Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you selective when you participating in ICOs?  (Read 4381 times)
Deallove9
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:57:59 AM

Yes , I have to be selective in any project I get in even if am an investor , I can't just see project and jump in to it for reward sake but still we still have many fail project which I see as a major issue when it comes to raising funds, giving reward to bounty hunters as stipulated, getting listed in good exchange and many more , so everything still goes down to the team who are the main driver if any project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pricebrianer

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:03:39 AM

There’s a ton of shitty projects out there. Even most review sites list them. Looks like it doesn’t take anything to get listed on previously popular pages. So now we have to do our own research. Find out primarily about the team. Top team means the project could steer well in this market. If you don’t get a good project team and Usecase don’t invest keep your $$$

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
mr.Belyavski

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:25:36 AM

Participating in the ISO can not be non-selective. 90% of the case in this case depends on selectivity, and if not to be selective, then the work will not be justified, and efforts are spent in vain. In addition, as selectivity, it is important to be attentive to the rest of the moments, it is not for nothing that this work is called bounty hunting, therefore the approach should be like that of a hunter  Wink
viktoriya1945

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:48:24 AM

There are many popular sites are available like Bountyhive,Bountylord that gives the ICOs announcement their duration time etc.
I want to know that how you select an ICOs to either participate in it as invester or a bounty campaigner.
I try to look for ICO on rating sites and I take part in bounty campaigns that have high ratings and already collected soft cap and are guaranteed to be paid.
biggainz836

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:09:34 PM

I am now extremely selective. I am not trying to be negative, but i think we are on the cusp of a huge shake up that will kill a lot of the shitcoins and level out the playing field. Thus it will be easier it invest; however, one still must be cautious.

1. never invest in ICOS with anonymous CEOS or where information is hard to get. Always do a background check or a deep dive into the executives background and see if they actually have experience in the field that is tied to there project. Example modern finance chain is crypto to fiat. The president and CEO have extensive experience in payment processing industry and they hired a VP from ripple to interface with the banks whereas Pundix has team members that have less experience in the industry (they seem to be doing good despite this but experience and knowledge trumps all)

2. Invest in projects that have a long shelf life that will be there in 5 to 10 years. Do not invest in projects where you cannot explain what they hope to achieve in less than a few sentences. Good idea that are innovative, are obvious to everyone and they solve a practical problem. Example, Tapcoin (hooch app) wants you to take ownership of your data away from the big firms who sell it without your permission (and get breached). So, they are letting you sell your non personalized data to bars and hotels in order to earn coins for free food and hotel stays. Reward systems have been around for a long time and this is a improvement on the system. Reward systems and databases (and collection for analytics) will be around for a long time and are not going anywhere. Do not invest in projects that make vague promises using catch-all terms like big data, AI processing, where you are unsure of their utility.

3. Look at competitors in the field before you invest. What are the differences between them ? What are the raises ? Compare and contrast.

4. Look for projects where they seek to make the world a better place as opposed to just making profit. Projects like Hinounou want to help monitor elders and vulnerable classes with block chain technology. This is a real problem and the CEO has a passion for fixing it. Passion is what makes people put in the extra effort whereas someone who just wants to make money, will do the bare minimum.

5. Beware of vague promises without backup. Many projects promise huge TPS or call themselves 4th and 5th gen blockchain. Those are buzz words and unless they can back up their claims in the whitepaper/technical paper then assume its all hype.

6. NEVER GET YOUR INFO from only one source such as bitcointalk, reddit, and other discussion forums. Make sure you use multiple sources and never trust just one persons word on anything. You always want to have all your questions answered and the mods and admins of the telegram group should have no issue answering them. Don't even trust me on any of the projects i mentioned. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, which requires time and effort.

Following these tips have served me well.
asbak66
Copper Member

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 04:27:16 PM

Of course u must very selective when choose ICO to invest cause we're out our money there and don't want to make a lose
If you're just a bounty hunter it more be easier than an investor cause you're no need to afraid lose your money

rufusBTC

Activity: 121

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:33:57 PM

We all have to selective about icos. Investors and bounty members. Choosing the project is the hardest and the most important part of that. Personally i am very selective when i am joining any bounty and investing any ico.Because there are too many scam projects and we have to detect which one is real and which one is scam .

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:11:55 PM

Yes, I am selective when I participating in ICOs. It is true that there are a lot of scammers and vultures out there. Generally, I check the website of ICO. After that, I check their ico listing information. If I think all of them are good, then I do the bounty campaigns.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
mitsarasss

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:13:18 PM

ICO is a field in which it is not so easy to make money and it is very easy to lose your savings. Your desire to make a profit is faced with high risks, consisting of many factors, your main task is to identify all risk factors and eliminate the risks as much as possible. And that means being at least 10 times selective than usual.
takngantuk

Activity: 1024
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 05:14:45 PM

yes I just pick and choose ico. because I do not want to suffer any more losses due to the wrong choice of the ICO project. although lately it's difficult to determine which projects are good because now Scammers are very smart at making fake projects
DragonETH

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:25:50 AM

There’s a ton of shitty projects out there. Even most review sites list them. Looks like it doesn’t take anything to get listed on previously popular pages. So now we have to do our own research. Find out primarily about the team. Top team means the project could steer well in this market. If you don’t get a good project team and Usecase don’t invest keep your $$$
how to learn about the team and how to evaluate it? the only work of the group could be the implementation of the road map phase. in the current bear market, any team will face liquidity difficulties.

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
                                                      PROJECTON

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:29:51 AM

I select some ICOs from crypto differ, Ian balina website and ico drops.
In this case I am sure in quality of icos and don't need to make deep analysis
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:03:03 PM

I select some ICOs from crypto differ, Ian balina website and ico drops.
In this case I am sure in quality of icos and don't need to make deep analysis

A well-chosen team provides half of the success of the project. Important to check at website information about members of the company with detailed background and contact information. Also nice if somebody from team had successful projects in past.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:13:23 PM

In the place of today's investors, I would be extremely careful and attentive, there are too many people on the market who want to deceive you and steal your money. It doesn’t matter if they are hackers or simply fraudsters, whether you’re caught in their traps depends only on you. Personally, I prefer to completely protect myself from scammers and not to invest in any ICOs, for now.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
rizqoAD

Activity: 137
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:14:13 PM

Yes, it must be selective. First I have to ensure the legitimacy of the ICO developer team, secondly I will read the ICO whitepaper, thirdly I will look at the roadmap and finally I will see the offer of developers whether to provide products that can be used in the real world.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Dimm_bounty13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

Tokenize Everything - https://www.udap.io/

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:43:21 PM

To read or read about all your skills and you do not have enough time. Therefore, I either follow certain bounty managers in this forum, they make an announcement of the topic, and I start looking for information on this project. Or watch the site icodrops. I don't use much anymore

Very good choice! I recommended Icodrops as a cool company which gives exact predictions and evaluations of new ICO projects! I completely agree with you - that's a very good site for estimation of one or the other projects!

defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 05:49:59 PM

To find a good company, you have to analyze the project. When analyzing the project, I pay attention to the idea of the project and the possibility of its implementation, check whether real people are in the team and what their experience in this field. In addition, I study white paper, look at the activity in social networks and the number of participants. And the most important thing for me is whether the project has collected soft cap.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
meritbygrace

Activity: 153

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:54:11 PM

yes, it's normal to be selective! Most ICOs are scam,And you wouldn't want to loose your money. This money we worked very hard to make it.
kincit88

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:57:22 PM

There are many popular sites are available like Bountyhive,Bountylord that gives the ICOs announcement their duration time etc.
I want to know that how you select an ICOs to either participate in it as invester or a bounty campaigner.
Of course because i want to invest my money to that icos, if i'm not selective i will get scammed by that project. Especially in this current situation, there's a lot of icos scam popping up. That popular sites just for references for us to make decision before we want to invest in some icos.
fumblingperch

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:40:29 PM

At the moment, there are no normal ICO in which I would dare to invest and that is why I am waiting for the emergence of new projects that will really be worth something.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: