Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:33:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: where to sell my btc fast & easy through paypal?  (Read 860 times)
YourMine.org (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:16:11 PM

Hi
 I have 2.btc i want to sell today, have looked at a lot of exchanges quite confusing, not all take PayPal, also long winded security, is there i site you recommend that gives a reasonable price, fast and easy to use?.
  Thanx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Proteus123

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:17:32 PM

Don't use paypal. It's easy to scam/be scammed. Most people don't take it.
YourMine.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:18:41 PM

how about moneybookers?
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:21:54 PM

Localbitcoins

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:17:55 PM

Hi
 I have 2.btc i want to sell today, have looked at a lot of exchanges quite confusing, not all take PayPal, also long winded security, is there i site you recommend that gives a reasonable price, fast and easy to use?.
  Thanx

Don't sell your Bitcoins on LocalBitcoins through Paypal!

So many reports of people getting scammed via Paypal trades on that site.

50/50 chance that you get your Bitcoins taken from you and a charge-back on Paypal.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
YourMine.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 06:20:38 PM

Hi
  Thanx

50/50 chance that you get your Bitcoins taken from you and a charge-back on Paypal.

Hi
 Thank you for that we decided to go for bank transfer when we sell them.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:05:10 PM

Hi
  Thanx

Hi

Good decision.  Smiley

itf991

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:49:02 AM

Hi
  Thanx

Hi

Good decision.  Smiley

I used localbitcoins several times. Recommended Wink
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:30:59 AM

The upside to selling with paypal is that because it's so scammy, you can charge a massive amount.  It's not uncommon to see BTC selling for paypal for twice as much as it would if you sold it on an exchange.  If you take the time to properly vet prospective buyers, it can actually be +ev even with a 20-30% scam rate.  It's still quite risky, though.

I've also never understood why sellers don't ask for paypal payments to be made "gift"s.  As I understand, gift payments are irreversible.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:47:00 AM

The upside to selling with paypal is that because it's so scammy, you can charge a massive amount.  It's not uncommon to see BTC selling for paypal for twice as much as it would if you sold it on an exchange.  If you take the time to properly vet prospective buyers, it can actually be +ev even with a 20-30% scam rate.  It's still quite risky, though.

I've also never understood why sellers don't ask for paypal payments to be made "gift"s.  As I understand, gift payments are irreversible.

Nope.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
atc1

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:51:51 AM

Localbitcoins is fast and easy,but not too safe from what I hear. And damn,I too was under the impression that gift payments were irreversible.

FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:10:16 AM

Nope.

You sure about that?  I thought the whole deal with gift payments is that PP doesn't take a fee on them (because they are gifts) and because of that, they don't get involved in reversing them.

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:17:29 AM

You sure about that?  I thought the whole deal with gift payments is that PP doesn't take a fee on them (because they are gifts) and because of that, they don't get involved in reversing them.

Gift payments can still be chargebacked if the user is willing to claim to PP that their account was hacked and hence the funds stolen. Although you can't claim you didn't recieve "goods" and get a chargeback it still comes to the same thing.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:18:17 AM

Nope.

Been beat to death but I'll go again. If you claim you account was compromised, you get a chargeback. If you claim the same AND purchase was made via credit card, you get a chargeback. So yes, you CAN get a chargeback using gift.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
EasyD

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:08:09 AM

Hi
  Thanx

YourMine.org, (nice domain)

I buy both BTC & LTC for USD. I can pay in multiple methods including PayPal, which we know if very unsafe for sellers. However, I have experience buying/selling virtual currencies since 2007 and have been trusted to pay with PayPal. You usually want to only take PayPal from extremely trusted members so I am open to other payment methods.

I pay at and/or below market price but I can offer better customer support than the exchanges and a faster transaction. If you'd like my contact information please PM me I'll send my phone number and we can talk.

Thank You,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: