Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:34:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitcoin Exchange (mtgox.com)  (Read 38406 times)
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 01, 2010, 01:18:28 AM

Mtgox should substract whatever you're selling from your account so you don't sell what you don't have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anonymous

August 01, 2010, 01:48:05 AM

Mtgox should substract whatever you're selling from your account so you don't sell what you don't have.

agreed.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2010, 07:06:15 AM

I think there should be an "available balance" listed, but as it is there is no way to sell what you don't have the trade appears on your list as "not enough funds" and is not listed in the chart.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
bytemaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2010, 03:32:06 AM

I love your exchange.  best I have seen yet.

One recomendation, offer the ability to "short sell" bit coins.  This would work by paying other users interest and requiring the short seller to keep enough cash on hand to cover his position.  Say 2x $USD for every BTC short sold.   Users would specify the amount they are willing to lend their BTC for.   In the event that BTC prices move against the short seller his dollars can be auto-liquidated to cover the position.

This service would help "stabilize" the market and would be the first "bank" someone could put coins into and "earn interest" for lending. 

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
Insti

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

Firstbits: 1duzy

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 11:52:51 PM

Is it possible to see the market data in tabular form?

I can see the cool graphs and get the info with the mouseovering.
But I'd like to be able to see the data in a table also.

Is there just some button I cannot see?
tcatm

Activity: 337
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 11, 2010, 12:08:55 AM

You could parse https://mtgox.com/code/getDepth.php
mtgox (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2010, 01:41:36 AM

The depth of market table is there now. I wanted to do something cooler but haven't had time so I went ahead and just put the table there.

gridecon

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2010, 02:03:35 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2010, 02:21:19 AM by gridecon

We (some people on the IRC channel) noticed what seemed to be unexpected behavior in the mtgox matchmaking system today. At one point, there was an outstanding offer to sell bitcoins at a price lower than the highest outstanding bid, and the transaction was at below-market rates. When we noticed this, it was possible to buy 1 bitcoin for six cents even at a time when there were outstanding offers at a higher price.
Insti

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

Firstbits: 1duzy

View Profile
August 11, 2010, 07:52:07 AM

The depth of market table is there now. I wanted to do something cooler but haven't had time so I went ahead and just put the table there.

Awesome! Thanks.
joechip

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 11, 2010, 11:53:11 AM

We (some people on the IRC channel) noticed what seemed to be unexpected behavior in the mtgox matchmaking system today. At one point, there was an outstanding offer to sell bitcoins at a price lower than the highest outstanding bid, and the transaction was at below-market rates. When we noticed this, it was possible to buy 1 bitcoin for six cents even at a time when there were outstanding offers at a higher price.

Very useful, MG, thanks.  Spif looking stuff is nice, but data now is better than data later. Wink

Ta,
mtgox (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2010, 12:22:21 PM

gridecon: Yeah I'm looking into it. I'm pretty sure I know how it happened so it should be fixed soon.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2010, 10:46:04 PM

Any chance you will add other currencies to the market such as Pecunix GAU?

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2010, 06:20:22 PM

Instead of calculating the volume as the last 24 hours, which give us a false impression, implement total volume for this 24 hours period.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2010, 07:47:42 PM

Instead of calculating the volume as the last 24 hours, which give us a false impression, implement total volume for this 24 hours period.

Even better would be a list of all trades in the last 24 hours (or ever).

kencausey

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 17, 2010, 07:59:36 PM

I assume you  mean that rather than the volume over the last 24 hours, you would like the volume since, for example, midnight in some timezone.  But what timezone?  MtGox is a 24/7, theoretically worldwide market.  There is no 'close of market' as is customary from historical exchanges.  On the 'All Time' chart you get the volume and open/close/high/low figures broken up into consistent 24 hour periods.

Even better would be a list of all trades in the last 24 hours (or ever).

http://www.mtgox.com/code/getHistory.php

that's last 48 hours I believe.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2010, 08:02:29 PM

That doesn't appear to be volume data.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2010, 08:03:57 PM

I assume you  mean that rather than the volume over the last 24 hours, you would like the volume since, for example, midnight in some timezone.  But what timezone?  MtGox is a 24/7, theoretically worldwide market.  There is no 'close of market' as is customary from historical exchanges.  On the 'All Time' chart you get the volume and open/close/high/low figures broken up into consistent 24 hour periods.

Simple, just use UTC.

kencausey

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 17, 2010, 09:06:05 PM

That doesn't appear to be volume data.

Oh yes, sorry, my mistake, prices and times but no volumes.
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2010, 11:16:05 PM

Wonderful site.  Making it free is going to grow the site. Good job.

You could suggest a 2% bitcoin donation for filled orders. I certainly will donate.

I deposited $10 and placed a bid for bitcoins. The depth of market is a little off, I would like to see side by side. Sounds like you are doing this.

Makes me want to sell something cheap on ebay for $5 and let them know I'll take 50 bitcoins instead, and link to your site (against ebay rules?)

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2010, 11:26:25 PM

Wonderful site.  Making it free is going to grow the site. Good job.

You could suggest a 2% bitcoin donation for filled orders. I certainly will donate.

I deposited $10 and placed a bid for bitcoins. The depth of market is a little off, I would like to see side by side. Sounds like you are doing this.

Makes me want to sell something cheap on ebay for $5 and let them know I'll take 50 bitcoins instead, and link to your site (against ebay rules?)

You could use bitlist or bidding pond.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: