Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
xenithrising

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

cmooonnnnn barry or boxxl.
One of you fuckers better not let Ultimist's poverty logo win
Ashmasser

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:54:11 PM

Some people in this thread need to take a serious step back and relax.

I'm not changing any of my commitments, I was only looking to see if we had a civil community that would be willing to relocate some of the bounty funds into other useful developments.

Since I see I'm dealing with a bunch of children, I'm just going to let the contest run through as-is.

Good luck to the winner.

*** SLOW CLAP ***

bravo - finally - all anyone wanted to see was a firm commitment, and an end to all that wishy-washy bullshit in the past

please allow me to be the first to congratulate you on the return of your BACKBONE, FlipPro

nice to see that when push comes to shove, you actually ARE a man of your word

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:38:06 PM

Some people in this thread need to take a serious step back and relax.

I'm not changing any of my commitments, I was only looking to see if we had a civil community that would be willing to relocate some of the bounty funds into other useful developments.

Since I see I'm dealing with a bunch of children, I'm just going to let the contest run through as-is.

Good luck to the winner.

I hope the winner donates a reasonable amount to some the Quark Foundation.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:20:24 PM

You know, I've had just about enough with the insults from various people, about my logo.

I was good enough yesterday to try to strike a deal with the front-runners to give some of the lesser-seen entrants a better shot at winning. The 2 front runners were kind enough to enter into a dialogue with me about that matter, but we weren't able to hammer out a plan.  But still, at least they were decent with me and we tried to work something out... so my hat goes off to both of them.

I have tried my best, from time to time, to show that I actually give a shit about Quark and its future. I have repeatedly bent over and taken it up the wazoo for being too kind, too fair-minded, for letting people walk all over me in my life because I will give and give until I have just about nothing left. I've dealt with that all my life. I know who I am and what I'm about.

But I'm not going to take unfair and totally unnecessary insults or degradation from anonymous internet users who get some kind of cheap thrill out of throwing insults as if they don't affect REAL people. Some of you have quite a bit of growing up to do.

It's fine if you want to support your favorite in a post to encourage them, but it really is petty and childish to drag someone else's name through the mud in the process. Are we adults here, or are we in grade school?

All that said, I have decided to start campaigning again. I've tried to be reasonable, and some have responded in kind... but I'm tired of people slagging off my work as if it is utter crap, which it is not. It may not be the strongest, in certain people's minds, but I've gotten votes. That tells me that at least some people actually like my work.

Everyone has a different opinion about what makes good art. There is impressionism, which to me looks like random paint splatter. Yet collectors often pay thousands or even millions of dollars for such works. So everyone's taste is different. If my logo happens to suit particular tastes, but not yours, so be it. You're not the only person on earth with an opinion.

You don't see me in here insulting people or degrading their work. I could do it just as easily as some of you others have.

If I do happen to win, I've already got a few things in mind that may help promote Quark. My sister's husband in Philadelphia works for a major TV network affiliate over there.

So you can rest assured that if I win through my campaigning, I can do a fair bit more than "nothing" to get Quark out there in front of people's eyes.

I wish all the entrants the very best of luck.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:32:07 PM

You know, I've had just about enough with the insults from various people, about my logo.

...you are still way too soft on them trolls!    Wink Cheesy Grin

You're right, of course. Perhaps I am.

Trolls will come and go, as always. I've got to try to remember not to feed them, though.

KJO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:44:31 PM

Nobody from quark's team has anything to do with this contest so Smagmatilda, you can shut it.

What's wrong... you got done s****** on that big fat b**** c*** and decided to have another go?    Undecided

Go ahead... root for a design with "coin" in it... just shows how close you have been following developments in the Quark community (Boxxl I suggest you stay out of this... I am having a little chat with our troll here). You fools have appeared out of NOWHERE and are actually so delusional that you believe you have a say.

You trolls even got Ultimist to forget the design requirements and that this is a BOUNTY (he seems to have forgotten how upset he was when people totally disregarded the requirements set... FlipPro was agreeing with him by the way... ROFLMAO!)... not that any of you trolls know what bounties are and how crucial they are for the development of ANY crypto.  Let's see how good it goes for Quark if/when the bounty is not paid.  
What would make 2014 be a killer year for me... I won't be able to stop laughing... would be if Quark ends up with the old logo and the "coin" still standing strong.  

ROFLMAO!    Grin

P.S. Go back to s****** c*** TROLL!!!  

Thank you Mr. talentless amateur hack. In many different ways. You continue to illustrate the dark vile evil and profound sadness that pervades the sick diluted mind that designed that garbage neo-gothic design  universally hated by the quark community at large. The vile vitriole spewing from your beak says alot about who you really are... and what you are about.

You are the troll. You are just not exceptional. You are just not a designer. You dont have the tools. I know you wish you did, but its quite clear to this design professional that you do not have the "eye".

No 120K qrk for you.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:49:08 PM

Trolls will come and go, as always. I've got to try to remember not to feed them, though.

No worries... I'll feed them for you!!!    Grin

Oh, I've seen you at work a bit here and there, lol.

With your wonderful wit, it is a wonder any trolls want to stick around. Tongue

KJO

Activity: 173

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:52:21 PM

This vote has been totally compromised and should be nulled. Obviously, Smaragda is using proxies to vote his logo into the winners circle.

Look man, no offense to you and your design but this is not the way to win. It is akin to stealing 120K qrk and  leaving the entire quark community holding the bag with an inferior design for a logo.

I know a good logo when I see one and that is not it. Yes it is nice to look at in an archaic dungeons and dragons sort of way but it does not portray quark in the right light.

I feel bad for saying this stuff because I know as an artist myself how much work goes into the design process but this is a not a free-market vote. Smaragda is rigging the voting apparatus. There is nothing that justifies this insane lead in voting based on what I see with my own eyes.

I am trying to protect quark's image and our investments in it but you are playing games trying to collect with only your own interests in mind.

FORK THIS VOTE NOW. I am sickened by this treachery.

BOXXL - you nailed it. That logo is stunning. Its simplicity speaks volumes.

@KJO, You were one of the original users that started this mess. You criticized smaragda back when he/she only had 20 votes and you even accused them of cheating. Your statements were totally uncalled for and unsubstantiated.

Please outline the chain of title to placing blame on me for pointing out the voter fraud.

Go ahead.

Unsubstantiated? You mean back when smagardilla had a 35% lead on the next design even though his design is "not the best" and it was clear voter fraud had occurred?

I appreciate your comments however you need to zoom out. You fail to mention I have no design in this contest and  I am not a party to this mess. Nor do you mention the fact that smagmatillia attacked me for raising the issue calling me a troll for not supporting his design and calling out the voter fraud.

Original user? I do not even understand what you mean by that. Original user of what?

UNsubstantiated and uncalled for? If anything my friend, it shows I was right to call it out....look at this bloody mess of fraud and greed.

Go ahead mate, show me the chain of title.

@KJO, Having 35% of the lead when the leader only had 20 votes total is not substantial evidence that anyone is cheating and it's honestly laughable.

I don't necessary care for Smaragda's logo but it'swrong to say that they cheated so early in the contest with so little votes.

If Smaragda had 500 votes in the first day then yeah that's kinda sketchy but that's not the case.

These are the types of ridiculous accusations that are running rampant in this thread.

I already asked you for your proof of claim, where is it?

Or are empty accusations from you all I get?

You say I am to blame for calling out the fraud...you are a nutjob. A hypocritical nutjob.

Your frivolous claim that I somehow hold liability in this mess is very telling of someone who is too blind to see and too deaf to hear any truth.

You are blind. Face it, you are just pissed that the prize money is gone and you need a punching bag.

I am not that punching bag.

It is obvious to everyone smagmadillo was spamming for votes. It's all over the quark boards but since it is apparent you did not know this, I can only assume you have never been to qrk.cc.

IN any event, I am still waiting for any proof of claim for your absurd diatribe and ludicrous accusations.

Go head, I'm still waiting on that chain of title while your face turns blue.

@KJO, Who cares if Smaragda was asking for votes!? You're supposed to do that! Why in the world would anyone join a voting contest and not ask other people to vote for them?

WRONG. Now I see your real problem....you have no ethics.

A contest should be based on the merits, not on a popularity contest. Your inability to understand this and your greed are the cause of your ills. Your line of faulty logic does not allow you to see the truth. In fact you live in a lie as evidenced by your profoundly unethical view of what voting is.

I suggest you think long and hard about what "dishonor" means.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:54:38 PM

So has this poll essentially come down to how many new btctalk accounts you can make for 120k QRK ?

I'd suggest to at least even go close to something approaching "democracy" open a topic and get people to vote with the name of the user.

Then on each poster that voted with a name .

Count his or her posts . Each of these becomes a vote then count them up.

I'd just like to see the result out of interest.

What happens with this , is really none of my business.  

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:04:07 PM

I can pump those votes to the sky, lol

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Ashmasser

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:14:04 PM

I was good enough yesterday to try to strike a deal with the front-runners to give some of the lesser-seen entrants a better shot at winning. The 2 front runners were kind enough to enter into a dialogue with me about that matter, but we weren't able to hammer out a plan.  But still, at least they were decent with me and we tried to work something out... so my hat goes off to both of them.

I have tried my best, from time to time, to show that I actually give a shit about Quark and its future. I have repeatedly bent over and taken it up the wazoo for being too kind, too fair-minded, for letting people walk all over me in my life because I will give and give until I have just about nothing left. I've dealt with that all my life. I know who I am and what I'm about.

But I'm not going to take unfair and totally unnecessary insults or degradation from anonymous internet users who get some kind of cheap thrill out of throwing insults as if they don't affect REAL people. Some of you have quite a bit of growing up to do.

It's fine if you want to support your favorite in a post to encourage them, but it really is petty and childish to drag someone else's name through the mud in the process. Are we adults here, or are we in grade school?

All that said, I have decided to start campaigning again. I've tried to be reasonable, and some have responded in kind... but I'm tired of people slagging off my work as if it is utter crap, which it is not. It may not be the strongest, in certain people's minds, but I've gotten votes. That tells me that at least some people actually like my work.

Everyone has a different opinion about what makes good art. There is impressionism, which to me looks like random paint splatter. Yet collectors often pay thousands or even millions of dollars for such works. So everyone's taste is different. If my logo happens to suit particular tastes, but not yours, so be it. You're not the only person on earth with an opinion.

You don't see me in here insulting people or degrading their work. I could do it just as easily as some of you others have.

If I do happen to win, I've already got a few things in mind that may help promote Quark. My sister's husband in Philadelphia works for a major TV network affiliate over there.

So you can rest assured that if I win through my campaigning, I can do a fair bit more than "nothing" to get Quark out there in front of people's eyes.

I wish all the entrants the very best of luck.

tell us all another sob story, u fucking little cry baby

you are proof that complete morons have suddenly learned how to appear intelligent and articulate, and still make absolutely no sense whatsoever

i have never witnessed such a boohoo fest in my life until now

people have the right to tell u if your work looks like shit, live with it

why should people be considerate simply because you are a "real person" - you weren't very considerate when you assaulted our retinas with that sci-fi lookin klingon war symbol of a logo - and we are real, too - beam me up scotty, i fell into the lake of logo hell and damnation

if your brother in law works for a major network, what is he, the janitor LMFAO

that's like saying your cousin works for Paris Hilton, and you find out later the little twat is nothing more than the doorman at the Hilton Towers ROFLMAO

look buddy no one gives a flying fuck if you tried to do the right thing

you think just because you did something "noble" that we are all now required to lie and say your logo doesn't stink to high heaven?

you may win the contest but they aren't even going to use it for the official logo, so at least we won't have to look at it again after this

if you don't like people picking on you art "skills" then why don't you take ME on and see how far you get LOLOLOL

i'll tell you like it is, even if it makes your poor labia majora lips ache a little more, tootsie roll

Ultimist

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:25:03 PM

tell us all another sob story, u fucking little cry baby

you are proof that complete morons have suddenly learned how to appear intelligent and articulate, and still make absolutely no sense whatsoever

i have never witnessed such a boohoo fest in my life until now

people have the right to tell u if your work looks like shit, live with it

why should people be considerate simply because you are a "real person" - you weren't very considerate when you assaulted our retinas with that sci-fi lookin klingon war symbol of a logo - and we are real, too - beam me up scotty, i fell into the lake of logo hell and damnation

if your brother in law works for a major network, what is he, the janitor LMFAO

that's like saying your cousin works for Paris Hilton, and you find out later the little twat is nothing more than the doorman at the Hilton Towers ROFLMAO

look buddy no one gives a flying fuck if you tried to do the right thing

you think just because you did something "noble" that we are all now required to lie and say your logo doesn't stink to high heaven?

you may win the contest but they aren't even going to use it for the official logo, so at least we won't have to look at it again after this

if you don't like people picking on you art "skills" then why don't you take ME on and see how far you get LOLOLOL

i'll tell you like it is, even if it makes your poor labia majora lips ache a little more, tootsie roll

I'm not even going to dignify most of your drivel with a response. You know, I'm not forcing anyone to look at my logo, or even to like it after they look at it.

All the other stuff you had to say, I covered under "everyone has different tastes." Tell me something, if one person likes a particular design, and someone else doesn't, who is right? The answer is, no one is right or wrong. They are *opinions*

Do you think a vote is anything other than the expression of opinions?

As far as my sister's husband goes, he's actually one of the anchors. Not the top one, he's only been there a few years. But he's a good step above a janitor. Now watch where you tread from here, and leave my fucking family out of this.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:44:05 PM

I'm not even going to dignify most of your drivel with a response.

You had to quote that troll... didn't ya?!?!?    Cheesy   ...my eyes are burning...

That troll almost had a mental breakdown yesterday... so I had to put him/her/that in my Ignore List!    Wink

Hey... having fun with trolls is one thing... not trying to have anyone suffering from PTSD later though!!!  

ROFLMAO!   Grin

I read through part of that very "interesting" exchange.

I wonder, though, if such trolls are on the verge of a breakdown, or if they are already in the middle of one, lol.

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:52:20 PM

It might have been better if the contest hadn't been for a logo, designers here probably spent weeks of time combined working on this, but the vote is just about trying to get support from elsewhere to come and vote for the person not the design I guess in order to draw in new faces from outside the crypto-community ie. Facebook twitter friends family etc.

I'm not the worlds greatest designer but I am the worlds worst promoter it might have been better to direct the contest towards advertisers to go out and promote quark somehow on social media or some viral advertising campaign then base the vote on whoever is most successful.

Honestly going around saying I'm in a contest come vote for me is a pretty embarrassing thing to have to do isn't it?

Bitrated user: Mick.
bit0x

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:01:32 PM

Worthless logos leaders. LOL.

frenchsista

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:35:38 PM

Hi all. I just joined to vote for Ult. He sent me over from SERT.

Don't sweat things too much, Ult. Your logo is great! Don't get down on yourself, but don't let others get you down either. There are a lot of great designs in the running. Ult, yours does have something that some of the others don't, and that's spunk!

Amazing work guys! I think a lot of them might be more suitable for some sort of corporate use, though. Not that they are bad designs. They're wonderful! I just think Ult's is more suitable for THIS application.

There's nothing wrong with logos that look "corporate" - that fact doesn't make them bad designs, not at all. But from what Ult was telling me, isn't Quark supposed to represent some sort of paradigm shift AWAY from "business as usual" elitist exclusivity, and all that other stuff that plagues the current 'official' monetary system? If so, then why on EARTH would you want something that looks like yet another corporate logo you might find in BusinessWeek or Money Magazine?

And Ult, you really captured a fantastical, scientific feel without making it boring and lifeless. When things are made to look rubber-stamped they sort of look lifeless and empty. But yours has an interesting hippie groove thing going on.

There's almost this uber mystery buzz surrounding it, with that Q pointing to the center of the atom. The feeling from your logo sort of reminds me of the "Dharma Initiative" from the tv show Lost - a mysterious, intriguing feeling of reaching beyond the unknown. I don't know much about QuarkCoin yet, but your logo definitely makes it intriguing! Thanks for asking me to come here!

To be honest, if this vote was for something corporate and less about people, I'd probably vote for one of the other logos, as many of them are simply gorgeous!

I did look through a few pages of this discussion. It seems to me that the people getting the most votes ate the ones who are participating in this thread the most. It's a real shame that most of the people looking for votes aren't hanging out in this thread! Where the heck are they? Posting on a forum has nothing to do with the quality of their designs, but looking at the results, seem like it doesn't hurt!

Anyway, beautiful work everyone!

Kisses Ult!

Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:39:53 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 01:34:38 AM by Boxxl

So what a discussion going on here...
Nextcoin did the poll more open like this:
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1927.0.html

No Signature right now...
Ashmasser

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:47:32 PM

I'm not even going to dignify most of your drivel with a response.

You had to quote that troll... didn't ya?!?!?    Cheesy   ...my eyes are burning...

That troll almost had a mental breakdown yesterday... so I had to put him/her/that in my Ignore List!    Wink

Hey... having fun with trolls is one thing... not trying to have anyone suffering from PTSD later though!!!  

ROFLMAO!   Grin

Would you please tell that dolt smears-a-grandma that I did not understand what he was trying to say about which list to pick - I thought he was pulling a "say yes and i'll ignore you" or "say no and i'll still ignore you" - i hadn't made the distinction in my mind that he was talking about 2 different lists

somebody quote me please so he can see this - i actually did like joking around with him
Ultimist

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:35:13 PM

Would you please tell that dolt smears-a-grandma that I did not understand what he was trying to say about which list to pick - I thought he was pulling a "say yes and i'll ignore you" or "say no and i'll still ignore you" - i hadn't made the distinction in my mind that he was talking about 2 different lists

somebody quote me please so he can see this - i actually did like joking around with him

I'll do this for you once. Not that I should, since you were so rude to me earlier. Smaragda if you'd rather I not quote this person any more after this, just let me know and I will certainly honor your wishes.

What's wrong with you Assblaster. You treat people like shit and then have the nerve to ask for help? You need to see a shrink.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:44:19 PM

Hi all. I just joined to vote for Ult. He sent me over from SERT.

Don't sweat things too much, Ult. Your logo is great! Don't get down on yourself, but don't let others get you down either. There are a lot of great designs in the running. Ult, yours does have something that some of the others don't, and that's spunk!

Amazing work guys! I think a lot of them might be more suitable for some sort of corporate use, though. Not that they are bad designs. They're wonderful! I just think Ult's is more suitable for THIS application.

There's nothing wrong with logos that look "corporate" - that fact doesn't make them bad designs, not at all. But from what Ult was telling me, isn't Quark supposed to represent some sort of paradigm shift AWAY from "business as usual" elitist exclusivity, and all that other stuff that plagues the current 'official' monetary system? If so, then why on EARTH would you want something that looks like yet another corporate logo you might find in BusinessWeek or Money Magazine?

And Ult, you really captured a fantastical, scientific feel without making it boring and lifeless. When things are made to look rubber-stamped they sort of look lifeless and empty. But yours has an interesting hippie groove thing going on.

There's almost this uber mystery buzz surrounding it, with that Q pointing to the center of the atom. The feeling from your logo sort of reminds me of the "Dharma Initiative" from the tv show Lost - a mysterious, intriguing feeling of reaching beyond the unknown. I don't know much about QuarkCoin yet, but your logo definitely makes it intriguing! Thanks for asking me to come here!

To be honest, if this vote was for something corporate and less about people, I'd probably vote for one of the other logos, as many of them are simply gorgeous!

I did look through a few pages of this discussion. It seems to me that the people getting the most votes ate the ones who are participating in this thread the most. It's a real shame that most of the people looking for votes aren't hanging out in this thread! Where the heck are they? Posting on a forum has nothing to do with the quality of their designs, but looking at the results, seem like it doesn't hurt!

Anyway, beautiful work everyone!

Kisses Ult!

Thank you for your kind words frenchsista. I appreciate it. Just remember, as I mentioned to you before, the preference is to call it Quark. It needs to be distinct from all the various generic coins that are being released in dime-a-dozen fashion.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: