Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:19:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this normal : current problem ?  (Read 520 times)
heretolearn (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:06:20 PM

Hi,
One of my cards sometimes fluctuates the current level shown in GPU-z

The normal current lievel VDDC Current is 93-94 A (Amps).

However the card sometimes falls to 76-77 A for a few seconds and comes back to the level earlier.

Is this normal ? Or it something wrong perhaps with my PSU ?

PS: I recently had one of my burnt cards replaced so don't want the same situation again.
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:35:11 PM

Hi,
One of my cards sometimes fluctuates the current level shown in GPU-z

The normal current lievel VDDC Current is 93-94 A (Amps).

However the card sometimes falls to 76-77 A for a few seconds and comes back to the level earlier.

Is this normal ? Or it something wrong perhaps with my PSU ?

PS: I recently had one of my burnt cards replaced so don't want the same situation again.

Which PSU are you using and how many cards?
baka

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:42:59 PM

Vcore being a fix value, when the load from the gpu goes down the only thing that can be reduced is amperage. check if gpu load is also lower when the amps go lower.

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sc8XY5PmHK1NJ2DNvJhS82AQVFwMGimX8w
heretolearn (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:10:21 PM

Which PSU are you using and how many cards?

PSU : Silverstone 1200 W
Cards : 3
heretolearn (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:15:11 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 03:55:53 PM by heretolearn

Vcore being a fix value, when the load from the gpu goes down the only thing that can be reduced is amperage. check if gpu load is also lower when the amps go lower.

Will do and update.

UPDATE : GPU load remains stable at 99%. What else could be causing the fluctuation in current ?  Huh
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:26:28 PM

Will do and update.

UPDATE : GPU load remains stable at 99%. What else could be causing the fluctuation in current ?  Huh

Try switching the PCI power connectors of the card and see if the same card that keeps getting his current drop.
heretolearn (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:30:37 PM

Try switching the PCI power connectors of the card and see if the same card that keeps getting his current drop.

Hmm nice suggestion ... will do it the next time I power my rig downn in the morning and update.

Meanwhile still looking for any other ideas/suggestion as to why this might be happening.
heretolearn (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:47:48 PM

Ok now the VDDC voltage seems to be fluctuating !! Is it the power supply ? Should I continue mining ?
heretolearn (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:50:47 PM

Will do and update.

Hey the above update is not correct. The GPU load is fluctuating after kept it running for a day. Someone please help. I don't want to burn/damage my cards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: