Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:17:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need PI to crack a case for me  (Read 646 times)
iheartubuntu (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:35:42 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 05:49:20 PM by iheartubuntu

Early on before BTC took off I was scammed out of some BTC. Not a lot of coins, but since the value has gone up its worth some really nice coinage now.

Heres the deal. I scammed the scammer. Without going into detail I told him a family member was dying and I needed the money ASAP for surgery. He bought into it and sent me my coins back and told me he had made enough BTC to retire (he has scammed people out of 2000+ BTC so far). Thank God I had just watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels otherwise I would have just chalked up my loss and moved on Smiley

The thing is, he never pulled the BTC out in my account on his site. I can still log in and they are still sitting there (if they are even real at this point). Is it possible to get these? I dont want to list the website in case they end up reading this and shut down their site. Their domain is in Panama, their TOS has an eastern euro country name, their address is from Florida. I should have known better, but hey. Ive done some searches on blockchain and I can see my deposits going to other accounts. Any other ideas I can try?

Ive traveled the world several times. I can speak a few different european languages enough to get by. Privet! Kak dela? Its not a problem for me to hop on a plane and deal with this guy myself (or uhhhh with the help of local authorities), but that would be a last resort.

So I'm looking to recover all of my coins on his site (18 BTC) and I'm willing to split the coinage 50/50. Thats first and foremost of importance. Everything else is icing on the cake. If possible I'd also like to find out all his info just for the heck of it.

Ideas are welcomed. I really dont know if my BTC that shows on the site is even retrievable. When I try to send them back to myself, the page stops thinking. I realize I'm probably SOL but it would be great if this was cracked and everyone got their coins back. Thousands of people have been duped.

Professional PIs recommended, but I will hear any and all ideas. Please PM me if interested in tackling this. Thanks!
iheartubuntu (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:18:04 PM

Is Blockchain very helpful at all? I can see the address where the scammer sent me my coins from, but Im confused how to read it. It almost looks like it originated from several different addresses.
tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:47:29 PM

From what you say you want us to help you without knowing the website name.
How would we know how the site works?
iheartubuntu (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:30:25 PM

From what you say you want us to help you without knowing the website name.
How would we know how the site works?

If someone was knowledgeable I would consider PMing them or if they PMed me I'd hear them and and go from there. I can do the basics like WHOIS and other online research, but thats as far as my knowledge takes me. I dont know databases, PHP and whatever else knowledge might be necessary.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:11:05 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 10:51:51 PM by Welsh

I have contacted you to see if we can identify the scammer, although if you are not willing to give out the information I would suggest opening a thread in the scam accusations section to let people know that the site you have used is indeed a malicious site. Otherwise, a lot more people may end up getting scammed so the more time you leave it the more people will be in the same shoes as you. In fact, I already assume that there is a thread for it if 2000BTC has been compromised by this site. I will search to see if there is a site which matches your description over in the scam accusations section. I'm not interested in the coins which you are offering, I'm interested in Identifying the scammer that you have mentioned and making that public knowledge scamming 2000BTC would be one of the highest amounts scammed in Bitcoin history.

But, to be entirely honest your coins are probably gone if you can't withdraw, in that case the only way of getting them back would be hacking into the site which I highly doubt you will find any one to do this because it's illegal.

Letting the Bitcoin address be known public may be a good start.

iheartubuntu (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:04:53 PM

Thanks for the info Welsh. Ultimately, Id love to take this guy down and everyone get their coins back but I realize that its close to impossible. I made up a huge story that a family member was dying and he bought it hook line and sinker. I provided him with phony CT scans of a female and everything. It worked. I got my coins back. Im lucky. But I feel if he is exposed further, Im worried all will be lost for everyone else.

There is where my refund originated from...

https://blockchain.info/address/1Fj73EL4PPzG5hYwBG7yqXSGjtjHoD42g4

In his own words...

"Show me a proof (high quality scans of documents etc), so i know you arent just a better con artist than i am, and i will give you your 15 btc back!"

"Does it show her name? Please upload together with something that proves you didnt just find the file on the internet, like a scan of your ID which shows same surname."

"Ii have the feeling that what you say is true, so f**k it, made enough this year... sent you the 15 btc to the address you gave me."

Anyways, Id love to do some more research (and might be willing to pay a little BTC) if we can all work together somehow and get as much info as we can before this guy disappears.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: