Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-GBP - How to?  (Read 7039 times)
snedie (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 04:00:13 AM

Anyone know of a good way to convert directly between BTC and BGP (Aka Sterling)?

Any non direct methods very much appreciated too, such as converting to USD and over to GBP? I understand there is something in the works along these lines, info of which can be found here:

https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=4118.0
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hatchetfox

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 04:06:22 AM

You can buy GBP from Nanaimo Gold at a (current) rate of 0.5969 GBP/1 BTC.

Not sure if that's any help or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
no to the gold cult

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 02:59:32 PM

Just don't mention miscegenation.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 03:10:07 PM

Anyone know of a good way to convert directly between BTC and BGP (Aka Sterling)?

Any non direct methods very much appreciated too, such as converting to USD and over to GBP? I understand there is something in the works along these lines, info of which can be found here:

https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=4118.0

bitcoin-otc has worked well for me in the past (buying GBP with BTC). Right now the site seems down, however.

This space intentionally left blank.
snedie (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 09:54:46 AM

Can the site be trusted? The site says the don't accept responsibility for transactions, so seems like a good place for a scammer to lurk. It does also say that previous transaction info is available so I suppose it could be fairly obvious.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 01:28:33 PM

Can the site be trusted? The site says the don't accept responsibility for transactions, so seems like a good place for a scammer to lurk. It does also say that previous transaction info is available so I suppose it could be fairly obvious.

What are you talking about?

> The site says the don't accept responsibility for transactions

Where? Why would I say that?

> It does also say that previous transaction info is available

WTF are you talking about?

snedie (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 05:15:52 PM

What's with all the hostility. Anyway, I posted that in the wrong thread and it was meant for another website.

For a guy trying to make money maybe you should think about using some better manners.
LMGTFY

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 05:21:35 PM

What's with all the hostility. Anyway, I posted that in the wrong thread and it was meant for another website.

For a guy trying to make money maybe you should think about using some better manners.

"What's with all the hostility [?]" - I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that someone making honest money from a website probably didn't appreciate having his business defamed.

"Anyway, I posted that in the wrong thread and it was meant for another website." - it would probably have been a good idea to note that as soon as you realised your error, with a short apology.

snedie (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 05:28:34 PM

it would probably have been a good idea to note that as soon as you realised your error, with a short apology.

If I had known I would have simply removed the comment. And why should I apologise for someone else using vulgarities in my thread and on a community forum? Was it really so hard for him to say "Please could you clarify where it says that on my website. If it does say this, it is a mistake and we will rectify it immediately. However I think you are mistaken and may want to check your facts."

I really don't have the patience to deal with immature adults, they never get anywhere in life beyond a ground level job. Simply cutting out the vulgarities goes a long way, there is nothing wrong with an aggressive argument approach and it often works in the business world. But using vulgarity is just a sheer cut sign of short mindedness.
LMGTFY

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 06:08:10 PM

it would probably have been a good idea to note that as soon as you realised your error, with a short apology.

If I had known I would have simply removed the comment. And why should I apologise for someone else using vulgarities in my thread and on a community forum? Was it really so hard for him to say "Please could you clarify where it says that on my website. If it does say this, it is a mistake and we will rectify it immediately. However I think you are mistaken and may want to check your facts."

I really don't have the patience to deal with immature adults, they never get anywhere in life beyond a ground level job. Simply cutting out the vulgarities goes a long way, there is nothing wrong with an aggressive argument approach and it often works in the business world. But using vulgarity is just a sheer cut sign of short mindedness.
I'm not suggesting that you should apologise for someone else's comments; I'm suggesting that you should apologise for your error, rather than taking offence at their response to your error.

Edit: Incidentally, I'm struggling to see any vulgarity. There's a "WTF", which is a fairly common idiom, but I suppose someone could take offence to that, but really - is that the vulgarity that concerns you?

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 07:05:03 PM

We haven't made a public announcement yet because we're still performing Q&A testing, but we plan to open on Monday.

http://britcoin.co.uk/
river

April 02, 2011, 09:06:43 PM

I really don't have the patience to deal with immature adults, they never get anywhere in life beyond a ground level job.

Your absolutely right .. they never get better JOBS .. but then again, low level workers are the bottom of the scale when it come the JOBS.
These people are doing business with you ... YOU NEED THEM .. they do not need you, they have others that will simply say .. how much for how much .. let's do it .. done.

Money has no feelings ...

Someone in a job, you need the services of, pisses you off, you complain, they get fired ... you WIN.
A business owner you need the services of pisses you off, you complain, they black list YOU or charge you WAY more, you don't get the service/product you want from them again, or pay dearly for it .. you have to find another willing to deal with whom will most likely will charge you more  (or you would have went to them to begin with) .. you LOOSE.

you seam to this that because you always deal with lowly workers at a company, and expect them to suck up to you or you'll have them fired, that it entitles you to treat the bosses that way .. it doesn't work that way.
genjix
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 09:21:51 PM

Britcoin has been open for a while, https://britcoin.co.uk/

It's not a business but a charity. I don't charge any fees for the time being.
nanaimogold

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 07:06:52 PM

Britcoin has been open for a while, https://britcoin.co.uk/

It's not a business but a charity. I don't charge any fees for the time being.

I had a quick peek. Something I don't get;

What do you mean by GBP? What method do you expect that to be delivered to you? By what method do you send GBP when out exchanging?

Are you accepting cash by mail?

What is your opinion of the Royal Mail since the big push to clean up the corruption?

> We are currently in talks with legal professionals and gaining international licenses.

I'm concerned that, by begging for permission, you are just setting yourself up to be consumed by parasites before you can even get going. Ever consider that, as a free man under common law, you are entitled to earn an honest living without interference?

genjix
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 10:41:45 PM

I'm concerned that, by begging for permission, you are just setting yourself up to be consumed by parasites before you can even get going. Ever consider that, as a free man under common law, you are entitled to earn an honest living without interference?

I'm not prepared to fuck around with other people's money because of my own beliefs about how the world should be run. My own money: yes, but not others.

We accept bank deposits for the time being. Payment processors will be coming sometime.
nanaimogold

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 11:41:23 PM

Oh no. You used the word "fuck" in front of children. Snedie will now pitch a fit about your "vulgarity".

lol

Good luck in your search for an authority figure.

Do you mind answering my questions about your fiat vector?

genjix
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2011, 07:36:53 AM

Sure Smiley It's by bank deposit.
nanaimogold

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 08:21:32 AM

Sure Smiley It's by bank deposit.

Do you mean that you are accepting cash deposits to your bank account? Can people far from your bank still find a local cashier?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: