Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:59:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All in one crypto digital wallet!  (Read 1444 times)
jademacoy (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:51:50 PM

If i will be given a chance to do a project with cryptocurrency then i will be making an all in one digital wallet for all crypto that includes bitcoin and all altcoins using same wallet address. I have seen too many digital wallet from known digital wallet for ERC20 tokens and for bitcoin digital wallet but i never saw a digital wallet that will cater all the digital currency either bitcoin or altcoins. If i have only the capacity to do it like having a good team developer and a financer then i guess i could make a revolutionary digital wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 04:12:55 PM

If i will be given a chance to do a project with cryptocurrency then i will be making an all in one digital wallet for all crypto that includes bitcoin and all altcoins using same wallet address...

A wallet which does create the same address for each crypto currency is not possible.
(Almost) each cryptocurrency does have its own address format.

What you might be refering to is a wallet which holds private keys for multiple cryptos derived from one seed. This is possible. And it does exist. Exodus is such a wallet.
But note that quite a few people have connection issues when using exodus. It also just had a vulnerability discovered which allowed an attacker to dump the private keys out of the RAM once the wallet was opened. I am not sure about which versions are affected.

The ledger nano s does also support multiple cryptocurrencies. And in addition to that the private keys (and the seed generation) are secured by a secure element and a 2-FA through the buttons/screen.
Once they release their native application, you will be able to monitor all your holdings in a dashboard.

vickybitcoin

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:17:28 PM

If i will be given a chance to do a project with cryptocurrency then i will be making an all in one digital wallet for all crypto that includes bitcoin and all altcoins using same wallet address. I have seen too many digital wallet from known digital wallet for ERC20 tokens and for bitcoin digital wallet but i never saw a digital wallet that will cater all the digital currency either bitcoin or altcoins. If i have only the capacity to do it like having a good team developer and a financer then i guess i could make a revolutionary digital wallet.
I think this is not possible one for safety reason because personally i always has to create different wallet for each transactions also with every other altcoin that I join into. I do this to avoid hacking or getting scammed.
ejswift

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:22:40 PM

mayve in the future someone will creat that ultimate all in one wallet that you can store all of your tokens and that woyld be awedome for us investors

Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:25:10 PM

What you might be refering to is a wallet which holds private keys for multiple cryptos derived from one seed. This is possible. And it does exist. Exodus (https://www.exodus.io/) is such a wallet.
But note that quite a few people have connection issues when using exodus. It also just had a vulnerability discovered which allowed an attacker to dump the private keys out of the RAM once the wallet was opened. I am not sure about which versions are affected.
im pretty sure it could be either spectre or meltdown i forgot which is it, both of them are really dangerous antivirus wont be able to find them you wouldn't even know that you got attacked if you do get attack once you check your bank account its already empty. its not the version its the cpu not all cpu's are affected by this even on phones this threat exist.
Sihab76

Activity: 1302
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:27:14 PM

Crypto wallet specially altcoins wallet ERC20 wallet is specially all cryptocurrency wallet. Bitcoin wallet is coinbase platform and all crypto wallet ERC20 platform.
jademacoy (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:31:05 PM

If i will be given a chance to do a project with cryptocurrency then i will be making an all in one digital wallet for all crypto that includes bitcoin and all altcoins using same wallet address...

A wallet which does create the same address for each crypto currency is not possible.

What you might be refering to is a wallet which holds private keys for multiple cryptos derived from one seed. This is possible. And it does exist. Exodus is such a wallet.

The ledger nano s does also support multiple cryptocurrencies. And in addition to that the private keys (and the seed generation) are secured by a secure element and a 2-FA through the buttons/screen.
Once they release their native application, you will be able to monitor all your holdings in a dashboard.
It is only a good concept if possible to make a project like this because if this will be possible then it would be a revolutionary digital wallet for all cryptocurrency. As we all know that technology nowadays are really good and sometimes we could not go deeper on it and the only expert can tell us if this is possible. We are digital nowadays so there could be an application and i was thinking also of a conversion to all digital wallet who had been created will be connected and link together for a unified digital wallet. This will be awesome for sure.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 04:33:21 PM

What you might be refering to is a wallet which holds private keys for multiple cryptos derived from one seed. This is possible. And it does exist. Exodus (https://www.exodus.io/) is such a wallet.
im pretty sure it could be either spectre or meltdown i forgot which is it, both of them are really dangerous antivirus wont be able to find them you wouldn't even know that you got attacked if you do get attack once you check your bank account its already empty. its not the version its the cpu not all cpu's are affected by this.

Meltdown and spectre is no malware. Those are vulnerabilities which allow to exploit the modern CPU architecture.
This is not related to the exodus vulnerability.

The vulnerability from exodus was caused by a vulnerability in the Electron protocol handler. This vulnerability (CVE-2018-1000006) in the ElectronJS Framework could have been exploited to achieve a remote code execution.
This allowed an attacker to dump the private keys once exodus was opened.

BigChainSolutions

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:39:13 PM

I am working on a hardware wallet, we are testing it on the raspberry pi, and we are making the software to, with nice UI/UX and multiple accounts, for personal/group/business use. And with more features that we will support but it is only 2 of us right now working on that, with 0 capital. Finding capital after the wallet is finished will be not that hard Smiley
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:41:05 PM

It is only a good concept if possible to make a project like this because if this will be possible then it would be a revolutionary digital wallet for all cryptocurrency. As we all know that technology nowadays are really good and sometimes we could not go deeper on it and the only expert can tell us if this is possible. We are digital nowadays so there could be an application and i was thinking also of a conversion to all digital wallet who had been created will be connected and link together for a unified digital wallet. This will be awesome for sure.

I'm going to say it again for bob123. Thought it's a good concept, it simply is not possible. You can have only one address for all ERC20 tokens, but nothing else. Most coins differ in architecture. It doesn't take an expert to know that this isn't possible. The best we could have is a wallet like exodus like bob123 said, whereas you use one recovery seed for all coins/tokens; which is good enough in my opinion. Why would you want one address for every single coin/token anyway? Though it may be more convenient, it's a huge privacy headache.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:41:29 PM

im pretty sure it could be either spectre or meltdown i forgot which is it, both of them are really dangerous antivirus wont be able to find them you wouldn't even know that you got attacked if you do get attack once you check your bank account its already empty. its not the version its the cpu not all cpu's are affected by this.

Meltdown and spectre is no malware. Those are vulnerabilities which allow to exploit the modern CPU architecture.
This is not related to the exodus vulnerability.

The vulnerability from exodus was caused by a vulnerability in the Electron protocol handler. This vulnerability (CVE-2018-1000006) in the ElectronJS Framework could have been exploited to achieve a remote code execution.
This allowed an attacker to dump the private keys once exodus was opened.
my bad it just really sound it could be either of them they have some similarities anyways those vulnerabilities are very scary.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:48:31 PM

Well it's sure convenient to just using one address to contain all crypto,we don't have to create a separate wallet for each of them.But,in my opinion,like the term in trading,don't put all your egg in one basket.If there's a problem with that wallet,you'll lose all your crypto in one go.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:51:59 PM

Well it's sure convenient to just using one address to contain all crypto,we don't have to create a separate wallet for each of them.But,in my opinion,like the term in trading,don't put all your egg in one basket.If there's a problem with that wallet,you'll lose all your crypto in one go.

"Putting all your eggs in one basket" fits more when talking about investing. But when talking about storing and securing your investments, "putting all your eggs in one basket" shouldn't be a problem. Even if your wallet gets some kind of problem, you're going to be fine as long as you've backed up your recovery seed; then you can access your funds through other wallet software.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
thereactor334

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:53:14 PM

Crypto wallet specially altcoins wallet ERC20 wallet is specially all cryptocurrency wallet. Bitcoin wallet is coinbase platform and all crypto wallet ERC20 platform.
The Education Token or LEDU is  an ERC20 token that lives in the ethereum just like any other cryptocurrency which can be  bought  sold or trade outside ecosystem. Checkout their platform for more expalnation.
https://education-ecosystem.com/
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:57:17 PM

suppose in future it is possible  to keep all the coins in one wallet even then I will suggest not to keep in one.  Different wallets should be used for different currency.
ERC 20 currencies can be stored in one such wallet but for others ; different wallets are required.
imyashir
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:22:01 PM

The MetaMorph Team plan to launch METM coin as part of this token sale along with an easy-to-use and very unique coin exchange platform to give the user a all-in-one wallet with the option to withdraw and deposit fiat whilst getting the best cryptocurrency exchange rates with low spreads, the ability to secure and backup their coin and the ability to quickly and easily move cryptocurrency around without the hassle of traditional exchanges that are over complicated and extremely difficult to manage in todays market.

https://metamorph.pro
upekhaanthony

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:39:05 PM

It is not an easy task develop one wallet for all cryptocurrency and tokens. Because different coins mean different blockchains. This blockchain uses different encryption mechanism and storing mechanisms. It is very difficult to build one global mechanism for all coins because of this reason. But we can build one wallet that has different sub wallet such as hardware wallet. Near future, that type of wallet will be famous than other wallets.

Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:33:40 PM

One way you could get around the fact that you can't have just one address for all crypto technically(as others have mentioned) is to just have an alias which contains all the addresses and have people on your network just send to each other by that alias.

That doesn't help for someone outside of your system wanting to send. But p2p within your network it could work I guess. Doesn't really solve much though.
jemine

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:40:42 PM

there is a wallet that already have all this features you just mentioned maybe you have seen or heard of it. its called coinomi its available of android and IOS, you can download it and see for your self.
eduvacation.net

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

Nice Trip With Us

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 07:19:27 PM

The great innovation and I support that innovation as long as the project you are developing will provide convenience and benefit to users of cryptocurrency. However, if the versatile wallet is launched, then the risk is very high so the security of the wallet is extra. Good luck  Wink

❍ Treon ❍
▐ Utilities payments made  simple ▌
███ Telecom, Electricity, Gas and Water  ████
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: