profit can be gained by following some good strategies and plans.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:20:12 PM

Is true money moves and it seems no new entry of money on any particular coin so i think maybe if to say new investor decide to embrace say ethereum at the time while bitcoin seem stagnant where it is then it means market capitalizations moves and it may even cause a change in power in position if its strong enough..Good point I think the whole thing is about market capitalizations

Almost all the money come from the bitcoin market, so obviously when people move their funds from bitcoin to altcoins, bitcoin prices are affected and vice versa. That's why we always say that altcoins follows bitcoin. However, there are rare causes then both of the markets really shown good gains, just like we witnessed last year.

And I rarely see new investors going into altcoins in the beginning of their investment. Almost everyone loves to enter thru bitcoin market and once they gain confidence on how investments and trader operates, we will see some funds moving out of the bitcoin market and flowing into alts. So there's strong correlation between the two and that it how the market works.
It is true that indirectly bitcoin is connected to the altcoins, as price of bitcoin rises so altcoins rises itself but when bitcoin fell down it is only because bitcoin is the first digital currency and it was the first digital invention which I really appreciate to be invented, bitcoin made everything so high for us, now is easy to earn money only because bitcoin has given us a chance to become rich and become a successful investor.
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:42:41 PM

bitcoin is the first coin in blockchain from bitcoin other coins came so all altcoins are following the decimal system from bitcoin in small units and paired up for trading if bitcoin falls all altcoins will follow eventually it is inter dependent 
All altcoin in this market are priced with Bitcoin so when the BTC changes, most other altcoin also change their value. Since the market is small and the altcoin does not have a large enough community to be influenced by the BTC, I hope that when the market grows stronger, it will not.

phucngungoc

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:32:10 PM

You can see that the bitcoin price is affecting both the crypto market and of course it will greatly affect altcoin. Therefore, when trading or trading altcoin you must always observe and monitor the price of bitcoin to be able to handle each case can occur and reduce the risk. The market is volatile and difficult to predict so you need to have a specific trading plan.
pamelah17

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:42:44 AM

Alt coins follow bitcoin because bitcoin is the main leader of cryptocurrencies. The influence of bitcoin has a big impact on alt coins.
tuan16x3abkdn

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:49:11 AM

The amounts of money involved were different though.. its harder to convince people to sell Ripple at fractions of a penny compared to 2.00... I do think it is slightly more position trade heavy in today's market simply because more people are gullible and whales are loading up the position trade manipulation because of the bear market to accumulate since thats the best you can really do now til we get out of this bearish trend. 

I do think trading charts are an example of human sentiment than they are of specific coins or news.. Certain percentages of people will react in grouped ways to certain types of stimulus.. There are people who will dump along with whales at the top, a certain percentage that will be opportunistic and get out early, a certain amount of avg traders with a stop loss, noob traders into capitulation, etc.  The avg trader since the December runup I think is much easier to get to extreme bag hold and sell in capitulation over follow more sound strategies, so its easier for position traders and whales to get what they want since larger percentages of people give them the result they desire.
 Undecided Undecided Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: