Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:49:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! I may have lost some bitcoin!  (Read 506 times)
mhulbig (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:37:20 PM

I have The Schildbach wallet on my Android that contained .1 btc.  I downloaded the blockchain wallet because I'm fairly new at this so I wanted to just compare the two wallets.  I wanted to send .05 btc from my first wallet to the blockchain wallet.  First on the blockchain wallet I went to request bitcoins then hit "generate shared address," then I copy and pasted the address into my other wallet and sent the btc.  Then, for no other reason except that I'm a noob, I hit the "generate shared address" button again.  This appears to generate a completely new address for my wallet and I did this before the transaction was complete.  So the Btc. never got to my blockchain wallet.  Is there any way I can get the btc. back if not what happens to that btc?
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:54:21 PM

I have The Schildbach wallet on my Android that contained .1 btc.  I downloaded the blockchain wallet because I'm fairly new at this so I wanted to just compare the two wallets.  I wanted to send .05 btc from my first wallet to the blockchain wallet.  First on the blockchain wallet I went to request bitcoins then hit "generate shared address," then I copy and pasted the address into my other wallet and sent the btc.  Then, for no other reason except that I'm a noob, I hit the "generate shared address" button again.  This appears to generate a completely new address for my wallet and I did this before the transaction was complete.  So the Btc. never got to my blockchain wallet.  Is there any way I can get the btc. back if not what happens to that btc?

Have you tried contacting blockchain.info?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: