Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I would say in the shorterm...  (Read 3408 times)
Cosbycoin (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 01:19:00 AM

It stalling at $4.80 says it will go up for a bit at least to 5.50 to 5.75 before falling if indeed it is dstined  to fall further.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 01:34:36 AM

a stall means lower prices to me. it says i do not want to buy btc at less then 5 and more then likely even 4.50 is too expensive.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 01:47:15 AM

It could just as easily say that the part of the world with the next lot of available cash is sleeping atm Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Minsc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 01:59:25 AM

It's been stagnating for over a day.  This has always meant it will eventually crash.

Sometimes all the buywalls are done by one man and when he suddenly chooses to remove them, the price falls.  And I know when they're bid through and when not.  When they're all dropped at once manually, little gray lines appear and there's no activity for a whle.  When they're bid through for 40+ cents, MtGoxLive freezes and also MtGox freezes to ensure I can't cancel my buy orders.  A minute or two later they start working again   MtGoxLive uptime says, "30 hours".  30 hours ago was when someone sold 20,000 coins, hence the outage.

Probably Sunday morning will be a rally.  Typically this happens about 10 minutes before I get up in the morning, no matter when I get up in the morning.

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
turquoise9955

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:53:22 AM

a stall means lower prices to me. it says i do not want to buy btc at less then 5 and more then likely even 4.50 is too expensive.
usually tends to be the case
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 04:56:08 AM

Or their not sure sellers want to sell at such a low price too.

Your argument looks at only one side. Good job!
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 04:57:57 AM

I would agree with you if you said a stall after a rally would mean prices would go lower. This case we have gone from $12 to $4 and it is stalling...think there could be a $1 rebound to say $5.50?

I think it is in order.

Wait and see.
coined

Activity: 174

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:19:03 AM

I would agree with you if you said a stall after a rally would mean prices would go lower. This case we have gone from $12 to $4 and it is stalling...think there could be a $1 rebound to say $5.50?

I think it is in order.

Wait and see.

I think if it's going to go lower its going to happen right now it doesn't need to "bounce" up first, we have tested this range a few times and it keeps holding(for now), if we move up soon I think it could be a genuine trend change.
Minsc

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:23:08 AM

I think it is in order.

Wait and see.

I think if it's going to go lower its going to happen right now it doesn't need to "bounce" up first, we have tested this range a few times and it keeps holding(for now), if we move up soon I think it could be a genuine trend change.

It's waiting to lure me into buying back in.  The second I do, it will drop $1-2 permanently.

coined

Activity: 174

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:31:02 AM

I think it is in order.

Wait and see.

It's waiting to lure me into buying back in.  The second I do, it will drop $1-2 permanently.

you're not alone in that worry Grin that's why these stagnations happen, people just waiting to see what way it will go, remember the sellers are also worried about the same thing basically, if they sell off big then a speculator who thinks he see's the bottom comes in and buys up everything till 7-8 range and they have to buy back half the btc at double the $ value, everybody knows these larger than normal sell's and buy's for 20k+(or more) btc can come in at these testing times,

back to watching! Grin

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 04:20:03 PM

you're not alone in that worry Grin that's why these stagnations happen, people just waiting to see what way it will go, remember the sellers are also worried about the same thing basically, if they sell off big then a speculator who thinks he see's the bottom comes in and buys up everything till 7-8 range and they have to buy back half the btc at double the $ value, everybody knows these larger than normal sell's and buy's for 20k+(or more) btc can come in at these testing times,

back to watching! Grin

Don't go to sleep! Grin

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 04:34:16 PM

I think many are holding steady to see if the national chain restaurant thing is of any significance and whether the bit-pay POS system gains any traction.

You do not want to be left sitting there with cash waiting for a lower drop when Bitcoin starts getting accepted all over the place with POS merchants.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 05:08:24 PM

I won't be left to the side.  I'll build a long position through mining -- we're all in this for the long term, remember?  I don't HAVE to direct buy in higher, I don't have a short position to cover.

But yeah, we're seriously overdue for a bull trap.  I've now mined 2 more coins since having completely liquidated and would love to sell them higher than 4.50, same as all the other 12 terahash worth of mine-and-holders.  We got plenty of raging bulls (who seem to be out of money though), we're through the rough friday/saturday time of week. 

My selling opportunity is coming up, I just know it.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 06:22:09 PM

Look at the volume before and after the 4.18 low it went up to 72k that's the highest ever.
The volume at the rise afterwards was almost as high.

Yes there is a fractal pattern over the last month which might suggest another instance over the next 2 days. We probably aren't at a trend reversal yet but don't expect the long term trend to be broken either.
Minsc

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 06:57:58 PM

Finally fall already!  It's been stagnating for two days so it's going to do it.  But it takes forever!

grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:01:15 PM

Finally fall already!  It's been stagnating for two days so it's going to do it.  But it takes forever!

Not likely.  Two opportunities for weekly highs are sunday evening US time and tues/wed morning.  IMO we'll see $5 again before we see below $4.  You're gonna have to hang out till Thursday.

This has nothing to do with Dwolla and banks.  I'm not even sure ANY new money is being deposited any more.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:22:35 PM

I'm not even sure ANY new money is being deposited any more.

Nope! I'm pretty sure we are just trading the cash value right out of BTC, and right in to Gox' account!
So, the value will fall at the rate Gox can remove it from the market!

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:48:02 AM

Well this weekend has been boring.  Bitcoin's price has barely budged over the last 48 hours.  Need more hackers playing with other people's bitcoins to spice things up like last weekend  Wink
turquoise9955

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 11:04:46 AM

Well this weekend has been boring.  Bitcoin's price has barely budged over the last 48 hours.  Need more hackers playing with other people's bitcoins to spice things up like last weekend  Wink
Yup, wtb some action
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 11:19:00 AM

Don't worry it nearly has to move now since we are testing the long-term uptrend and the mid term downtrend at the same time.
The reason that nothing has happend is is everybody is waiting for someone else to move first.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: