Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:41:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
Dimelord

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:43:20 PM

This week was very exciting Smiley
But i can't see MartijnP has more votes in 2 days then we all together the last weeks.
MartijnP started with about 50 votes 3 days ago?? Or you have a very very good logo or it's just fake..

My suggestion:
Vote like Nextcoin, everybody needs to reply a name of the 3 or 4 finals.
Like this: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1927.0.html
No newbies or no used accounts can vote. So it's more open..
If MartijnP wins again he can have it all..

1st place: 60.000
2nd place: 40.000
3rd place: 20.000

If MartijnP has a the best logo.. He will win again.. He has more votes then we all together.. I think the community wants a fear Vote..
What do you say barrysoetoro and Ultimist and MartijnP

+1
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:44:51 PM

What do you think FlipPro?

No Signature right now...
tomthgrk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:54:39 PM

But i can't see MartijnP has more votes in 2 days then we all together the last weeks.
MartijnP started with about 50 votes 3 days ago?? Or you have a very very good logo or it's just fake..

My suggestion:

If MartijnP has a the best logo.. He will win again.. He has more votes then we all together.. I think the community wants a fear Vote..

+1
martijnp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:11:14 PM

What's this now?
Giving up all of a sudden?
Why is that?
Not turning out the way you planned?
A little late in the process to change the rules now don't you think?

Enough damage has been done.. Give it a rest already!

I will post again AFTER voting closes!

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:44:10 PM

I say we ride this to the end. Martijnp is just as worthy a winner as any of the rest of us. He deserves it.

barrysoetoro

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:01:38 PM

My suggestion:

I agree with boxxl.
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:45:50 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 06:18:58 PM by Boxxl

Hi all,

If someone wins I don't have a problem with that.
Yes, I asked my friends and add my logo on different places but this is not voting..

This is why:
The day MartijnP gets suddenly many votes: (see date)
qrkdirect 570 accounts - almost every account has a vote
The name QRKdirect says enough..

Al on the same day!

The last 2 days there are about 750 accounts created.
And the last 2 days MartijnP had almost 750 votes??

Same system, same voting:

d3precat[number] 240 accounts 7-2 and 8-2

jjklondi[number] 330 accounts 7-2 and 8-2

ALL TODAY AND YESTERDAY
cinnam0n[number] 180 accounts 7-2 and 8-2

No Signature right now...
Ultimist

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:29:50 PM

That's interesting but it doesn't prove they voted for martijnp.

They could have been enlisted to vote for any of the top 5, other than me, because i haven't received many votes for 2 days now, after stopping my campaigning efforts and removing sticky topics on oher forums, plus asking people not to vote for me.

Those stats are not proof of wrongdoing by martijnp.

Anyone could be making those to make him look guilty. I caution everyone not to jump to conclusions.

In fact, those could have been used by any of the entrants who have received multiple 100's of votes in the past 2 days... or there is some alternate explanation.

They could have voted for YOU, boxxl.

Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:36:11 PM

boxxxl stop posting that shit. get out of the thread and contact whoever is running the contest if you have a serious concern.

whoever promises to donate the most to the quark foundation wins. how about that for a contest?

Producer
Ultimist

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:36:51 PM

I'm seeing a lot of last minute desperation coming from some of the entrants as we near the close of the vote, as though they see a victory (and 120,000 QRK) slipping through their fingers.

I won't name names anymore but I think anyone with a brain can see what I'm talking about.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:41:41 PM

There is something weird about insisting the winner give away their prize, though, Zzzack. It's almost like saying, we'll let you win, but only if you promise not to take the prize. That just boggles my mind. If the point were to funnel funds to the QF that could have been done without putting us all through this ordeal of a contest.

I really don't think it is ethical to attempt to strong-arm the winner into doing something specific with the prize money.

gjeric

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:49:29 PM

Wow, never seen a more retarded contest. I'm never touching QRK again...

My Graphic Design Service / Portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330240.0
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:08:52 PM

How 1 guy organises a contest doesn't have anything to do with Quark as a Crypto its self.
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:31:45 PM

How 1 guy organises a contest doesn't have anything to do with Quark as a Crypto its self.

Of course it does. It's all perception. Just like you claimed Kolin's ranting had no effect on Quark. It clearly did, and so will this.

It's too bad. Quark had a ton of potential.

Honestly, I'll be extremely surprised if Quark is still around a year from now. The community just can't get its act together without self-destructing.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:26:29 PM

Of course it does. It's all perception. Just like you claimed Kolin's ranting had no effect on Quark. It clearly did, and so will this.

Honestly, I'll be extremely surprised if Quark is still around a year from now. The community just can't get its act together without self-destructing.

Are you blind? Quarks infrastructure and community has only progressed. You must be very short sighted.
professorY

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:29:50 PM

Are you blind? Quarks infrastructure and community has only progressed. You must be very short sighted.

Keep telling yourself that. See where it is in a year.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:32:40 PM

I'm not telling myself these are facts. People said the same about BTC and LTC. These kind of comments should be taken with a grain of salt. Quark has progressed a lot for such a young coin and you know it.
professorY

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:45:09 PM

I'm not telling myself these are facts. People said the same about BTC and LTC. These kind of butthurt comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not 'butthurt' about anything. I made considerably more money this year trading alt coins than I did at my full time job (and I make an above-average salary), and Quark was a not insignificant part of that. But I got out when it was time to get out. Quark had all the potential in the world back in December but the community dropped the ball by infighting too much and wasting time and resources and now that chance is gone. The momentum simply got wasted. It happens.

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:04:32 PM

I'm not telling myself these are facts. People said the same about BTC and LTC. These kind of butthurt comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not 'butthurt' about anything. I made considerably more money this year trading alt coins than I did at my full time job (and I make an above-average salary), and Quark was a not insignificant part of that. But I got out when it was time to get out. Quark had all the potential in the world back in December but the community dropped the ball by infighting too much and wasting time and resources and now that chance is gone. The momentum simply got wasted. It happens.

It happens in all currencies, it shouldn't stop them from evolving. Also Quark had many butthurt people who missed the boat. Altough i believe it is much stronger than before with a much more solid infrastructure and community. You talk negative because you probably don't own any or just a little.
martijnp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:21:22 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 08:35:55 PM by martijnp

First of all I need to apologize to anyone about the negativity that has been going on about this slimefest!

Never before have I participated in a designing contest and I regret participating in this one.

For a designing contest to succeed a strict set of rules are required. These rules were clearly not defined for this contest. And things started falling apart rather quickly when Quarks value began to rise.

I've spent an insane amount of time to deliver all elements that FlipPro requested. Many times I've tried to persuade FlipPro and others to implement rules to make this contest as fair as possible, unfortunately without success!

To me this has been an extremely insulting experience! Nobody seemed to care about the actual work that was delivered.
It was fraudulent from the beginning and everyone knew. I started noticing the insane amount of new fake memberaccounts that were being created. This and all insulting and immoral posts in the voting thread made me decide to take control myself. I simply could not accept the idea of immoral shills taking over and winning this contest by simply generating most of the votes. I have been living with a split brain ever since!

During the week I encountered four timed voting attacks entering over 30 votes every 15 minutes. Each time I've let them do their thing for a few minutes before initiating a counter-attack with double the amount of votes they were entering. For each of the cheaters this had an obvious psychological effect: as soon as they realized they couldn't win they tried to make a deal between eachother (just read their posts). As soon as they realized it wasn't working they started throwing trash. But finally boxxl has exposed his true self!

Ultimist, barrysoetoro and boxxl in particular: I've all beaten you at your very own game!

--- No need to expose me and say I cheated, I did! And in a way I'm proud I did! ---

I've explained my intentions how I would like to proceed from here. I prefer not to have another contest. It simply will not work as it is now very colored! Instead, I would leave the community out of it and simply create a small team of talented individuals to form a branding team under control of the Quark foundation. Personally I would like to invite mjbmonetarymetals, leigrecc and quarkfx to participate.

These are the right people that can give Quark the quality branding it deserves!

I have no intention sharing my idea about the 120k bounty yet. If desireable I'll provide the details later.

It is up to FlipPro to decide what to do!

And for what it's worth: the video created by quarkfx supporting my logo DID have an impact! But obviously not measurable!

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: