Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:40:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
Lodorenos

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:45:22 AM

User NAMED : Ultimist
is CHEATING !

He is asking PPL TO VOTE FOR HIM ON A FORUM !

http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4037921

PLEASE DELETE HIS ENTRY FROM THE CONTEST ! THANK YOU !

I like his logo design and I don't care about any "Hacker Forums".
Did you make an account just to ruin his day, or what?
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:00:22 PM

is CHEATING !

Please delete his entry from the contest !
Its CHEATING

If you look at what I posted there, I specifically asked people to vote for me if they like my logo.

I also advised them to look at the other entries, not just mine.

Several people here have posted threads on THIS forum, asking people to vote for them... so why is it different if I post a similar request somewhere else?

I also mention that there are A LOT of excellent entries. You can see it right there in the screenshot.

Wrecked

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Currently Mining At 1.2 MH/s!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:05:58 PM

is CHEATING !

Please delete his entry from the contest !
Its CHEATING

You're an idiot.  Don't you see the amount of people that ask others to vote for them as well even on this forum?

Please seek mental help, I think you were dropped on the head as a baby.

Btw, I only voted for Ultimist because I love his logo, and I encourage as many people to vote for him as possible!
Ultimist

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:33:19 PM

Here's something interesting. Evidently pajsor33 is also a member of the same hack forum as me.

He posted in my thread over there, laughing that someone doesn't like me... but he left a bit too much information in his screenshot:

The image above is what someone named "InstallKING" posted to my thread over there...

Notice anything in the screenshot? He has an "edit" and "delete" button, proving that he is the one who posted the thread here, accusing me of "cheating."

So I suspect he has an entry in this contest and is upset that I have taken the lead? Not sure.

By the way, many other users have posted requests on bitcointalk and other forums, asking for people to vote. If my entries are removed, so will a lot of others... but I don't think trying to shore up support for yourself is wrong. How else can we get votes if we can't point out our work and ask people to add their input?

quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:09:22 PM

Smaragda, would you please stop spamming the thread. Obviously youa re neither able to talk and argue like a normal human being nor to cope with controversial opinions. Its a shame for the quark community.

@altcoincryptographer

There is currently no rule that prohibits advertising your own work like Ultimist did, so it isnt cheating. I also think that it doesnt contributes to a fair competition if voters haven´t been involved in the quark community before. Therefore I proposed changes in the procedure (check page 6) but if it stays like this we have to accept that the vote will be heavily based on peergroup mobilization.
sanders.334

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:29:28 PM

I personally think this voting is extremely fair and great Smiley
It's funny that newbies on here actually thought this was about "selecting a really cool new logo for quark"...lol  newbies!

For the veterans who actually understand the rules, this contest is about:
1)  create a 2nd (or 3rd) rate logo that will embarrass the quark community
2)  create sock-puppet accounts to vote for yourself
3)  get your sock-puppets to make comments supporting your own logo
4)  troll other crypto threads to get more votes
5)  get all of your Facebook friends to vote for you
6)  get all of your Twitter followers to vote for you
7)  accuse other people of trolling and being unfair for calling you out on #'s 1-6

This is going to be even better when people start getting 100+ votes....and then you'll look at their logo and say - yeah they definitely followed rule #1 by making a 3rd rate logo, and they really dominated on rules #2-6...

I just want to personally thank a select few of the participants for TRULY giving me hope in humanity by being such highly evolved beings Smiley
quarkfx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:30:39 PM

Smaragda, there is one crucial knowledge that your parents and teachers obvioulsy forgot to teach you: only because you point at someone and call him_her stupid, bad or a troll doesn´t mean that this person is actually stupid, bad or a troll. You keep on calling everyone who doesn´t agree with you a troll. I´d call that childish but my niece with 11 years does better.

And no, I don´t remember any conversation. I only remember your hysteric shouting and swearing because people accused you to have manipulated your votings or just mentioned that it is a travesty that your logo was leading the vote for some time.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:41:58 PM

None of these designs are 120k worth, OP should have stated an amount in $ paid in Quark.

Also many of you post more than 1 logo, whats the deal with that? Everyone should make only 1 logo and post it, not tons of other variations and colors.

The voting should be done by a neutral third party. Voting like how it is now even an ugly logo can win which is not fair.
quarkfx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:49:48 PM

@Netnox

Exactly, we need standardized entries, otherwise you don´t know what you are voting for.

@altcoin

Right, sorry, I was indeed mixing a comment of pajsor33 to your nick Smiley

@Smaragda

Whatever bs you are talking.... welcome to my ignorelist.
Leigrecc

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:11:24 PM

Okay, I think this competition is going from "fun and edgy" to "trolling and accusative".

I, too, have asked my friends to join just to vote for me. Do i think this is good or bad? I don't know. I'm not a moral judge, I'm a graphic designer.

But all those people ripping each other and accusing everyone of cheating or not, is not good, nor for morale, nor for anything.

I like to think that whether you think the entries are professional or not, these people (whether motivated by money or not) have taken the time and effort to create something they thought was good enough to be an entry to a competition. But now, look around you, this isn't a competition, this is wilderness where everyone is trying, either directly or indirectly, to disqualify the others so that their entry would win.

You accused smaragda of cheating, and when he was no longer in the lead, you diverted your attack onto the next person who took the lead. Even if i don't agree with smaragda's attitude towards his accusers, but we all react differently to different things.

This is not fun. I think it's all because of the money involved. Heck, I don't mind distributing the prize sum to the first 3 or 5 runnerups if i ever win this thing! If it wasn't for the sake of human decency, remember why we all are here: to take back the economy of which we long suffered the lack of control.

I'm afraid if everyone keeps going at each other like that, I will have to withdraw my entry, for I do not want to be part of this kind of community.
quarkfx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:38:17 PM

@Leigrecc

I don´t really see why you would address me, but since altcoincryptographer didn´t accuse Smaragda of cheating, I guess its me who you are talking to.

You accused smaragda of cheating, and when he was no longer in the lead, you diverted your attack onto the next person who took the lead. Even if i don't agree with smaragda's attitude towards his accusers, but we all react differently to different things.

Could you please back up your accusation? I didn´t attack "the next person who took the lead".

I made several points why I think this competition isnt fair and I am not the only one who thinks this way. Of course you can accuse all those crititcs to just envy other people for the winning prize but to me that is a killer argument. People get angry when they see that someone is altering the competition. I don´t care who wins as long as the competition is fair. 

newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:00:02 PM

Sock puppets activated! lol

smaragda's design would make a good tatoo, can imagine it on some gay emo kid.
sanders.334

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:04:00 PM

quarkfx,
This contest is extremely fair; I just think you're confused about the purpose of this contest...
You, like me, probably thought this contest was about selecting the best possible logo for the quark brand...this is where you're wrong...this is merely a social media and cheating contest - it has nothing to do with a silly quark logo; you can tell by the quality of the current voting leaders.
barrysoetoro

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:36:48 PM

Okay, I think this competition is going from "fun and edgy" to "trolling and accusative".

I, too, have asked my friends to join just to vote for me. Do i think this is good or bad? I don't know. I'm not a moral judge, I'm a graphic designer.

But all those people ripping each other and accusing everyone of cheating or not, is not good, nor for morale, nor for anything.

I like to think that whether you think the entries are professional or not, these people (whether motivated by money or not) have taken the time and effort to create something they thought was good enough to be an entry to a competition. But now, look around you, this isn't a competition, this is wilderness where everyone is trying, either directly or indirectly, to disqualify the others so that their entry would win.

This is not fun. I think it's all because of the money involved. Heck, I don't mind distributing the prize sum to the first 3 or 5 runnerups if i ever win this thing! If it wasn't for the sake of human decency, remember why we all are here: to take back the economy of which we long suffered the lack of control.

I'm afraid if everyone keeps going at each other like that, I will have to withdraw my entry, for I do not want to be part of this kind of community.

Leigrecc is totally right. All of the people on this thread that are complaining and accusing others of cheating should be ashamed of themselves. It's pretty pathetic to act like children just because your design isn't currently winning. Grow up and act like adults. You guys' jealousy is making the Quark community look bad.  Undecided
KJO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:48:07 PM

My opening statement was a bit harsh... But it's true.

Save it troll... just go s*** on a big fat b**** d***!   Shocked

You mad brah?

Ultimist

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

No offence but you are just as bad as smaragda and your design is close to being almost as bad too.

Says the person with 1 vote, most likely his own. I happen to think my logo is pretty damn cool. It answers the brief and stands out from the logos of other coins.

If you go around to other forums trying to draw others to vote for yours then you are tainting the voting process.

Trying to get votes is tainting the voting process? Wow, I don't think I've read a more ridiculous and asinine statement in my life. A lot of us aren't well known on this forum. We can't be sure who is voting based on bitcointalk reputation vs. those who are actually taking the time to look at the quality of each entry.

Did you even read what I posted? It's right there in the screenshot if you don't want to bother going to that other forum. I asked people to vote for me if they like my logo, and I encouraged them to look at all of the entries, not just mine.

If you think that is unethical, you are just deluding yourself.

Plenty of people in this contest put a lot of hard work into their entries. I think you should keep your comments about the "quality" of people's work to yourself. It's one thing to say a person either should or shouldn't campaign, but to say that someone's work is bad or terrible goes beyond the call of duty. We're not here to insult each other.

It's funny how you seem to have no problem with the abhorrent behaviour of those who appear to take pleasure abusing others on this thread with insults which I think that is really what is childish.

I'm not going to get into all this other arguing you've got going with others, but you need to be called out for your hypocrisy. You think abusing others with insults is childish? Then stop doing it.

barrysoetoro

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:37:39 PM

Leigrecc is totally right. All of the people on this thread that are complaining and accusing others of cheating should be ashamed of themselves. It's pretty pathetic to act like children just because your design isn't currently winning. Grow up and act like adults. You guys' jealousy is making the Quark community look bad.  Undecided

I agree that it is wrong to point absolute accusations of misconduct, especially for one's own benefit. But raising awareness of reasonable suspicion or providing evidence of misconduct is perfectly fine. Quark is not a community of people who are afraid to speak their mind if need be. So it's best not to make such statements that lumps everyone together nor accuse those that are crying fowl that they are only doing so to improve their standing in this competition. It's funny how you seem to have no problem with the abhorrent behaviour of those who appear to take pleasure abusing others on this thread with insults which I think that is really what is childish. Besides... There is nothing to say that everyone on here is even apart of the Quark community. So definitely do not lump negative individuals of this forum into the Quark community just because they made a logo or made a post in this thread.

Altcoincryptographer, I'm not here to argue which is why I haven't named any names or called anyone out. The people acting childish know who they are.
Ultimist

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:15:46 PM

I would keep my opinion to myself if it wasn't for the fact that this thread has become the place for opinions. I am just balancing out all the good ones about yours with some bad ones (I do sincerely dislike your design).

Well, that's the thing. There will be those who will dislike the logo, no matter who wins. Even if a multi-million dollar designer was employed for the task, some people still won't like it. Everyone's taste is different. Look at the windows 8 logo, 4 rectangles set at an angle... someone was paid thousands of dollars for that design... Some people call it simple and elegant. I personally can't stand it, and like the Windows 7 logo much better.

So on that point, I guess all we can say is, to each his own.

Whether I win, or someone else does, there will always be those who aren't happy with the outcome. There's an old saying that tells us we can NEVER please everyone.

By the way, I don't dislike you because you may not care for my design. You're entitled to your opinion.

I hope we can all just stop all this bickering.

The multi-algorithms in Quark can be an analogy of US, coming together with different viewpoints, "hashing" things out (sorry, couldn't resist Tongue), and coming up with something beneficial for everyone.

Can't we all just get along?

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:21:56 PM

Think the OP should just choose a design.........my design  Grin
martijnp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:41:21 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 08:08:36 PM by martijnp

Ok, as expected this voting system is turning out to be a complete fiasco! There are no rules, no guidelines, no qualifications, no legal validations. There is no structure at all!

It's extremely disappointing and even humiliating for designers who have put serious effort in delivering their quality designs.

It's easy to create 100s of email aliases automatically, register an account on BitcoinTalk for each email alias every 6 minutes from the same IP, login with each new account and directly place a vote! No need to write a welcome message in the newbies thread first and wait for three hours.. You can vote instantly! Why not all start doing this? It's great fun! Some of seem to be doing a great job at this already!

We should STOP 'voting' in it's current format NOW, evaluate and properly manage this contest! I'm confident every serious participant is willing to cooperate!

I cannot imagine FlipPro will accept the fact that our 'winner' will be the one delivering most of the 'votes' based on quantity only! The goal was to redefine the current logo and deliver different elements based on this redefined logo.

This logo should be accepted as the new standard by the Quark community. Rules MUST be implemented for it to become accepted! There is a Quark foundation and a Quark community that should be involved, but mostly FlipPro as he initiated the contest and is providing the funds.

@FlipPro, PLEASE let us know your point of view! Quarkfx provided some pretty decent suggestions..

It indeed turned out to be an EPIC vote, but epic in a negative sense! Let's reverse this thing.

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: