Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:43:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
barrysoetoro

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:07:59 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 12:47:39 AM by barrysoetoro

Ok, let's clear up a few things.

We've now reached the point where even the 'scammers' realize this all isn't turning out the way it was supposed to be and that it's an illusion to claim a price of 120k by ridiculing themselves.

Many of us prefer to keep the logo as is. I agree to a certain point!

Basically it is too late to change the logo. It would be a huge mistake, it's a very strong logo!
The current design of the logo has it's flaws but they can be resolved.

We should reconsider the following actions for logo/branding:
- Rescaling (reproportioning) the elements in current logo (current one looks 'bloated')
- Implementing a modern flat single-colored logo design. Current logo contains too many colors which is problematic for scaling etc. (colorful variations can be then be made available in subsets, based on color themes)
- Providing vector files for each logo/branding/subset element
- Implementing standardized subsets of logo/branding (accepted here buttons, charms, physical coins, banners etc)
- Implementing standardized colors themes (For example smashed colors to give it a retro/earthy/grassroots feeling)
- Implementing standard text/font layout for Quark matching the logo style

I've used my concepts to introduce additions to the current redesigned logo. The Q around the logo (boxxl also adopted this). These additions can have different meanings/functions, a wallet for instance. IMO this is a very interesting concept that no other crypto is using.

We should use the generous funding of FlipPro as a budget, managed by the Quark foundation, to deliver a standardized logo/branding set based on the current logo. By leveraging standardized logo/branding elements for everyone's use we can help grow Quark to reach higher maturity. Cool t-shirt designs, posters, banners, buttons, color sets, coins etc.

We now have an entity (Quark foundation) that is able to properly initiate and manage this logo/branding project which, in my opinion should be an ongoing thing. I'm positive the dev team will adopt a high quality logo/branding for Quark based on the current logo.

For this a small designer/branding team should be formed by the foundation. The team should work together to provide the best possible branding for Quark!!!

As a designer participating in this 'contest' I ask FlipPro to consider the above.

To any other serious participant: I suggest you do the same!

Thanks!

@martinjp, I respectively disagree.

I'm sure everyone here (including you!) has spent countless hours trying to come up with an awesome new logo for Quark. And while you may not care about it being shutdown (as your logo has already been used by some other people), I'm sure others do, including myself.

@FlipPro, This contest was months and months in the making and to see it shut down (barely 1/2 way through) would be disappointing to say the least.

IMO the contest should continue as originally planned. Every user in this contest knew that all the logos would be voted on at the end, by popular opinion.

The fact that people have been trolling since day one is not a valid reason to cancel the entire contest.
barrysoetoro

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:14:08 AM

This vote has been totally compromised and should be nulled. Obviously, Smaragda is using proxies to vote his logo into the winners circle.

Look man, no offense to you and your design but this is not the way to win. It is akin to stealing 120K qrk and  leaving the entire quark community holding the bag with an inferior design for a logo.

I know a good logo when I see one and that is not it. Yes it is nice to look at in an archaic dungeons and dragons sort of way but it does not portray quark in the right light.

I feel bad for saying this stuff because I know as an artist myself how much work goes into the design process but this is a not a free-market vote. Smaragda is rigging the voting apparatus. There is nothing that justifies this insane lead in voting based on what I see with my own eyes.

I am trying to protect quark's image and our investments in it but you are playing games trying to collect with only your own interests in mind.

FORK THIS VOTE NOW. I am sickened by this treachery.

BOXXL - you nailed it. That logo is stunning. Its simplicity speaks volumes.

@KJO, You were one of the original users that started this mess. You criticized smaragda back when he/she only had 20 votes and you even accused them of cheating. Your statements were totally uncalled for and unsubstantiated.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:37:52 AM

Ultimist,
Could you please explain your design to everyone?  Where did the concept come from, what does it mean, etc.?

My apologies. I was in the middle of creating this response when the opportunity for DINNER presented itself, and since I was starving, I could not resist.

Let's start with the Q. It's not from a font. I looked at a gazillion fonts and couldn't find a capital Q that I particularly liked (at least for this usage) so I decided to make my own.

The design evolved over time. I took some time to memorize the brief, the goals of Quark's creators, valuable insights and other information shared by people across several forums, and just what I thought (and everyone's taste is different) looked good. Art is, after all, purely subjective. No sensible artist would claim otherwise. One man's chrome text or weird squiggly font is another man's eye poison, and that's just how it is.Tongue

As I thought about quark, and what it is scientifically, the age-old atom symbol came to mind... it's probably the first thing that came to many people's minds, actually.  I debated whether such a common symbol would be appropriate, and decided that it would. For the most part, the atom symbol is instantly recognizable, it inspires curiosity, expands one's thoughts (inwardly expanding, not contraction) from the macro to the micro (and even further for quark).

So I felt the atom symbol was the ideal embodiment... but then I had the problem, how to integrate it with the Q?

I thought the atom symbol would be most appropriate in the center of the Q, and that's when I designed the 3 layer structure of the Q itself. There are 2 sides to every coin, so 3 of the 6 hashing algorithms would be represented on each side, for a total of 6. I actually never got to submit the reverse side of my coin, so it will most likely gather digital dust on my hard drive until I do another spring cleaning on my system here in a month or so.

But still, how to connect the atom so it makes sense with the design?

Then i thought, instead of a closed Q, make it open, make it subtly like an inwardly spiraling fractal... point the leg of the Q inward, toward the center of the atom... to make a statement.... good stuff awaits you in the tiny yet EXPANSIVE realm of the Quark Smiley

And so the shape of the Q changed in a vector design i was working on, and a preliminary version of the odd-shaped Q present in my submitted logos was born.

From there I decided to play around with the 3 layers of the Q, to get them just so... and it occurred to me that the center layer could also serve as negative space to give a double-line "currency" element (albeit very subtle) to the design. The limited number of variations I submitted have that center present, absent, colored slightly differently from the rest of the Q, or serving as negative space... just to give the general idea of what can be done with the logo through color changes, layer order and placement, etc... there are a gazillion more possible variations i could have included but i elected to be kind to anyone having to endure my submissions, and so i selected a base of just a few differing styles, as a personal choice, so as to avoid clogging up the thread over at quarktalk with a 14-mile-long post. When presenting things on the web it is quite important, actually, to be considerate of the human eye, and the value of ample white space to give the eyes a break wherever and whenever possible... as any designer would be happy to tell you.

Lots of tinkering, adjusting, etc., for a couple of days... and then I decided to see what the Q (with and without atomic center) looked like against various colors and backgrounds... that's when i elected to include the single variation where the atom appears more like a star. The star version, I feel, makes the same implication, as it touches the right rods and cones within the eye to impress and "light up" the image of an atom in the conscious human brain. So many design considerations, to... consider, lol.

The font for the letters "uark" is a very slightly modified version of Teuton Fett, a gorgeous commercial font I accidentally purchased about a year ago. I meant to purchase a different one but my browser was acting up and thus, Teuton Fett was my order for the day, lol... But to my surprise, I actually ended up loving the font for what it is. When I decided to enter this contest, Teuton Fett was my first and only choice for the lettering. Not everyone will agree with me, but I absolutely adore that font. It is modern, elegant, and just a hint of something futuristic.

That reminds me, I wanted the angle and pitch of the Q leg, and the way they all sit upon the base line, to match the lower right of the lowercase u and a... so I made sure of that.

From there it was a matter of deciding font size, kerning, leading, color scheme examples, whether to go for cheesy plastic phong or glimmering metal, or somewhere in between... then a quick and dirty coin upon which I could drop my lovely metallic Q... uploaded them, hit submit... and here we all are.

Thank you for asking me about this. It is always fun for me to reflect on all the elements that go into my designs that may not be apparent to the untrained eye. Wink

KJO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:47:28 AM

This vote has been totally compromised and should be nulled. Obviously, Smaragda is using proxies to vote his logo into the winners circle.

Look man, no offense to you and your design but this is not the way to win. It is akin to stealing 120K qrk and  leaving the entire quark community holding the bag with an inferior design for a logo.

I know a good logo when I see one and that is not it. Yes it is nice to look at in an archaic dungeons and dragons sort of way but it does not portray quark in the right light.

I feel bad for saying this stuff because I know as an artist myself how much work goes into the design process but this is a not a free-market vote. Smaragda is rigging the voting apparatus. There is nothing that justifies this insane lead in voting based on what I see with my own eyes.

I am trying to protect quark's image and our investments in it but you are playing games trying to collect with only your own interests in mind.

@KJO, You were one of the original users that started this mess. You criticized smaragda back when he/she only had 20 votes and you even accused them of cheating. Your statements were totally uncalled for and unsubstantiated.

Please outline the chain of title to placing blame on me for pointing out the voter fraud.

Go ahead.

Unsubstantiated? You mean back when smagardilla had a 35% lead on the next design even though his design is "not the best" and it was clear voter fraud had occurred?

I appreciate your comments however you need to zoom out. You fail to mention I have no design in this contest and  I am not a party to this mess. Nor do you mention the fact that smagmatillia attacked me for raising the issue calling me a troll for not supporting his design and calling out the voter fraud.

Original user? I do not even understand what you mean by that. Original user of what?

UNsubstantiated and uncalled for? If anything my friend, it shows I was right to call it out....look at this bloody mess of fraud and greed.

Go ahead mate, show me the chain of title.

barrysoetoro

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:54:54 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 01:09:07 AM by barrysoetoro

Please outline the chain of title to placing blame on me for pointing out the voter fraud.

Go ahead.

Unsubstantiated? You mean back when smagardilla had a 35% lead on the next design even though his design is "not the best" and it was clear voter fraud had occurred?

I appreciate your comments however you need to zoom out. You fail to mention I have no design in this contest and  I am not a party to this mess. Nor do you mention the fact that smagmatillia attacked me for raising the issue calling me a troll for not supporting his design and calling out the voter fraud.

Original user? I do not even understand what you mean by that. Original user of what?

UNsubstantiated and uncalled for? If anything my friend, it shows I was right to call it out....look at this bloody mess of fraud and greed.

@KJO, Having 35% of the lead when the leader only had 20 votes total is not significant and it's definitely not evidence that anyone is cheating.

I don't necessary care for Smaragda's logo but it's wrong to say that they cheated so early in the contest with so little votes.

If Smaragda had 500 votes in the first day then yeah that's kinda sketchy but that's not the case.

These are the types of ridiculous accusations that are running rampant in this thread.
KJO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:13:26 AM

Go ahead.

@KJO, Having 35% of the lead when the leader only had 20 votes total is not substantial evidence that anyone is cheating and it's honestly laughable.

I don't necessary care for Smaragda's logo but it'swrong to say that they cheated so early in the contest with so little votes.

If Smaragda had 500 votes in the first day then yeah that's kinda sketchy but that's not the case.

These are the types of ridiculous accusations that are running rampant in this thread.

I already asked you for your proof of claim, where is it?

Or are empty accusations from you all I get?

You say I am to blame for calling out the fraud...you are a nutjob. A hypocritical nutjob.

Your frivolous claim that I somehow hold liability in this mess is very telling of someone who is too blind to see and too deaf to hear any truth.

You are blind. Face it, you are just pissed that the prize money is gone and you need a punching bag.

I am not that punching bag.

It is obvious to everyone smagmadillo was spamming for votes. It's all over the quark boards but since it is apparent you did not know this, I can only assume you have never been to qrk.cc.

IN any event, I am still waiting for any proof of claim for your absurd diatribe and ludicrous accusations.

Go head, I'm still waiting on that chain of title while your face turns blue.

barrysoetoro

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:17:58 AM

Go ahead.

@KJO, Having 35% of the lead when the leader only had 20 votes total is not substantial evidence that anyone is cheating and it's honestly laughable.

I don't necessary care for Smaragda's logo but it'swrong to say that they cheated so early in the contest with so little votes.

I already asked you for your proof of claim, where is it?

Or are empty accusations from you all I get?

You say I am to blame for calling out the fraud...you are a nutjob. A hypocritical nutjob.

Your frivolous claim that I somehow hold liability in this mess is very telling of someone who is too blind to see and too deaf to hear any truth.

You are blind. Face it, you are just pissed that the prize money is gone and you need a punching bag.

I am not that punching bag.

It is obvious to everyone smagmadillo was spamming for votes. It's all over the quark boards but since it is apparent you did not know this, I can only assume you have never been to qrk.cc.

IN any event, I am still waiting for any proof of claim for your absurd diatribe and ludicrous accusations.

Go head, I'm still waiting on that chain of title while your face turns blue.

@KJO, Who cares if Smaragda was asking for votes!? You're supposed to do that! Why in the world would anyone join a voting contest and not ask other people to vote for them?
Ashmasser

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:04:05 AM

ooooh a sting operation

this is gonna be good!

***grabs plenty o' popcorn***

***gets ready for show to begin***

places everyone!
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:28:44 AM

Imho the contest must not be canceled entirely. Too much work and energy has been spent by too many talented designers. The final choice won´t necessarily change the design used by the foundation but still it is an important competition for the community.

I understand the reservations towards a reboot of the votation given the fact that people were waiting for this vote for a long time, but this cannot be the decisive argument if the vote turns out to be unfair or a mere question of mobilization. To reconsider the proceeding is not, like some seem to argue, a contradiction and betrayal of the participants and the community or an attempt to impose own interests, it is rather the attempt to save the result from being worthless in the long run. This poll may close as it is - but what will the result be worth if people have constant arguments about whether or not the other cheated?

To prevent arguments and to raise the acceptance of the competition it is crucial to have a robust set of rules that is most likely to prevent misconduct - currently I don´t see that. The organizer splitted the vote into a public vote and a vote of the participants, which makes it less likely to be manipulated. However, as the vote of the participants hasn´t been conducted yet, participants are technically able to vote strategically with the result of the public vote in mind. To me that is inaceptable. The vote needs to be made in advance and it needs to be secret until the public vote ends.

This is only one flaw of the current proceeding. There are others like the fact that contributions aren´t standardized and therefore hard to compare. In some cases people don´t know what they are voting for because there are different logos. In other cases participants only created a logo but no different scenarios of use that are pretty important to decide whether the use makes sense.

On page 6 I suggested a two-step votation and an appropriate presentation of the contributions. In general I don´t think that the organizer should decide but rather - as FlipPro said himself - the participants of the competition in mutual agreement.  
barrysoetoro

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:43:46 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 02:56:58 AM by barrysoetoro

In general I don´t think that the organizer should decide but rather - as FlipPro said himself - the participants of the competition in mutual agreement.  

@Quarkfx, art is subjective and everyone has their own opinion. So to have all participants be in mutual agreement is impossible.

The ones who are trolling knew the contest was going to include a final vote to determine the winner and not a single one of them had a problem with it until they weren't winning.

Shutting the competition down because a handful of people can't act like adults is not the right decision.

Nothing has changed since this contest started and whoever has the popular vote on February 8th should take the prize as originally intended, even Smaragda.  Shocked
quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:18:29 AM

@barrysoetoro

Your attitude of lumping together all those who have a problem with the carrying out of the vote is childish. I am neither participating not having a problem with anyone to win or loose. I think the conditions turn out to be contraproductive for the intentional idea of the contest. I don´t mind if you disagree but I´d like to ask you to be at least that tolerant to not randomly accuse everyone who doesnt agree with you of trolling.

"So to have all participants be in mutual agreement is impossible."

I didnt say it was possible, I only said that IF there are changes there SHOULD be mutual agreement...sigh
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:46:40 AM

Ok, let's clear up a few things.

We've now reached the point where even the 'scammers' realize this all isn't turning out the way it was supposed to be and that it's an illusion to claim a price of 120k by ridiculing themselves.

Many of us prefer to keep the logo as is. I agree to a certain point!

Basically it is too late to change the logo. It would be a huge mistake, it's a very strong logo!
The current design of the logo has it's flaws but they can be resolved.

We should reconsider the following actions for logo/branding:
- Rescaling (reproportioning) the elements in current logo (current one looks 'bloated')
- Implementing a modern flat single-colored logo design. Current logo contains too many colors which is problematic for scaling etc. (colorful variations can be then be made available in subsets, based on color themes)
- Providing vector files for each logo/branding/subset element
- Implementing standardized subsets of logo/branding (accepted here buttons, charms, physical coins, banners etc)
- Implementing standardized colors themes (For example smashed colors to give it a retro/earthy/grassroots feeling)
- Implementing standard text/font layout for Quark matching the logo style

I've used my concepts to introduce additions to the current redesigned logo. The Q around the logo (boxxl also adopted this). These additions can have different meanings/functions, a wallet for instance. IMO this is a very interesting concept that no other crypto is using.

We should use the generous funding of FlipPro as a budget, managed by the Quark foundation, to deliver a standardized logo/branding set based on the current logo. By leveraging standardized logo/branding elements for everyone's use we can help grow Quark to reach higher maturity. Cool t-shirt designs, posters, banners, buttons, color sets, coins etc.

We now have an entity (Quark foundation) that is able to properly initiate and manage this logo/branding project which, in my opinion should be an ongoing thing. I'm positive the dev team will adopt a high quality logo/branding for Quark based on the current logo.

For this a small designer/branding team should be formed by the foundation. The team should work together to provide the best possible branding for Quark!!!

As a designer participating in this 'contest' I ask FlipPro to consider the above.

To any other serious participant: I suggest you do the same!

Thanks!

I like this post, thanks for putting Quark first Martijn.

I have said this before and I'll say it again, I'm looking for community consensus.

For all intent and purposes this is the communities bounty.

If the community would rather take this money (which was worth alot less when I started the bounty), and use it for more productive causes, I am ALL FOR IT!

I will not however go against community consensus.

It's up to you folks to figure out what we're going to do!
murt9000

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:24:07 AM

I have said this before and I'll say it again, I'm looking for community consensus.

If the community would rather take this money (which was worth alot less when I started the bounty), and use it for more productive causes, I am ALL FOR IT!

FlipPro, I think the what has frustrated people the most in this contest is the lack of organisation and consistency in how it has been managed. I am completely out of the running in the vote so I am only speaking in the interest of fairness for the others that worked as hard as I did.

I think your responsibilities to the contest are to set clear rules and expectations and to stick to your commitments.

Initially the contest was the design "a new logo" for Quarkcoin. This is a clear requirement.

After a while, and remember that many contestants had already made their submissions based on the brief that was given, some additional requirements were set, to include various other embodiments of the logo. This was buried in the thread and was missed by many contestants. Not an ideal situation but you are running this contest and you have stated that these are requirements for a valid submission.

Then as we approached the deadline there was mention of a community vote. I was surprised by this development. I don't think it was mentioned previously and I'm not sure I would have entered the contest at all on that basis. I thought it was a bizarre decision that the contestants should have the most influence in selecting the winner and immediately assumed there would be vote rigging. I expected that a winner would be selected by the contest organiser or a panel of judges soon after the deadline had passed. But again, you made a commitment to award the prize based to the winner of the vote.

I have no issue with the vote switching from Quarktalk to Bitcointalk, it's an unfortunate situation that added some confusion to the mix but completely outside of your control.

Finally, I only found the link for the vote by chance yesterday. i may be wrong but I don't think it was linked from the original thread. I think that may be why so many entries have no votes at all. I think a lot of the designers don't even know that a vote has taken place. In my opinion the voting has not been organised or communicated well.

So, you have made a few commitments and as the organiser of this contest you have a responsibility to live up to them. Anything less would be irresponsible and unfair to the contestants. I don't think the result will be ideal for Quarkcoin or the community at this stage but that is the end product of mismanaging the contest. It can't be corrected by pulling out of your commitments. It's an unfortunate situation but you need to ask yourself how much your word is worth now. That is the most that can be salvaged at this stage.

murt9000

KoinMaster

Activity: 323

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:34:58 AM

TO VIEW ALL THE ENTRIES PLEASE CLICK ON THE DOCUMENT BELOW.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y4aEU57UUbQ4McBPNYZK8ydzwrCCpOBBK5ikevdB0Aw/edit?pli=1

Voting ends on 2/8/2014 - Winner gets 120,000.00 QRK!

The links in the document don't work.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:45:38 AM

FlipPro, I think the what has frustrated people the most in this contest is the lack of organisation and consistency in how it has been managed. I am completely out of the running in the vote so I am only speaking in the interest of fairness for the others that worked as hard as I did.

I think your responsibilities to the contest are to set clear rules and expectations and to stick to your commitments.

Initially the contest was the design "a new logo" for Quarkcoin. This is a clear requirement.

After a while, and remember that many contestants had already made their submissions based on the brief that was given, some additional requirements were set, to include various other embodiments of the logo. This was buried in the thread and was missed by many contestants. Not an ideal situation but you are running this contest and you have stated that these are requirements for a valid submission.

Then as we approached the deadline there was mention of a community vote. I was surprised by this development. I don't think it was mentioned previously and I'm not sure I would have entered the contest at all on that basis. I thought it was a bizarre decision that the contestants should have the most influence in selecting the winner and immediately assumed there would be vote rigging. I expected that a winner would be selected by the contest organiser or a panel of judges soon after the deadline had passed. But again, you made a commitment to award the prize based to the winner of the vote.

I have no issue with the vote switching from Quarktalk to Bitcointalk, it's an unfortunate situation that added some confusion to the mix but completely outside of your control.

Finally, I only found the link for the vote by chance yesterday. i may be wrong but I don't think it was linked from the original thread. I think that may be why so many entries have no votes at all. I think a lot of the designers don't even know that a vote has taken place. In my opinion the voting has not been organised or communicated well.

So, you have made a few commitments and as the organiser of this contest you have a responsibility to live up to them. Anything less would be irresponsible and unfair to the contestants. I don't think the result will be ideal for Quarkcoin or the community at this stage but that is the end product of mismanaging the contest. It can't be corrected by pulling out of your commitments. It's an unfortunate situation but you need to ask yourself how much your word is worth now. That is the most that can be salvaged at this stage.

murt9000

Thanks for your smart words Murt.

I can see why changing the rules now would be unfair.

4 more days for the vote to be finished.

Lets see where things go.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:47:25 AM

TO VIEW ALL THE ENTRIES PLEASE CLICK ON THE DOCUMENT BELOW.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y4aEU57UUbQ4McBPNYZK8ydzwrCCpOBBK5ikevdB0Aw/edit?pli=1

Voting ends on 2/8/2014 - Winner gets 120,000.00 QRK!

The links in the document don't work.
Links are working for me please point to which links isn't working.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:37:45 PM

I gotta admit, some of the posts in this thread are worth the bounty.

So much lulz.

We're running this one till the end boys...

PS. Contestants can promote this vote ANYWHERE.

Ashmasser

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:07:22 PM

there is a disease plaguing someone on this thread -- specifically, the starter of this poll himself, the OP, none other than our lovely FlipPro.

what disease is he suffering from, you may ask?

evidently there is a new strain of intermittent SCHIZOPHRENIA that has decided to target a SINGLE HOST in the entire fucking universe!

here's my evidence:

and then this, only TWO FUCKING HOURS LATER:

I can see why changing the rules now would be unfair.

listen guys, you may think of me as a worthless TROLL, but honestly, doesn't wishy-washy crap such as the above, from the contest organizer himself, make you want to pull out EVERY FUCKING HAIR IN YOUR HEAD?

come on FlipPro -- you committed to this fucking contest and you are making a bigger fool out of yourself as every day passes

I simply CANNOT be the only one who has noticed this back-and-forth bullshit you are pulling

if you do not go through with this vote and pay the fucking winner in full, you are going to EMBARRASS Quark and yourself BEYOND ALL REPAIR

MY FUCKING GOD!!!

for the sake of all that is good and holy would you just COMMIT to this god-damned endeavor that YOU STARTED and ride it through to the end like a FUCKING MAN instead of a passive-aggressive and extremely unstable MENTAL PATIENT who escaped the ward!

"I don't know what to do"
"Changing it now would be unfair."
"I don't know what to do, again."
"But I made this contest and I have to stick with it."
"Johnny 5 needs INNNNPUUUUUUTTT"
"Somebody please tell me what to do."
"Let's just ride this thing through."
"Help me, my brain fell out, AGAIN."
"Found it, we need to stick with this."

dude, seriously?  fucking ENOUGH ALREADY!!

I am going to tell you what everyone else is too afraid to tell you:

you are NOT doing yourself any favors by behaving this way --- everyone here sees me as a mindless troll, and they don't give a FUCK about what i have to say, obviously -- but i guarantee you, they AGREE with what i am saying here, whether they have the balls to say it to YOU, or not

you are embarrassing Quark more and more BY THE HOUR with this back and forth INSANITY

just finish out the contest and save what is left of your SHAKY reputation

you are seriously looking like you have a few SCREWS LOOSE

every time you shit more of your DEMENTIA into this discussion, hundreds of people around the world do a FACE PALM simultaneously

your split-personality back and forth LUNATIC behavior has GOT TO STOP

JUST SAYIN'

UPDATE: only moments ago, FlipPro actually decided to commit to this: BRAVO.... fucking finally!!!

We're running this one till the end boys...

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 01:58:50 PM

Is there any proof that he holds the prize in a wallet?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:26:55 PM

Some people in this thread need to take a serious step back and relax.

I'm not changing any of my commitments, I was only looking to see if we had a civil community that would be willing to relocate some of the bounty funds into other useful developments.

Since I see I'm dealing with a bunch of children, I'm just going to let the contest run through as-is.

Good luck to the winner.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: