Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:37:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum, Ripple and Their Regulatory Capture Advantage Over the Competition  (Read 76 times)
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:01:08 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2020, 03:44:18 PM by tokeweed

I tried to talk about this in the FJ Discord but there was a lack of responses.  I might as well bring it here and see what you guys think and gather opinions.

I know the research is lacking but I'll update the thread as soon as I get all the facts straight, like 'who exactly went to the SEC and represented Ethereum and Ripple'.  I heard Andersen Horowitz was there (that true?).  If he was, then more questions...  Which crypto (let's call both crypto for simplicity's sake, I know the issue about XRP) was he representing?  ETH or XRP?

Anyway read below.  What do you guys think?

So the SEC just hired another advisor for crypto...  And Ripple hired a former SEC director to make a case that XRP isn't a security.  I think something's up.  This could be regulatory capture at its best with those people (maybe) talking behind the scenes.

I think Ethereum could be part of it too.  Remember the news about a closed door SEC hearing on Ethereum and Ripple last month?  ETH and Ripple reps could be shilling their warez to the regulators...  Again regulatory capture if the SEC starts favoring some ICO's (and other privately funded projects) over the rest.  That means bad news for ADA, EOS, etc...

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:46:04 PM

I tried to talk about this in the FJ Discord but there was a lack of responses.  I might as well bring it here and see what you guys think and gather opinions.

I know the research is lacking but I'll update the thread as soon as I get all the facts straight, like 'who exactly went to the SEC and represented Ethereum and Ripple'.  I heard Andersen Horowitz was there (that true?).  If he was, then more questions...  Which crypto (let's call both crypto for simplicity's sake, I know the issue about XRP) was he representing?  ETH or XRP?

Anyway read below.  What do you guys think?

So the SEC just hired another advisor for crypto...  And Ripple hired a former SEC director to make a case that XRP isn't a security.  I think something's up.  This could be regulatory capture at its best with those people (maybe) talking behind the scenes.

I think Ethereum could be part of it too.  Remember the news about a closed door SEC hearing on Ethereum and Ripple last month?  ETH and Ripple reps could be shilling their warez to the regulators...  Again regulatory capture if the SEC starts favoring some ICO's (and other privately funded projects) over the rest.  That means bad news for ADA, EOS, etc...

I just think it will be hard for the SEC to classify any of the tokens that have already ICO'd as a security, they are more likely to say "well, at one time it was a security, but now it isn't" because of this argument that the coins are now "decentralized". If ETH and XRP can win that argument than any token/project could probably follow suit.

Now as far as other tokens that claim to pay dividends like TENX, that may be a different story.
jack.anroid

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:15:10 PM

Ethereum Ripple these coins have done tremendous improvement and they are facing great competitions to each other and because of this people are choosing them rather choosing other coins. Even if any regulations approved to these, they may get the legality stamp and people would be more inspired to get into these coins.
collins_89

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 08:27:26 PM

If rules and regulations impose in thse coin then people will invest in these more because it'll be legal anyway. Besides, they have a great competitions in themselves. Let's see who wins.
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 08:35:23 PM

For what it's worth, I still think ETH is still way better than Ripple and even has more potential. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top, but so far, I'm rooting for ETH Grin
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:40:17 PM

I was readimg an article yesterday that claimed that the head of the SEC personally thinks that all coins and icos are securities, if this is true we might see more regulations or maybe we can hope a more crypto oriented SEC head comes and eases the regulations on atleast the quality crypto projects.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
alinalovedoogie

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:19:31 PM

after inventing btc in market there are lots of coins and this coins have good future value based on this Altcoins like eth, ripple is really doing well and this coins are offering good facilities and information and also technology so people are attract on it if its available in everywhere then it will be more helpful for people.
Dr.2x

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:05:24 PM

Ethereum and ripple doing well in recent times. They maintain their performance from the beginning. For this reasons peoples are connecting with these coins. In recent times they wants to develop decentralize system.
Md.salauddin

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:16:26 PM

Well, Ethereum and Ripple is just doing fantastic nowadays. Moreover they are having a big competition between them and they are working to attract more customers towards them. I hope they can now handle any kind of situation and they will surely progress in the future.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:28:52 PM

I tried to talk about this in the FJ Discord but there was a lack of responses.  I might as well bring it here and see what you guys think and gather opinions.

I know the research is lacking but I'll update the thread as soon as I get all the facts straight, like 'who exactly went to the SEC and represented Ethereum and Ripple'.  I heard Andersen Horowitz was there (that true?).  If he was, then more questions...  Which crypto (let's call both crypto for simplicity's sake, I know the issue about XRP) was he representing?  ETH or XRP?

Anyway read below.  What do you guys think?

So the SEC just hired another advisor for crypto...  And Ripple hired a former SEC director to make a case that XRP isn't a security.  I think something's up.  This could be regulatory capture at its best with those people (maybe) talking behind the scenes.

I think Ethereum could be part of it too.  Remember the news about a closed door SEC hearing on Ethereum and Ripple last month?  ETH and Ripple reps could be shilling their warez to the regulators...  Again regulatory capture if the SEC starts favoring some ICO's (and other privately funded projects) over the rest.  That means bad news for ADA, EOS, etc...

I just think it will be hard for the SEC to classify any of the tokens that have already ICO'd as a security, they are more likely to say "well, at one time it was a security, but now it isn't" because of this argument that the coins are now "decentralized". If ETH and XRP can win that argument than any token/project could probably follow suit.

Now as far as other tokens that claim to pay dividends like TENX, that may be a different story.

Hah!  And that's what exactly happened...  For Ethereum at least.  I don't think the same could be said of Ripple since it's centralized.  But that's the point of this thread, Regulatory Capture.  So what could happen is they give Ripple some slack and let it continue to operate, but its competitors (and prolly Ethereum's too) will have a much harder time getting the same lax treatment, thereby killing them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████