Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:08:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34132 times)
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:00:56 PM

Everyone seems to assume donating the whole thing to the Foundation is a bad thing where everybody loses. Why is that?

Because time and time again designers having been posting designs to contest and competitions on here and the OP does not deliver.

Thus causing the bitcointalk community to be very suspicious of any OP that does not deliver.

I have seen this happen to many an OP after not delivering
Trust: -4: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

suffice to say i do not have any solution to the current problem but since everyone played within the rules e.g. most votes win (which I am not happy about) the prize must be delivered

Grin
Ashmasser

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:57:13 PM

Everyone seems to assume donating the whole thing to the Foundation is a bad thing where everybody loses. Why is that?

Some of us mentioned earlier it might be a good idea to reboot the contest, donate the 120k quark to the Foundation and let the Foundation manage the contest in a FAIR way.
The 120k should be reserved exclusively for the logo/branding contest and the logo would be officially accepted by the Foundation.

The only thing that worries me is the fact that it is pretty difficult now to vote neutrally.

even if the contest were rebooted, as the confessed cheater you don't even get to be in any new vote - i think it is safe to say that the other designers would be pretty upset if you were allowed entry into any new contest

as a confirmed cheater you are pretty much disqualified and stand zero chances of winning no matter how many times this thing is rebooted

you're not seriously expecting to be granted entry after cheating, are you?

martijnp, SEEK MENTAL HELP - you are clearly delusional

you cheated and no longer get to play no matter how you slice it
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:17:18 PM

@Ashmaster

If martijnp would have cheated to get the reward I´d say your argument was valid. Martijnp sabotaged the contest after it was already sabotaged. The only difference is that he admitted to it and that he had no intentions to disappear with the prize. I don´t think it was a sort of heroic act, but to me it doesn´t seem helpful to have only the admitted cheater in sight but rather the flawed contest and a mud-slinging, in which it was hard to come out clean, even for those who mobilized their voters properly.
martijnp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:52:07 PM

@quarkfx Please just ignore him.. He only registered feb 4 after the cheating started and is most likely just another alter-ego used by one of the cheaters. It's all negativity and frustration.
It's blatantly obvious they are trying to slaughter me over this.. I can imagine! Wink

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
Ashmasser

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:07:04 PM

@Ashmaster

If martijnp would have cheated to get the reward I´d say your argument was valid. Martijnp sabotaged the contest after it was already sabotaged. The only difference is that he admitted to it and that he had no intentions to disappear with the prize. I don´t think it was a sort of heroic act, but to me it doesn´t seem helpful to have only the admitted cheater in sight but rather the flawed contest and a mud-slinging, in which it was hard to come out clean, even for those who mobilized their voters properly.

martijnp only made such a claim after boxxl outed him for cheating -  martijnp was caught before he said anything, and so of course he has to "spin" it to make it sound like he was doing some noble deed

you really are gullible

no matter how you slice it, he cheated and ruined the contest - even if you say others were cheating, no proof to that effect has been presented, and so the ONLY proven cheater here is martijnp

the rest is pure guesswork and speculation, unless you can present us with definitive proof that others indeed were cheating

you can't condemn someone on guesses or "it just seems that way" - you have to have proof

proof isn't needed in martijnp's case because he has admitted what he did (after seeing that he was going to be outed shortly thereafter, he decided some pre-emptive spin was in order)
Ashmasser

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:08:34 PM

@quarkfx Please just ignore him.. He only registered feb 4 after the cheating started and is most likely just another alter-ego used by one of the cheaters. It's all negativity and frustration.
It's blatantly obvious they are trying to slaughter me over this.. I can imagine! Wink

You're the only confessed cheater here, tinker bell

what do u want, a fucking medal?
martijnp

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:11:32 PM

Btw, boxxl forgot to mention the 200 members named 'Kreon' in his list of fake accounts. I wonder why..
I monitored this new user thing too you know. If even more proof is desired, just let me know!

What bothers me is that they don't even have the guts to admit they cheated! Still hoping to get paid. It's telling..

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
Ashmasser

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:23:29 PM

i have no stake in this fiasco but i suggest that martijnp should have to present definitive proof of others' cheating before being allowed to enter a reboot of the contest, if there is one

short of that, it's pretty obvious martijnp is just trying to save face at this point, and only the brainless and gullible will be sucked in by it

anyone can say they were doing something noble AFTER the fact, martijnp

it is clear that you still want that Quark and would never even consider something truly noble (such as voluntarily withdrawing from the contest permanently) to prove it

spin things some more why don't you - were not nearly dizzy enough yet

you don't have the guts OR the actual moral fiber to disqualify YOURSELF, which is what someone would do if their intentions were truly what you say yours were

Ashmasser

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:25:45 PM

Btw, boxxl forgot to mention the 200 members named 'Kreon' in his list of fake accounts. I wonder why..
I monitored this new user thing too you know. If even more proof is desired, just let me know!

What bothers me is that they don't even have the guts to admit they cheated! Still hoping to get paid. It's telling..

merely mentioning 200 members named kreon is not "proof"

even if it was, how do we know those aren't some of YOUR fake accounts? you needed over 1100 of them, obviously

chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:33:33 PM

If martijnp or any other cheaters win this will be truly sickening.

martijnp

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:46:10 PM

I have no trouble resigning from the contest if desired by FlipPro and/or Foundation!

I feel pretty confident about my designs. I guess many would love to see me go so maybe I should do just that!

Winning Quarks is very nice, but exposing cheaters is priceless!

@assmasher you forgot to read my message from feb3 quoted on the previous page! My intentions were VERY clear from the start!

barrysoetoro

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:25:03 AM

Hypocrisy at its best! Way to keep it classy.  Roll Eyes
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:41:36 AM

I have no trouble resigning from the contest if desired by FlipPro and/or Foundation!

I feel pretty confident about my designs. I guess many would love to see me go so maybe I should do just that!

@assmasher you forgot to read my message from feb3 quoted on the previous page! My intentions were VERY clear from the start!

I think you're forgetting that you didn't win. Do you mean exposing cheaters as in you told everyone that you cheated?
quarkfx

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:49:13 AM

@Ashmaster

even if you say others were cheating, no proof to that effect has been presented, and so the ONLY proven cheater here is martijnp the rest is pure guesswork and speculation, unless you can present us with definitive proof that others indeed were cheating

Noone here can prove who created those fake accounts. Everyone could have created them and then let them vote for another contributor to make it looks as if he_she cheated. Actually, that doesn´t matter at all. If you prefer to deny that different people created fake accounts to manipulate poll results, then I´m unsure whether it´s me who´s gullible.

I only pointed out that it is not necessary to look for "admitted cheaters" when it is obvious that the contest was flawed long before martijnp registered his own fake voters. But maybe you are questioning that, and believe that the massive increase of registrations (partwise with identical names) was pure coincidence. Otherwise I don´t get your argument.

I am not defending martijnps cheating. Imho there were other and better options to question the competition. Maybe there was only one to blast it.
Ashmasser

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:37:52 AM

I only pointed out that it is not necessary to look for "admitted cheaters" when it is obvious that the contest was flawed long before martijnp registered his own fake voters. But maybe you are questioning that, and believe that the massive increase of registrations (partwise with identical names) was pure coincidence.

this is where you're making the mistake I was trying to point out - you are assuming any "massive increase of registrations" MUST be cheaters or fake accounts intended to rig this vote - you cannot make that leap without something called EVIDENCE - it is unwise, unfair, and unjust to use such a conclusion to form any new rules or make any decisions, in the absence of evidence - again, it's GUESSING

i'm sorry, but the standard of proof needs to be a fair bit higher than "it's obvious"

we don't need evidence in martijnp's case because he admitted cheating

the funny thing is, he claims to have done it to keep a cheater from winning - yet that's exactly what happened
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:59:48 AM

Because time and time again designers having been posting designs to contest and competitions on here and the OP does not deliver.

Thus causing the bitcointalk community to be very suspicious of any OP that does not deliver.

I have seen this happen to many an OP after not delivering
Trust: -4: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

suffice to say i do not have any solution to the current problem but since everyone played within the rules e.g. most votes win (which I am not happy about) the prize must be delivered

Just curious has the winner received their winnings

Grin
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:51:20 AM

I think the community wants a new vote... (I don't off course)

Still my suggestion:
Vote like Nextcoin did, everybody needs to reply 1 name of the 3 finals.
Like this: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1927.msg18907.html#msg18907
No votes from newbies or accounts with no activity. So everyone knows who voting..
The most votes come from active users on this forum and you can see the activity of every user..

1st place: 60.000
2nd place: 40.000
3rd place: 20.000

barrysoetoro agreed with this, is it?
Ultimist?
FlipPro?

No Signature right now...
martijnp

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:18:07 AM

One more time:

I did win the corrupt voting contest based on the rules set. To me that is clearly NOT winning the logo competition! I have clearly motivated my actions so no need to discuss them further.

If I'd win the full bounty based on the given rules, I'd choose to initiate a reboot of the contest to be managed in a fair way by the Foundation. That is if the Foundation agrees to it, which I believe they will.

If FlipPro/Foundation asks to me to step away from the competition based on my actions, I will respectfully withdraw from the competition!

quarkfx

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:26:31 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 10:16:53 AM by quarkfx

I only pointed out that it is not necessary to look for "admitted cheaters" when it is obvious that the contest was flawed long before martijnp registered his own fake voters. But maybe you are questioning that, and believe that the massive increase of registrations (partwise with identical names) was pure coincidence.

this is where you're making the mistake I was trying to point out - you are assuming any "massive increase of registrations" MUST be cheaters or fake accounts intended to rig this vote - you cannot make that leap without something called EVIDENCE - it is unwise, unfair, and unjust to use such a conclusion to form any new rules or make any decisions, in the absence of evidence - again, it's GUESSING

i'm sorry, but the standard of proof needs to be a fair bit higher than "it's obvious"

we don't need evidence in martijnp's case because he admitted cheating

*irony on* Where is your evidence that martijnp cheated? You dont have any protocols to present and he could be lying. *irony off*

That's the point, Ashmasser, 1. you don't have to proof the obvious and 2. this is no court, this is a forum. If you really want to argue that there was no fakery going on before, please go ahead. But looking back in the thread, you'll find out that you need to claim gullibility for a lot of members who raised concerns that cheating was going on before martijnp started his arguable attack on the contest.

I also don't see the "fun" part, because martijnp never planned to keep the prize.

Btw. Your date of registration makes me curious. You seem to be quite aware of the whole crypto scene. I guess you are active on other forums, would you mind posting a link to other profiles?
AdamDelicioso

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:54:13 PM

Why is everybody only talking about Martijnp, he isn't the only one who cheated. I am sure the first four spots cheated as well.
He is just the only one who admitted. I dont think it's fair to disqualify Martijnp if others cheated too.
If Martijnp gets disqualified than everyone who cheated needs to be disqualified, not just the one who admitted...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: