Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:56:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for the DFINITY airdrop  (Read 1531 times)
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 12:33:40 PM

Comrades, I need your opinion. I signed up for an airdrop from the DFINITY project, which promises to send coins for an amount equivalent to 100 CHF. At the same time, they ask to participants to pay $ 9 for the passage of KYC. It seems to me that this is a fraud, but what do you think?
Can the project require money for the passage of KYC and should I do it?
It was obvious mate it was a fraud, as you said it was an airdrop but why do you need to pay $9 to pass in their KYC? that was ridiculous you should avoid participating in that fake airdrop your data are more precious compare to that few coins/tokens. the legit platform doesn't require any fees to pass the KYC. you only need to submit the required documents to pass nothing more nothing less. 
as far as I know, KYC will not need a fee in its registration. it will be very bad when we become stupid about being fooled like that. especially for something free we still have to pay, it would be very silly.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 01:40:23 PM

I think that with a probability of 99.9 percent this airdrop is a scam. For a long time no one has made such stupid mistakes. This is the same as agreeing to spam offers in a telegram that you should send to some person 0.1 bitcoin and he will send you back 1 bitcoin  Grin

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 01:48:24 PM

An airdrop asking for $9 to deposit for KYC? I didn't get you may be but if the above statement is correct, I think the project is a scam one. Why they ask for $9 for KYC while they can simply ask people to complete the KYC? You should certainly avoid this.
restuibu

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 02:01:37 PM

That is clearly a scam, airdrop is a free token and there is no need to make a payment of fees or KYC. Stay away from those who ask for something like this

Kryptokunkku89

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 06:25:41 AM

An airdrop asking for $9 to deposit for KYC? I didn't get you may be but if the above statement is correct, I think the project is a scam one. Why they ask for $9 for KYC while they can simply ask people to complete the KYC? You should certainly avoid this.

KYC was via Coinlist, it is not a free of charge. Dfinity is obv not a scam, lol. Huge VC firms are backing it, Polychain capital, az16 etc.. Tungsten will be now released and airdrop is coming later this year. GL
BigBos

Activity: 1918
Merit: 448

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 06:38:36 AM

I also think that it's too cheap for a KYC. but believe, that there will be very many people who will give the KYC they have to get the airdrop. I have seen this often in social media groups. quite a lot of people sell their identity at low prices.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 06:41:14 AM

I can only give up my I.D to claim Airdrop tokens if the price is over 40$ or so, for just 9$? Not for me and honestly I don't see reason to go through KYC if the Airdrop is a new project it's most likely a scam, I sti join Airdrops to this day but only well known projects

Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 06:44:37 AM

Comrades, I need your opinion. I signed up for an airdrop from the DFINITY project, which promises to send coins for an amount equivalent to 100 CHF. At the same time, they ask to participants to pay $ 9 for the passage of KYC. It seems to me that this is a fraud, but what do you think?
For 9$? No I will pass by and why wasn't it stated in the first place that KYC will be required? Why after? It's not worth sending out your details for few tokens, it's likely to be a scam project, do your research, even if the project is not a scam, KYC for 9$ sounds unworthy
Leo

Activity: 620
Merit: 10

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 06:58:34 AM

We need to be more careful about selling our private information just for a token, lots of scam airdrop out there, they sell your information to third parties, thereby exposing you to lots of harm, trading $9 for your personal information is absolutely ridiculous, and there would have been lot of people who fell for this

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 06:59:10 AM

if you are willing to exchange IDs with some money then do it but don't regret if in the future your ID is used for a crime with them, love and protect your ID properly and don't do anything stupid

Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 07:15:35 AM

If you think 9$ is enough for you to drop your I.D and documents then proceed, just know that not all projects keeps users KYC safe, some even go ahead and sell them off to those who need them

DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 07:19:21 AM

Some people are ready to do anything to make pennies that's why bounty hunters are been treated like they have no value, while you turn away from a particular project for paying too low reward you will be amazed by many people who would rush to join the project even if all they will pay is 1000$ worth of tokens, I'm not surprised because I've seen people claimed tokens that worth 3$ with KYC
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 07:28:12 AM

Is that really call an airdrop when your going to pay for coins ? That's already trading or investing but if you can pay for that , why not pay for the coins that are more better than chf . They ask for  9 usd to process your kyc , what the heck was that . Is that some kind of kickback for your entry to get priorize lol , and in return youl get coins that have unsure future  .   Asking kyc is already too much but asking kyc plus paying is more funny . For God sake your the ones that must get paid because you give your kyc .
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 07:35:53 AM

The choice is yours to make, are you satisfied with giving out your KYC details for 9$ worth of tokens? If it's ok by you then just do it, you don't need to ask why, some even give up their I.D for lesser value worth of tokens
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 07:43:52 AM

Damn! these scammers getting crafty each passing day. I knew they used to ask for ETH which they will return x3-4 but now asking 9 bucks for completing KYC is a new type of scam lol not only they will steal the 9 bucks but also your KYC data.

BINTEX