Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:00:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:32:07 PM

There are situations where the community knows best.

There you go again, implying that I'm not welcome here.

One could say that I may not be wanted around here because of my present attitude... but no, you didn't even go that far. You are just saying I'm not welcome here, period. Tell me, where is this mysterious sign-up form where one can apply to be an official member of the "community." I must have forgotten to fill it out.

For your information, anyone who has .000000000000000000001 qrk in their wallet is a part of the community whether pompous jerks such as yourself care to admit it or not.

When I was campaigning, several forums I frequent had posted sticky topics to help me get votes... but even then, as time went on, some of the users were shocked at how I was being treated here. They kept asking if I was sure I wanted to be a part of this.

I defended a lot of people who posted HERE, saying they don't represent the Quark community at large.

But you people kept being rude, throwing accusations, insulting me, implying all sorts of nasty things about me as a person... and finally I realized why I was being asked whether I *really* wanted to be a part of this or not. It was because the other people could see what I refused to see for days, and that is that this community is full of the kind of people I wouldn't be caught dead associating with in real life, literal scum who have nothing better to do than go around ruining people's day, making accusations, pretending their own shit doesn't stink, yet being respected and loved by all the other trash people hanging around here.

So I decided to opt out of this madness, and I feel so fucking free, you have no idea. If I have to go around kissing the asses of deplorable human waste in order to gain any "favor" as you put it, then I don't want to be a member of your exclusive little club. I prefer to commune with human beings.

I only count myself as a member of a community when the people in that community are worth communing with in the first place. So that leaves you and your kind out of the equation.

At this point I'd much rather join a herd of pigs wallowing in shit-filled mud, than be associated with THIS bunch in any way whatsoever. The people I'm referring to (and that includes you) know who they are. The people who have been decent with me also know who they are, and are not included in my summary judgment of the rest of you piles of dog shit.

I can envision my bother-in-law's piece on Quark already:

(Reporter explains what Bitcoin is, gives a brief intro to alternate currency/crypto-currency, etc. Let's get to the juicy bits)....

Reporter (Off screen): To Quark or not to Quark? That's what one handicapped man found himself asking as a contestant in a seemingly legitimate logo artwork contest. Quark is is yet another in a long string of crypto-currencies released within the past two years. But Quark, according to its developers, is a step above the rest.

Reporter: It appears the organizer of the logo contest had no authority to launch such an endeavor, and actually has no official association with Quark whatsoever. But that didn't sway him from offering a whopping $12,000 prize in a design competition for the coin's quote unquote "official" branding logo.

Reporter: ***** Tilson, a long-time resident of *******, ** has been a quadriplegic since the age of 3 when he was struck by a vehicle one Saturday morning when he was playing in his family's driveway. (camera shows Mr. Tilson in front of his computer, controlling everything with his mouth)

Reporter: Mr. Tilson hasn't allowed his disability to stop him, however, from doing the best he can to enjoy a normal life. Using specialized equipment designed to enable quadriplegics to interact with modern computers, Mr. Tilson does everything you and I do on a computer, with voice commands and a special control stick designed to be used with his mouth.

Reporter: When Mr. Tilson learned about the "unofficial" logo contest for Quark, he was excited to participate. He submitted his designs to the competition, hoping to win the advertised prize to help with expensive repairs on his wife's car, and to put a portion of his debts back in the black.

Reporter: Little did Mr. Tilson know, however, the can of worms he had opened up when he decided to join the conversation on the forums of a popular Bitcoin website.

(You know what happens from here, since it happened HERE.)

After explaining what Mr. Tilson was put through at the hands of the heartless and indignant Quark community, the reporter wraps up:

Reporter: Mr. Tilson elected to resign from the contest out of protest. He has pledged to warn people about the scathing community involved with Quark. After my thorough investigation, this reporter can't blame him. The public may wish to think twice before getting involved with a crypto-currency whose community willingly sacrifices its own members for the sake of the name and image of the coin. So to answer the question: To Quark or not to Quark? Most reasonable people already know the answer.

Reporter: This is ***** *********** reporting. Back to you in the studio.

Hmm. I wonder if Quark would survive such a report, especially if it somehow went viral on the internet.

quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:55:12 PM

Hmm. I wonder if Quark would survive such a report, especially if it somehow went viral on the internet

It would.

Without sarcasm, I feel sorry for you.
Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:26:37 PM

Without sarcasm, I feel sorry for you.

Is that an attempt to get under my skin via the old cliche that disabled people get enraged when someone feels sorry for them?

Hah... Save your breath. I do NOT feel sorry for you. I do feel sorry for your family and those around you, though. They have to be exposed to your mindless babbling and holier-than-thou attitude.

I bet you'll come back with "My family loves and adores me."

Sure they do, to your face.

They hold all sorts of "inaceptable" "votations" to figure out the level of their "embarrasment" when it comes to you. Most of them aren't suicidal about it yet, however. Most of them.

professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:35:03 PM

Man, this thread is a train wreck.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:37:35 PM

Martijn should donate some of the insane 120,000 to the Quark Foundation. It would push Quark projects tremendously.
Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:40:33 PM

Hmm. I wonder if Quark would survive such a report, especially if it somehow went viral on the internet
It would.

Ohh, you got me good there. That proves it would survive.

You might halfway understand the language but you clearly have no concept of what a viral video can do. It might not totally destroy Quark, but $1000 USD in QRK today might be worth $0.01 after such a report. And that would be good enough for me.

See, most people when they abuse someone tend not to realize that their actions have consequences until it is too late.

I'm not the aggressor here. What you see coming from me is a response to how I have been treated here.  Had I not been mistreated, I would have no mistreatment to lash out against, now would I?

Logic is a beautiful language for those who understand it. Perhaps you should try learning that one some day. Maybe you'll be as (good) with it as you are... with... umm... English. Yeah.

Go through this thread if you want. If you don't want to, that's fine as well. But if you do, you will notice that I was nice to everyone until people started throwing accusations and insults my way. What kind of reaction would you expect. Should I have baked you all a cake?

Some of you are like an abusive parent... you hit the kid, he bleeds, and then you hit him even harder for bleeding on your precious new carpet... failing to realize that he wouldn't have been bleeding at all, had you kept your hands to yourself.

So if you don't like someone's reaction when they are mistreated... howzabout not standing for such abuse when you see it, calling it out immediately, and ostracizing/reprimanding the people who do it?

Oh, but everyone's too busy jerking each other off around here. I forgot. Pardon me.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:51:56 PM

boxxl please explain your rise in votes of about 40 in the past 2 hours.  You complained the other day about me getting 50 in a DAY, remember? And yet you get 40 in 2 hours, with NO awesome video like what was done for martijnp?

Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:53:56 PM

Martijn should donate some of the insane 120,000 to the Quark Foundation. It would push Quark projects tremendously.

I'll bet he will. He seems to really care about Quark. I don't think you have to worry, with him.

reRaise

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:03:46 PM

I'll bet he will. He seems to really care about Quark. I don't think you have to worry, with him.

Brilliant
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:08:57 PM

boxxl please explain your rise in votes of about 40 in the past 2 hours.  You complained the other day about me getting 50 in a DAY, remember? And yet you get 40 in 2 hours, with NO awesome video like what was done for martijnp?

Ultimist, I gotta tell you...you are coming across like a huge jackass in this thread. I actually like your design quite a bit. I don't think it's the best, but I think it deserves to be in the top 5 (give or take). I might have even voted for you. But your stream of comments that take up 75% of the last few pages of this thread just make you seem like an ass. You're probably not an ass in RL, but you are making yourself look like one.

If I were you, I'd cool off for a bit.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
Ultimist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:17:53 PM

If I were you, I'd cool off for a bit.

Thanks for being a voice of reason. You're right. I need to cool off.

barrysoetoro

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:47:18 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 11:21:42 PM by barrysoetoro

martijnp,

900+ votes in the past 12 hours, really? That more than all of us combined all week!

You know, I've sat here all week and defended others against the "cheating" accusations but it's starting to smell like a rat around here.

Your Youtube video has only received 200 views in the past 12 hours yet your votes are skyrocketing like clockwork.

How in the world are you managing to get so many votes?
quarkfx

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:02:58 PM

@barry

It´s not his video, it´s mine and flatlands. I used the logo because it was my favourite from all contributions. I also step back from the assumption that the traffic was for the most part caused by the video. However, I don´t think that it´s starting to smell like rat - it smelled before.

There has been a lot of bad blood in a contest that could have brought the community together. It´s not too late to reconsider and rearrange. FlipPro stated from the beginning that he wouldn´t act against the community and I think we reached a point where we all, including martijnp, agree that there are flaws that need to be corrected.
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:43:11 PM

Give 10k quark to the 'winner' and 110k to the quark foundation.

Problem solved.

Or how about 10k to the top 4 entries and 80k to the foundation.

Producer
barrysoetoro

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:07:21 AM

@Ultimist @boxxl @martijnp

What do you guys think about this scenario. Since there obviously won't be an undisputed winner...

The bounty gets split evenly between the top three spots.

1st: 40k
2nd: 40k
3rd: 40k

120k total

Without starting the contest over, that seems like the fairest option IMO.
reRaise

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:45:32 AM

@Ultimist @boxxl @martijnp

What do you guys think about this scenario. Since there obviously won't be an undisputed winner...

The bounty gets split evenly between the top three spots.

1st: 40k
2nd: 40k
3rd: 40k

120k total

Without starting the contest over, that seems like the fairest option IMO.

I rather would have some of it donated to the Foundation.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:56:06 AM

Martijnp can you make a physical coin, but with the original Quark logo? Would love to see that
quarkfx

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:17:52 AM

Barry, if there is something fishy going on, how can a distribution between the frontrunners be a fair option?

I know for all of us, especially for the contributors, it has been a tough time and all of you were waiting for ages for this poll. But can a start over really be worse than ending this flawed contest with a change of share? Good contributors like leigrecc have already left the contest early and as far as I understand martijnp from his posts on forum.qrk-board he is also considering to leave the contest without coming back. We should use the opportunity to turn the mess into something positive for the community.

I already made a proposal and I´ll try to elaborate

Prizes:

The distribution of the prizes is changed from winner-takes-it-all to 4 different position so that competitors will identify with the result even if they don´t win the 1st place.

1st final round: 50.000 QRK
2st final round: 25.000 QRK
3rd final round: 10.000 QRK
Community prize final round: 5000 QRK (most votes in the public poll)

Additionally, the winner can dedicate 30.000 to a community project that currently needs funding @ http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/projects/

Procedure:

1. All contestants are asked to hand in a logo for standard formats (horizontal, squared, "quark accepted") in three scaled sizes >> this way the proposals become comparable.

2. All entries are presented in a gallery >> this way the voter can actually look through it.

3. Every contributor has a max. of 5 sentences to explain the design in the gallery >> this way community members can see the "bigger picture".

4. Before the 1st public vote starts there is a vote between the contestants (3 days). The result are managed secretly (each participant sends a mail to an address kept by a neutral person) until the public poll is closed (after 7 days). The results are revealed after the poll closed and counted 50:50.

5. All contestants that reached the mark of e.g. 5% take part in a second round

6. In the 2nd round the gallery is reduced to the lasting contributors. This time everyone can present whatever else they want to present (mobile devices, webpages, metal coins etc.).

7. There is a final vote between the contestants (3 days) and after that again a public poll (7 days) like in point 4.

This whole procedure would cost us between 20 and 30 days and I believe the result will be accepted in a much broader way than a settlement between the current frontrunners. It will also ensure that this voting won´t be portrayed as a bizarre and unfair event.
barrysoetoro

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:24:58 AM

Barry, if there is something fishy going on, how can a distribution between the frontrunners be a fair option?

I know for all of us, especially for the contributors, it has been a tough time and all of you were waiting for ages for this poll. But can a start over really be worse than ending this flawed contest with a change of share? Good contributors like leigrecc hae already left the contest early and as far as I understand martijnp from his posts on forum.qrk-board he is also considering to leave the contest without coming back. We should use the opportunity to turn the mess into something positive for the community.

I already made a proposal and I´ll try to elaborate

Prizes:

The distribution of the prizes is changed from winner-takes-it-all to 4 different position so that competitors will identify with the result even if they don´t win the 1st place.

1st final round: 50.000 QRK
2st final round: 25.000 QRK
3rd final round: 10.000 QRK
Community prize final round: 5000 QRK (most votes in the public poll)

Additionally, the winner can dedicate 30.000 to a community project that currently needs of funding @ http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/projects/

Procedure:

1. All contestants are asked to hand in a logo for standard formats (horizontal, squared, "quark accepted") in three scaled sizes >> this way the proposals become comparable.

2. All entries are presented in a gallery >> this way the voter can actually look through it.

3. Every contributor has a max. of 5 sentences to explain the design in the gallery >> this way community members can see the "bigger picture".

4. Before the 1st public vote starts there is a vote between the contestants (3 days). The result are managed secretly (each participant sends a mail to an address kept by a neutral person) until the public poll is closed (after 7 days). The results are revealed after the poll closed and counted 50:50.

5. All contestants that reached the mark of e.g. 5% take part in a second round

6. In the 2nd round the gallery is reduced to the lasting contributors. This time everyone can present whatever else they want to present (mobile devices, webpages, metal coins etc.).

7. There is a final vote between the contestants (3 days) and after that again a public poll (7 days) like in point 4.

This whole procedure would cost us between 20 and 30 days and I believe the result will be accepted in a much broader way than a settlement between the current frontrunners. It will also ensure that this voting won´t be portrayed as a bizarre and unfair event.

The logo that wins this contest will not be the official Quark logo. That's why I suggested that the top three split the money. That way, the best three get credit for their work and Quark has an additional 3 logos to use. Seems pretty fair to me considering the circumstances.

Now if the winner WAS going to be the official logo, then the contest should be restarted. But at this point it seems like a waste of time to determine a "one and only" winner because it really holds no advantage other than receiving the total bounty.
quarkfx

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:28:53 AM

It doesnt matter whether it will or will not be the new logo. There should be a fair contest especially if many people are involved. As you said yourself - it seems that it isn´t. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: