Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:03:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:02:11 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 11:12:20 AM by quarkfx

I think the contests should be rebooted for the following reasons:

1. There are two votes: community votes and votes between contestants. As I understand it the latter hasnt been done yet and will be flawed by the result of this vote. That shouldn´t happen because it allows strategic voting.

2. There is no acceptable way to look through all contestants. There is a Google Doc but there is no way the community looks through all of it. It is WAY to much clicking, thus the result will be flawed.

3. Some contestants and their voters were posting the entries in the forum, so they were visible, others were not. Same: no fair competition.

4. The contestants made different entries that are not really comparable. In some cases you just dont know what you are voting for. I voted for martijnp but actually I don´t know for which of the different types I vote. Thats the same for some other contestants.

5. Obviously there is some cheating going on, as referred by many community members. There is a need for a different procedure.

I propose the following procedure:

1. All contestants are asked to hand in a logo for two standard formats a) vertical and  b) squarred  in three scaled sizes so community user can compare how the logo would be used.

2. The entries are presented in a visible gallery so the voter can actually look through it. Every contest should write some lines (max. ~5 sentences) why he decided to do it this way. That is pretty important as community members will sometimes not see the "bigger picture".

3. Before the public vote starts there is a vote between contestants. The result will be secret until the poll is closed. Bot results are counted 50:50.

4. All contestants that reached a certain mark, I propose 10%, take part in a second round where they can present whatever else they want to present (use on mobile devices, webpages etc.). This will be presented in a gallery as well.

5. There is a final vote between the contestants and after that a public poll as in 3.

As the winning price is quite high and the result has a certain impact to the community it is crucial to me to keep the procedure as transparent, fair and self-controlling as possible. Currently I dont see that.

This is a comparison between current contestants that reach the 5% mark. Decide for yourself whether visualisations like that are neccesary to have a fair competition.

xenithrising

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:26:08 AM

Agreed. New poll in that format please ^
Leigrecc

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:26:17 AM

Let's act professional and civilized, everyone, please, this is supposed to be about art and design, and wanting to make this community stronger by helping out to make it look better. Let's not attack each other! I like quarkfx's platform, but i think that FlipPro was clear about his platform since the beginning, and since he holds most of the prize amount, then he gets to choose which platform to go on with.

Thanks everyone who voted for my design! Smiley
martijnp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:39:59 AM

@quarkfx Thanks for your proposal! Completely agree with you! Already expected it would turn out to something like this.. Sad

I've put tremendous effort into delivering all different elements that were requested by the organizer:
- a NEW logo (not just a polished version of the original one!) Wink
- a banner (logo with text)
- a 'Quark Accepted Here' button
- a coin
- a physical round

It seems many designers weren't aware of these requirements! I've mentioned this before. Although I completely dislike Smaragda's logo, funny thing is he did provide all elements that were requested. But it should never be possible for him to lead the competition..

If voting rules remain unchanged I'll just leave it with that.. Good luck to all of you!

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
martijnp

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:41:03 AM

Let's act professional and civilized, everyone, please, this is supposed to be about art and design, and wanting to make this community stronger by helping out to make it look better. Let's not attack each other! I like quarkfx's platform, but i think that FlipPro was clear about his platform since the beginning, and since he holds most of the prize amount, then he gets to choose which platform to go on with.

Thanks everyone who voted for my design! Smiley

+1 for keeping it professional and civilized!

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
martijnp

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:46:22 AM

Nice to see that you have accepted the terms of the contest, which is running since November 05, 2013!!!    Shocked

quarkfx isn't competing!

quarkfx

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:51:16 AM

@Leigrec  

I think this FlipPro as organizer has quite an important function in all of this but I think there can´t be a "we can´t go back" argument. The winner will get his_her prize but it is the community that needs to accept and use the logo and if many people don´t think it is a fair competition then the result will rather have a bad effect on what logo people are going to use.

As I said, I just made a proposal. I think it serves a) to filter the not so professional logos and fake-votes b) to give everyone equal chances to present their work and c) to have discussion about the concept.

Until now there is no debate, only fanboy_fangirl-comments. The reason why is that currently there is no real base for discussion, only a huge ammount of entries that are in many ways not comparable and leave us user without a clue why they have been designed they way they were designed. To me that isn´t very productive and therefore I would ask everyone to consider changing the framework for the voting and reboot the procedure.

I am willing to support the organization of a reopened competition.
martijnp

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:57:46 AM

Good luck to you Smaragda.. I sincerely hope you win!

martijnp

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:59:46 AM

@Leigrec  

I think this FlipPro as organizer has quite an important function in all of this but I think there can´t be a "we can´t go back" argument. The winner will get his_her prize but it is the community that needs to accept and use the logo and if many people don´t think it is a fair competition then the result will rather have a bad effect on what logo people are going to use.

As I said, I just made a proposal. I think it serves a) to filter the not so professional logos and fake-votes b) to give everyone equal chances to present their work and c) to have discussion about the concept.

Until now there is no debate, only fanboy_fangirl-comments. The reason why is that currently there is no real base for discussion, only a huge ammount of entries that are in many ways not comparable and leave us user without a clue why they have been designed they way they were designed. To me that isn´t very productive and therefore I would ask everyone to consider changing the framework for the voting and reboot the procedure.

I am willing to support the organization of a reopened competition.

This is what it's all about IMHO! This is why I participated in the first place!

quarkfx

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:03:29 PM

Nice to see that you have accepted the terms of the contest, which is running since November 05, 2013!!!    Shocked

The fact that I wasn´t there doesn´t mean I can´t debate it now. I joined the quark community only some weeks ago, and only recently heard about the contest.  

It is quite clear why you are not in favour of stronger competition policies.

P.S.: Don´t play the Diva, just because I don´t like your logo.
komariny

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:05:42 PM

Hi there.
When I finished my logo, contest page was shut down, so I could not upload my variant for many days. After that I could not register as admin was not approving my request. If you like my design please add it to vote list.
https://pp.vk.me/c409022/v409022294/6998/buxr6URNtgw.jpg
quarkfx

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:14:53 PM

@Smaragda

I wasn´t opening a new competition so whats your point?

By the way... who gives a flying f*** if you like my logo or not?!?!?    Huh

Obviously you do, as you are jumping up and down like a troll on amphetamines when people criticize your logo.
Myothergunisbigger

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:21:57 PM

Smaragda's logo is total crap. Dunno why it's even on the votelist.
Myothergunisbigger

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:26:49 PM

Smaragda's logo is total crap. Dunno why it's even on the votelist.

ROFLMAO!    Grin

Which rock did you trolls crawl under... my design has been up since December 17, 2013... where were you then?!?!?    Wink

Quark site has been down for too long, so i forgot about this contest.
quarkfx

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:30:06 PM

@Smaragda

Please answer the rest of my post:

"I wasn´t opening a new competition so whats your point?"
Myothergunisbigger

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:37:36 PM

Quark site has been down for too long, so i forgot about this contest.

NICE!  Your opinion gets more weight among the trolls if you had totally forgotten about the contest!!!   ROFLMAO!   Grin

Spam roflmao and act like a kid more please and you will look like as well as the design of your logo.
quarkfx

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:44:41 PM

@Smaragda

Please answer the rest of my post:

"I wasn´t opening a new competition so what your point?"

You are trying to change the terms of a contest that has been running since November... has had a S***LOAD of delays... where the ACTUAL participants have been waiting VERY PATIENTLY for it to take place. What is it you do not understand?!?!?    Huh

CHILL OUT... it has been what it is FOREVER already!?!?!?!    Shocked

"You are trying to change the terms of a contest"?!??!?!?!!?!?! BS! I made a PROPOSAL for a reboot for reasons that I made pretty clear. I am not changing anything, as you suggest, I am debating an obvious problem and as we have freedom of speech I have all rights to do so. Your way of communication is inaceptable and asocial.

Here my proposal as it became washed away by your one-person shitstorm.

1. There are two votes: community votes and votes between contestants. As I understand it the latter hasnt been done yet and will be flawed by the result of this vote. That shouldn´t happen because it allows strategic voting.

2. There is no acceptable way to look through all contestants. There is a Google Doc but there is no way the community looks through all of it. It is WAY to much clicking, thus the result will be flawed.

3. Some contestants and their voters were posting the entries in the forum, so they were visible, others were not. Same: no fair competition.

4. The contestants made different entries that are not really comparable. In some cases you just dont know what you are voting for. I voted for martijnp but actually I don´t know for which of the different types I vote. Thats the same for some other contestants.

5. Obviously there is some cheating going on, as referred by many community members. There is a need for a different procedure.

I propose the following procedure:

1. All contestants are asked to hand in a logo for two standard formats a) vertical and  b) squarred  in three scaled sizes so community user can compare how the logo would be used.

2. The entries are presented in a visible gallery so the voter can actually look through it. Every contest should write some lines (max. ~5 sentences) why he decided to do it this way. That is pretty important as community members will sometimes not see the "bigger picture".

3. Before the public vote starts there is a vote between contestants. The result will be secret until the poll is closed. Bot results are counted 50:50.

4. All contestants that reached a certain mark, I propose 10%, take part in a second round where they can present whatever else they want to present (use on mobile devices, webpages etc.). This will be presented in a gallery as well.

5. There is a final vote between the contestants and after that a public poll as in 3.

As the winning price is quite high and the result has a certain impact to the community it is crucial to me to keep the procedure as transparent, fair and self-controlling as possible. Currently I dont see that.

This is a comparison between current contestants that reach the 5% mark. Decide for yourself whether visualisations like that are neccesary to have a fair competition.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:49:01 PM

Nice, my pick and recommendation mjbmonetarymetals is wining  Smiley

Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:51:23 PM

Vote for Ultimist! (me)

Forgot all about this, but have had these logos as entries since December.

CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:58:40 PM

Boxxl design is really stylish and from point of marketing it's better.

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: