Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34130 times)
martijnp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:36:41 PM

I personally voted for mjbmonetarymetals. But I'm loving martijnp design also. Hard decision. But I'm fine as long as smaragda won't win.

Thanks!

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:38:48 PM

I just registered coming from  forum.qrk.cc and I voted for martijnps design. There are other good ones in the ring...boxxl made a good one as well imho. But while these are professional design from what you can see in the result and in the idea behind, the result of smaragda is a laugh. I mean, its cool that he_she provided a design but it lacks of all that a logo needs. Its not scalable, not suitable for masses and lacks a unique look. The fact that it takes the lead way ahead can only be explained by peer-mobilization or fakeaccounts. Both would be a problem for the contest.
martijnp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:40:01 PM

I just registered coming from  forum.qrk.cc and I voted for martijnps design. There are other good ones in the ring...boxxl made a good one as well imho. But while these are professional design from what you can see in the result and in the idea behind, the result of smaragda is a laugh. I mean, its cool that he_she provided a design but it lacks of all that a logo needs. Its not scalable, not suitable for masses and lacks a unique look. The fact that it takes the lead way ahead can only be explained by peer-mobilization or fakeaccounts. Both would be a problem for the contest.

Thanks a lot quarkfx! Wink

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:45:39 PM

Btw. has the voting between the entrants finished already? Otherwise the result of this poll could cause strategic voting.
Promethium

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:06:49 AM

Thanks man Smiley

I spend a lot of time on my design Smiley

I'm in the top 4  Grin

You are the future winner.

You do more with a simplistic schematic than smaragda does with a billion lines.

Your design is simple, elegant, immediately recognizable, aesthetically pleasing, and utilizes color in a subtle and stunning fashion.

Your "less is more" approach is highly successful because you see fit to serve the spirit of quark unlike smaragda who tries to overpower the logo with scale and an overabundance of geometrics to compensate for a lack of cohesion.

Boxxl

I Like it!
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:09:44 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 12:40:57 AM by mymenace

Great work designers truly exceptional work

I do hope one of these designs win, hope i got the designers names right

mjbmonetarymetals

boxxl

Leigrecc

Grin
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:26:42 AM

Best 2 according to me:

gjeric

mjbmonetarymetals
KJO

Activity: 173

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:51:02 AM

There is nothing wrong with the orig logo my friend.

Wait a second... weren't you the one that made the statement below?

...with a logo design that fails its very purpose...

You do realize that the purpose of the contest was to change the logo, right?    Undecided

ROFLMAO!    Grin

Wrong again. It seems you have a reading comprehension issue so let me make it quite clear:

YOUR logo fails its purpose, not the orig logo. YOUR LOGO fails.

It is a decent amateur sci-fi pic, but not a logo.  The orig logo works much better than your design but not better than BoxxL's logo or a few others who have good marketable designs.

You seem to have some artistic ability but it doesnt really matter when you don't understand the program or hierarchy behind what elements you use and why.

A logo should capture the essence of the product in question. Your logo seems to capture nothing but your own visual masturbation much like a guitar player that plays too much and ends up ruining the song.

Too much visual diarrhea and no relationship to quark. Color scheme is poor. Proportions are poor.  Geometric diarrhea with no relationship to quark whatsoever. It is very well rendered diarrhea but not a logo.

If you have to explain a logo like you have done over and over, you have already failed.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:54:55 AM

mjbmonetarymetals got my vote: #1, #2, or #3
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412309.msg4466824#msg4466824

But yes, I agree with the other comments, while the bounty should be paid the original logo should stay in essence
except for maybe a slight touchup.

It'd also be nice to split the bounty half to the winner, half to the next major foundation project such as a paymnet processor or new improved wallet, etc ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 01:05:51 AM

AdamDelicioso's got his sock-puppets out Wink

This contest is turning into a joke.
KJO

Activity: 173

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:06:46 AM

MY hats off to mjbmetals, leigh, boxxl, martjin...all solid contenders. Great work guys.
BaseTroikV2

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:24:47 AM

VOTE BARRY!! VOTE BARRY!!!  

Kiss  Wink  Roll Eyes

https://i.imgur.com/hCHuNSC.jpg

Full image:
https://i.imgur.com/78o0gxn.jpg

My vote is for barry's. It looks really professional AND it's actually a new logo. Most of the ones i saw were just knockoffs of the current logo with some color changes.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:42:29 AM

Isn't it obvious that Smaragda is cheating? Lots of users hate his design, but he's still a winner. How come?

Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:28:35 AM

Vote for me Smiley

Boxxl

No Signature right now...
xenithrising

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:00:40 AM

Isn't it obvious that Smaragda is cheating? Lots of users hate his design, but he's still a winner. How come?

ROFLMAO!    Grin

Which rock did you trolls crawl under... my design has been up since December 17, 2013... where were you then?!?!?   Wink

...I decided to take all you trolls out of my Ignore List just to have a little fun...

...I will add you all back after the vote is over, of course, as I would hate to have to read your nonsense in other threads...

Your design is literally the most unappealing logo of any crypto design I have seen (and I am attempting to be nice here)...
It looks like it was made by a 16 year old who think he is the GOAT at photoshop, plays too much world of warcraft and is obsessed with Burzum. It doesn't suit a game-changing crypto-currency like Quark. You have talent (somewhat), and I can see that. However it's just not up to the level of professionalism as the other designs.

The best designs IMO (or most suitable) are:

1. mbjmonetarymetals -  it is just a re-vamped version of the current logo (which is perfect because the current logo is great/aesthetic to begin with)

2. boxxl - sleek and a universal design

3. AdamDelicioso - a spinoff of the current bitcoin logo (brilliant and simple idea)

We all know you are cheating with the votes smaragda, just admit it. You have probably whored yourself out on FB or twitter to your friends to vote for you. If your logo gets chosen, fuck that, I've lost hope in Quark going to the moon.
Seriously, imagine going onto an exchange and seeing Bitcoins logo, Litecoins logo, Peercoins logo and then QuuuUarkKK sitting there like an aborted abomination. Seriously, just picture it there for a second and realise how out of place it is.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:25:26 AM

The other hand if just a few fake/friends accounts is enough to make someone win, then probably Quark doesn't deserve a better logo.

xenithrising

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:48:13 AM

We all know you are cheating with the votes smaragda, just admit it. You have probably whored yourself out on FB or twitter to your friends to vote for you.

...says the Newbie with Activity: 1...

ROFLMAO!    Grin

Which rock did you trolls crawl under... my design has been up since December 17, 2013... where were you then?!?!?   Wink

I actually decided to log in and actually post for once just to get my point across. I'm not trolling whatsoever. Why do you keep bringing up the fact that your design has been around since december? Pretty sure that means jack shit son.

and to the guy above... a fair amount of people won't vote because they want the old logo/haven't seen this voting thread to begin with.
xenithrising

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:25:24 AM

I actually decided to log in and actually post for once just to get my point across. I'm not trolling whatsoever. Why do you keep bringing up the fact that your design has been around since december? Pretty sure that means jack shit son.

ROFLMAO!    Grin

... You have already said this over a million times.

http://media.giphy.com/media/cheMPA1InqKc0/giphy.gif
gambitx

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:15:36 AM

smargada logo is really bad guys, it is the worst logo design of any crypto i have ever seen. Even some using paintbrush did a better job, yes its that bad.

The votes are fake and the fact he is spamming this thread how come he is not disqualified. Look at all the other contestants they act calm and professional.   

gambitx

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:20:03 AM

The true voting is for mjbmonetarymetals, he is the true winner that the community wants
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: