Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:49:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34135 times)
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:38:48 PM

I think you should have to pay quarks to vote or some shit. This is fucked

flippro, I almost suggest you cancel this giveaway. I don't see a way to do this with so many fake accounts. not worth giving up your quark. give them to the quark foundation and let them decide how to do this/what to do.

Producer
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:42:06 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 10:05:37 PM by Boxxl

WHAT THE F*CK!!
Is somebody trying to *** me??

Why shut I add a message with BOXXL2?
Everybody knows i'm BOXXL
!!

If i registered a new person It would be john or some other name...
 Angry

quark logo contestant named b---- to quark logo contestant named b-----------, or was it the other way around? meh, whatever ---

whisper whisper, 'hey, you vote for me, and i vote for you - that way we can truthfully claim that we didn't make fake accounts to vote for ourselves -- lol tee hee hee - we can split the prize and walk away CLEAN - little do they know, we faked accounts and voted for each other instead - we're so mighty and clever my friend - tee hee!! plausible deniability FTW!!!!"

"OMG dude, thank goodness no one noticed my reply in this thread as the fake account boxxl2 - oops, i goofed, but you covered it MASTERFULLY! - i thought we were dead and you dismissed it with a cute bit of sarcasm - sheer BRILLIANCE - if i was gay i would SO go down on you right now - tee hee hee!!!! 120k Quark incoming VERY SOON MY FRIEND"

*cough* page 11 *cough*

and you bastards have the nerve to accuse ME of playing games and making fake accounts...

i just fucking got here last night to vote for someone (i'm not telling who, but it was none of the current leaders) and created this account because i was NOT a member here beforehand. i'm not saying i haven't looked around here before, or that i don't know some of you... but i did NOT create this account to make fake votes or however that works - i do not possess the software knowledge to understand how to do proxies to get away with fake accounts - my area of expertise is language (keep comments about my punctuation to yourself, this is a fucking internet forum - i am a published author and i fucking know how to punctuate, i just don't feel like it most of the time, on a forum, so live with it)

you guys missed it, BIG TIME

and lucky for me it happened before I got here

there is no way in hell i could make a fake account and know that such a reply would be made to cover up the mishap -- unless you are going to accuse me of being able to predict the future accurately

go look for yourself, don't take my word for it

*cough* page 11 *cough* THIS THREAD *cough*

a simple one-time exchange between 2 names beginning with b, relevant to this contest and the surge in their accumulated votes overnight

this shit is too good to make up

don't take my word for it, but don't dismiss what i am saying either - i am speaking truth - go look if you have the guts to confront the notion that there isn't just ONE, but MULTIPLE cheaters controlling this contest

*cough* page 11 *cough*

go look for yourself

oh, and there's this:

my (crappy) annotations are in red - just posting this so they can't go back and alter their posts later - i swear on my fucking life here and now that i did not alter this image other than to add the notes, arrow, and lines in RED

of course you will twist it to say that i did it, that i somehow knew ahead of time what to post, so as to elicit such a classic response, or that i hacked their accounts somehow and spoke for them

so once again i will be disbelieved and a couple of cheaters will get away with it

but here's hoping that at least ONE reasonable person sees this post and understands that i am being truthful - i just happened to be reading through it yesterday and noticed it, and i was like WTF?

but, let them win

they have some of you fooled, but not me

No Signature right now...
upekha

Activity: 183

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:44:34 PM

where is the option:
please stay with the original?

NEM - New Economy Movement
sanders.334

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:46:11 PM

Ultimist,
Could you please explain your design to everyone?  Where did the concept come from, what does it mean, etc.?
sanders.334

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:56:31 PM

Boxxl - the same person who created the sock-puppet "AshMasher" also created the Boxxl2 account to smear you...I know exactly who is doing this too...to me it's extremely obvious - I see the SNAKE!  AshMasher pointed out Boxxl2, BC he's the one who did it!  But "AshMasher" is just a sock-puppet of the biggest cheater on here!
upekha

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:59:07 PM

I think you should have to pay quarks to vote or some shit. This is fucked

flippro, I almost suggest you cancel this giveaway. I don't see a way to do this with so many fake accounts. not worth giving up your quark. give them to the quark foundation and let them decide how to do this/what to do.

VOTE FOR CANCELING ^^
120 fake accounts for 10k $ seems like a pretty good deal to me at least.

what is this?
a joke?

upekha

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:12:52 PM

FlipPro,
Firstly, thank you for bringing some order to this nightmare...

Here's my proposal.  We have 45 designers, and let's say we each get 1 vote.  The problem is we all have an urge to vote for ourselves, which would result in 1 vote for each person.  We need to have several rounds of voting, and no one can vote for themselves until the last round (or last two rounds, for example).

For example:

45 designers total:

1st round:  each designer vote for 5 other designers (can't vote for yourself)
then select the top 10 designers with most votes

2nd round:  each designer (all 45) vote for 3 of the remaining 10 designers.
select the top 5 designers with most votes

3rd round:  each designer (all 45) vote for 2 of the remaining 5.
select top 2 designers.

Final Round:  each designer (all 45) vote for 1 of the remain 2 logos.

I feel it's safest we all just write the names in, so we know there is no cheating.  For example:
round 1...I vote for:
1.  Freddy
2.  Tammy
3.  Sally
4.  Jimmy
5.  Frank

Also, I doubt all 45 designers will vote, so make sure people aren't cheating by creating an account and masquerading as one of the absent designers.  I've noticed a few people on this forum are very talented at creating sock puppets - it's pathetic, really.

Also, no more petitioning, "vote for me".  Each person, look at the google doc and select 5 names, then 3 names, etc.  

This is my general concept, feel free to modify the number of rounds or the number of votes, etc. if you please.

Again, FlipPro, thank you for stepping-in...I was really starting to lose hope in homo-sapiens in general.

sanders334

that seems fair to me^^

Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:17:34 PM

So many choices, yet very little variation in who seems to be garnering the greatest number of votes. I am completely confused as to how that happens. There are so many good entries. Could it be because those of us currently in the lead are listed on the first page of the Google document?

I'm not trying to be cute. Why are the votes stacking up in such a way? It's not following any sort of bell curve.

I have to ask everyone to look at all of the logos. There are more choices than just the top 3.

As the current leader (not bragging, this standing most likely will not last much longer) I would like to throw out a proposal to the current top 2 behind myself.

In my opinion, and I'm sure you both will agree, an absolutely *massive* number of great entries are being overlooked as we rise further and further above the others. I like both of your submissions. Mine is clearly the weakest of the 3, but I'm in the lead nonetheless, simply on the strength of my campaigning efforts alone.

So as the current leader, what I would like to propose is that we 3 sacrifice our voting leads to bring the next 5 entries below ours (in total votes) UP in the rankings, equal to our own... an 8-way tie... and then let the voting proceed from there. FlipPro could easily start a new poll to replace this one.

Just browsing over the past few pages it is clear to me that things have gotten out of hand, and we can stop it right now if you both will agree to do this with me. This is not really a fair contest to the other entrants. We 3 have been dominating this beyond all reason, and I think it is time for us to show some gratitude and sportsmanship.

This is a sincere offer. FlipPro, please feel free to disqualify me immediately, if I ask even once to renege on this deal we are about to make. I just feel that some outstanding work in this contest is going largely unnoticed, and I abhor injustice.  I suppose we could just start ALL over but that wouldn't necessarily be fair to those of us who have managed to move ahead of the others. And no offense to those beautiful entries either... as I previously stated, the way the votes are falling is completely strange to me. Utterly inexplicable.

I will only agree to this, though, if both boxxl and barrysoetoro will also agree to it. So what do you say guys, shall we do the right thing and bring up the frontrunners from amongst our competitors, and give them a much fairer shot at winning this for their outstanding work?

Come on, friends, you know in your hearts you want to make this a fair shake for all involved.

And before the criticism and flaming of me starts, for this, I am not pretending to be better than anyone. I am not claiming to be more "sportsmanlike" than the others if they refuse my offer. I am doing this for one reason alone, and you can take this for what it is worth. I am doing this, truly, because I want the others' work to get noticed, and VOTED FOR.

It is simply ridiculous that out of hundreds of possibilities, us 3 have risen so far above the others. Both of your designs are excellent. Mine is mediocre but I worked my butt off to practically beg people on all my forums to vote for me. So I am NOT insinuating anything about your work, either.

But the truth of the matter is, and I am sure you will agree with me here as well, your 2 designs are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to brilliant, beautiful designs represented in this contest.

Will you both agree with me to even out the votes for the top 8, to give the others a fair shot?

Again, FlipPro, and anyone who reads this, feel free to insist on my disqualification if I even attempt to renege on this deal at any point. I am fully prepared to put my money where my mouth is.

But as I said, I will only agree to this if the other top 2 will agree to do it with me, in the interest of giving more people a fighting chance. My lead will not last much longer, and most likely, I will not be garnering many more votes because I have ceased and desisted from all campaigning. Further, I have asked those who already know of my entry in this contest NOT to vote for me, if they haven't already.

So, boxxl and barrysoetoro... can we do this? Please say Yes, for the triumph of fairness and goodness over their opposites.

(Now I will post this and take the heat for it, as I am certain that I will be accused of insincerity, having something up my sleeve, or worse.)

barrysoetoro

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:27:40 PM

So many choices, yet very little variation in who seems to be garnering the greatest number of votes. I am completely confused as to how that happens. There are so many good entries. Could it be because those of us currently in the lead are listed on the first page of the Google document?

I'm not trying to be cute. Why are the votes stacking up in such a way? It's not following any sort of bell curve.

I have to ask everyone to look at all of the logos. There are more choices than just the top 3.

As the current leader (not bragging, this standing most likely will not last much longer) I would like to throw out a proposal to the current top 2 behind myself.

In my opinion, and I'm sure you both will agree, an absolutely *massive* number of great entries are being overlooked as we rise further and further above the others. I like both of your submissions. Mine is clearly the weakest of the 3, but I'm in the lead nonetheless, simply on the strength of my campaigning efforts alone.

So as the current leader, what I would like to propose is that we 3 sacrifice our voting leads to bring the next 5 entries below ours (in total votes) UP in the rankings, equal to our own... an 8-way tie... and then let the voting proceed from there. FlipPro could easily start a new poll to replace this one.

Just browsing over the past few pages it is clear to me that things have gotten out of hand, and we can stop it right now if you both will agree to do this with me. This is not really a fair contest to the other entrants. We 3 have been dominating this beyond all reason, and I think it is time for us to show some gratitude and sportsmanship.

This is a sincere offer. FlipPro, please feel free to disqualify me immediately, if I ask even once to renege on this deal we are about to make. I just feel that some outstanding work in this contest is going largely unnoticed, and I abhor injustice.  I suppose we could just start ALL over but that wouldn't necessarily be fair to those of us who have managed to move ahead of the others. And no offense to those beautiful entries either... as I previously stated, the way the votes are falling is completely strange to me. Utterly inexplicable.

I will only agree to this, though, if both boxxl and barrysoetoro will also agree to it. So what do you say guys, shall we do the right thing and bring up the frontrunners from amongst our competitors, and give them a much fairer shot at winning this for their outstanding work?

Come on, friends, you know in your hearts you want to make this a fair shake for all involved.

And before the criticism and flaming of me starts, for this, I am not pretending to be better than anyone. I am not claiming to be more "sportsmanlike" than the others if they refuse my offer. I am doing this for one reason alone, and you can take this for what it is worth. I am doing this, truly, because I want the others' work to get noticed, and VOTED FOR.

It is simply ridiculous that out of hundreds of possibilities, us 3 have risen so far above the others. Both of your designs are excellent. Mine is mediocre but I worked my butt off to practically beg people on all my forums to vote for me. So I am NOT insinuating anything about your work, either.

But the truth of the matter is, and I am sure you will agree with me here as well, your 2 designs are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to brilliant, beautiful designs represented in this contest.

Will you both agree with me to even out the votes for the top 8, to give the others a fair shot?

Again, FlipPro, and anyone who reads this, feel free to insist on my disqualification if I even attempt to renege on this deal at any point. I am fully prepared to put my money where my mouth is.

But as I said, I will only agree to this if the other top 2 will agree to do it with me, in the interest of giving more people a fighting chance. My lead will not last much longer, and most likely, I will not be garnering many more votes because I have ceased and desisted from all campaigning. Further, I have asked those who already know of my entry in this contest NOT to vote for me, if they haven't already.

So, boxxl and barrysoetoro... can we do this? Please say Yes, for the triumph of fairness and goodness over their opposites.

(Now I will post this and take the heat for it, as I am certain that I will be accused of insincerity, having something up my sleeve, or worse.)

@Ultimist, I agree with what you're trying to do however I'm not sure your solution is going to fix the problem. For example, let says we cleared out all of the votes and started over..who's to say people won't start accusing others of cheating once voting resumes?
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:36:43 PM

Share the price with the 5 top designers and let the dev choose.
Is this a good option?

No Signature right now...
Ultimist

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:42:25 PM

@Ultimist, I agree with what you're trying to do however I'm not sure your solution is going to fix the problem. For example, let says we cleared out all of the votes and started over..who's to say people won't start accusing others of cheating once voting resumes?

Hmm, extremely valid point. I've just been tossing ideas around all day, in my head, trying to figure out to make this fair. Can you honestly look at your number of votes, and then compare it to some of the really good designs that have 1 or 2 votes, or even ZERO, and say that your work is THAT order of magnitude better than theirs?

I can't, for mine or yours (no offense, I truly love your design and it is certainly deserving of a top spot, if not THE top spot) - I'm just saying that there is mediocre (mine)...fair (a few here and there) and excellent (yours, boxxl's, and MANY others)

There is this weird, massive discrepancy between quality of work and number of votes acquired. In all honesty I can't feel good about holding the lead against this MOUNTAIN of exceptional design work.

So after thinking for a good while, I thought of this.

Doesn't solve everything, but it does allow for a fresh start, pays heed to those below us who received a fair number of votes, and puts an end to this thread of treachery, accusation, innuendo, and the like.

Or better yet... what about this: We 3 as the front runners collectively ask FlipPro to change the prize from 120,000 QRK to 1000?

Still a nice little prize for the winner, but I think the prize (as it stands NOW) is far too high.

Don't get me wrong, if I won I wouldn't refuse it... but even past that I can see that it is an absurd amount for a logo contest, given the current value of QRK.

barrysoetoro

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:42:31 PM

IMO the voting process isn't the problem, it's (SOME OF) the participants that are the problem. There are way to many people on here trolling each other, accusing each other of cheating and just being assholes in general. I know you've spent tons of time marketing yourself over at HackForums and thats totally OK. I've also made countless posts to Facebook, Twitter, gotten my friends to vote for me, asked family to vote for me, gotten co-workers to vote and etc... and I'm sure everyone else is doing the exact same thing. It's called marketing yourself and it would be stupid not to do that if you're involved in a contest.

KJO

Activity: 173

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:45:04 PM

Forget about this contest boys, it is over.

Rigged votes have screwed everyone over and this contest is totally void.

Nobody from quark's team has anything to do with this contest so Smagmatilda, you can shut it.

FlipPro....Like I said if you really want to help quark, then help fund a viral marketing campaign with your quarks. This is what quark needs right now, not an overpriced logo.

BoxxL....bro you do good work. I would hire you anytime and may indeed approach you in the future about possible projects.

NO more fighting, no more bickering please.

IT IS OVER.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:49:05 PM

Is this a good option?

That's a decent option, but still I think the prize amount should be massively reduced.

Let's see...

What about...

2500 QRK for 1st.
1500 QRK for 2nd
750 QRK for 3rd
500 for 4th
250 for 5th

barrysoetoro

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:50:09 PM

That is the answer. Canceling the contest is unfair to everyone involved.
barrysoetoro

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:54:43 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 11:04:48 PM by barrysoetoro

Is this a good option?

That's a decent option, but still I think the prize amount should be massively reduced.

Let's see...

What about...

2500 QRK for 1st.
1500 QRK for 2nd
750 QRK for 3rd
500 for 4th
250 for 5th

I disagree. The bounty is worth around 10k at current Quark prices. $10,000 for a logo isn't that ridiculous in the design world. Design firms will charge at least $7,500 for a logo design and to top it off it's not like the bounty is paid in USD. The federal government could pass regulations tomorrow that cause every crypto to tank in price. If that happened and Quark went down to $.001, then the bounty would only be worth around $1000 dollars. A total waste of time for every designer here. It's still a gamble either way.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:08:24 PM

Can't believe flip pro is giving 120,000 QRK away for a logo. He should have given 20,000 for the logo and 100,000 into awesome projects. Then again back then 120,000 was worth less than it is now, he should have stated the prize in $. What if Quark was at $1 each right now lol
martijnp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:32:54 PM

Ok, let's clear up a few things.

We've now reached the point where even the 'scammers' realize this all isn't turning out the way it was supposed to be and that it's an illusion to claim a price of 120k by ridiculing themselves.

Many of us prefer to keep the logo as is. I agree to a certain point!

Basically it is too late to change the logo. It would be a huge mistake, it's a very strong logo!
The current design of the logo has it's flaws but they can be resolved.

We should reconsider the following actions for logo/branding:
- Rescaling (reproportioning) the elements in current logo (current one looks 'bloated')
- Implementing a modern flat single-colored logo design. Current logo contains too many colors which is problematic for scaling etc. (colorful variations can be then be made available in subsets, based on color themes)
- Providing vector files for each logo/branding/subset element
- Implementing standardized subsets of logo/branding (accepted here buttons, charms, physical coins, banners etc)
- Implementing standardized colors themes (For example smashed colors to give it a retro/earthy/grassroots feeling)
- Implementing standard text/font layout for Quark matching the logo style

I've used my concepts to introduce additions to the current redesigned logo. The Q around the logo (boxxl also adopted this). These additions can have different meanings/functions, a wallet for instance. IMO this is a very interesting concept that no other crypto is using.

We should use the generous funding of FlipPro as a budget, managed by the Quark foundation, to deliver a standardized logo/branding set based on the current logo. By leveraging standardized logo/branding elements for everyone's use we can help grow Quark to reach higher maturity. Cool t-shirt designs, posters, banners, buttons, color sets, coins etc.

We now have an entity (Quark foundation) that is able to properly initiate and manage this logo/branding project which, in my opinion should be an ongoing thing. I'm positive the dev team will adopt a high quality logo/branding for Quark based on the current logo.

For this a small designer/branding team should be formed by the foundation. The team should work together to provide the best possible branding for Quark!!!

As a designer participating in this 'contest' I ask FlipPro to consider the above.

To any other serious participant: I suggest you do the same!

Thanks!

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:57:20 PM

Basically it is too late to change the logo. It would be a huge mistake, it's a very strong logo!
The current design of the logo has it's flaws but they can be resolved.

I disagree. It's not too late to change the log. It's never too late to change the logo. Lot's of the logos look alot fresher than the original - which looks like something from a Dharma Initiative hatch.

However it needs to be called just Quark - Not Quark Coin!!!!!!!!  Smiley
KJO

Activity: 173

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:59:22 PM

That is the answer. Canceling the contest is unfair to everyone involved.

Fraud renders an offer void. That is basic contracts at its most fundamental level.

You are right it is unfair but that is exactly what must be done. Turn your ire towards the liable parties who have ruined it for everyone else.

Remember that story about the king who cut his children's toy in half to render it unusable as they fought over it? That is what is going on here.

AS it stands, the orig offer must be voided.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: