Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:25:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Entry Should Become the Official Quark Logo?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM)
JohnSmith - 2 (0.1%)
nish2011 - 0 (0%)
richardmeredith - 1 (0%)
boxxl - 639 (24.2%)
Leigrecc / Leigrec - 53 (2%)
gjeric - 4 (0.2%)
sanders334 - 5 (0.2%)
mymenace - 6 (0.2%)
lana - 0 (0%)
davx - 0 (0%)
martijnp - 1148 (43.5%)
ecki8810/skillrun - 2 (0.1%)
pluMmet - 1 (0%)
barrysoetoro - 428 (16.2%)
Ultimist - 263 (10%)
murt9000 - 1 (0%)
mjbmonetarymetals - 33 (1.3%)
AnnonQ - 2 (0.1%)
Burbuless - 0 (0%)
duuuuude - 3 (0.1%)
altcoincryptographer - 1 (0%)
Bocimier - 1 (0%)
Azure - 0 (0%)
smaragda - 20 (0.8%)
pt57 - 0 (0%)
madjihad - 1 (0%)
CryptoBoomer - 0 (0%)
Sky23 - 0 (0%)
grphcs56 - 1 (0%)
cyberhuman - 1 (0%)
chocobo - 1 (0%)
chwalewr - 0 (0%)
yuddd - 0 (0%)
craigy2 - 0 (0%)
Lir_Djoser - 0 (0%)
Mleekko - 0 (0%)
Medea - 1 (0%)
Mesta/Darklyte - 2 (0.1%)
dimot - 2 (0.1%)
esmash - 0 (0%)
Sp1k4h - 0 (0%)
Emerov - 0 (0%)
actuality - 2 (0.1%)
AdamDelicioso - 12 (0.5%)
donatel99 - 1 (0%)
cryptasm - 1 (0%)
Total Voters: 2638

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION  (Read 34142 times)
professorY

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:02:00 PM

Why is everybody only talking about Martijnp, he isn't the only one who cheated. I am sure the first four spots cheated as well.
He is just the only one who admitted. I dont think it's fair to disqualify Martijnp if others cheated too.
If Martijnp gets disqualified than everyone who cheated needs to be disqualified, not just the one who admitted...

Exactly. But how do you prove who did and who didn't cheat?

No matter what happens this all just looks really bad. General shadiness all around.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
martijnp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:28:03 PM

Isn't it obvious? It's the cheaters that didn't tell they were cheating using shadow accounts bashing me!

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:31:05 PM

The voting should be between the participants themselves. Each of them should vote on a 1 to 10 scale to others who participated. Once everyone has voted, the one with the most votes wins.
professorY

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:14:14 PM

The voting should be between the participants themselves. Each of them should vote on a 1 to 10 scale to others who participated. Once everyone has voted, the one with the most votes wins.

That's actually not a bad idea. Eliminates sock accounts and vote padding. The only people who can vote are the creators themselves, they cannot for their own design and have to rank every other design submitted. Then, at the end, a winner will emerge chosen by the artists themselves.

Obviously I'm just an observer and have no stake in this whatsoever, but I think that could actually be a good solution.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
tomthgrk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:44:23 PM

According to the game theory in this case noone will vote Smiley
If the voting is mandatory on a scale 1 to 10 then everybody will poll 1 Smiley

reRaise

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:10:39 PM

We can eliminated that everyone votes 1. In addition to voting they also must put a reason why they rated a logo low or high.
They won't get to see the results until the voting ends.
reRaise

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:16:51 PM

That's actually not a bad idea. Eliminates sock accounts and vote padding. The only people who can vote are the creators themselves, they cannot for their own design and have to rank every other design submitted. Then, at the end, a winner will emerge chosen by the artists themselves.

Obviously I'm just an observer and have no stake in this whatsoever, but I think that could actually be a good solution.

Exactly
professorY

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:50:47 PM

Okay then, they have to rank every other entry out of however many entries there are and can only use each number once. If there are 20 entries, 20 rankings, lowest to highest.

Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:02:59 PM

If it's going to be the entrants doing the voting, there is a rather simple solution.

Every entrant gets one vote, but cannot vote for themselves.

Even if a couple of the entrants get together and conspire to vote for each other, that's only 1 vote each.

This would force the entrants to pick their favorite (besides their own), and the results would better reflect an actual winner.

reRaise

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:52:28 PM

If it's going to be the entrants doing the voting, there is a rather simple solution.

Even if a couple of the entrants get together and conspire to vote for each other, that's only 1 vote each.

This would force the entrants to pick their favorite (besides their own), and the results would better reflect an actual winner.

Great.
Do other entrants accept this? I think this is the fairest way. Would like to know what Flipro thinks about this.
Lets get it on
Ultimist

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:07:18 PM

Great.
Do other entrants accept this? I think this is the fairest way. Would like to know what Flipro thinks about this.
Lets get it on

On second thought, everyone could just vote for what they thought was the "worst" logo (probably mine, lol) in the hopes of increasing their own vote percentage... and the worst one would end up winning...

Sigh, I don't know if there IS a solution.

Ultimist

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:07:56 PM

It would be nice to hear from FlipPro on what he intends to do.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:14:16 PM

At this point I'm considering giving the entire donation to the QuarkCoin foundation.

I don't think anyone in the "rankings" deserves any reward.

Starting the contest over would be pointless since the community has said repeatedly it does not want or need a new logo.

I will update everyone here when I have reached a final decision…
martijnp

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:18:52 PM

Ultimist: Would you still pick my designs as your personal favorite? (no need to answer!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, based on everything that happened, it's likely a vote now is not only based on the quality of a design but also carries an emotional aspect behind it. It could very be that this will just be part of the deal. Nonetheless, it is something to consider!

Credits to all of you who keep the positive tone and try to finally turn this thing around!

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:22:16 PM

At this point I'm considering giving the entire donation to the QuarkCoin foundation.

Starting the contest over would be pointless since the community has said repeatedly it does not want or need a new logo.

This is the best decision. I advise that you tell them to slowly use the Quarks too! If you tell them they can only use 20k a month, then we will have continual development - and lowers the risk that the funds are sunk on a bad project. If we could pay for a Quark --> USD payment processor, then this commodity would become a usable currency.

That said, I think some of the designs deserve a couple Quarks. If you give 2500 Quarks to your favorite 4 designs (and ignore the poll), then that would be a great choice. You would still be rewarding people a significant amount of our treasured coins and then the community could use the 4 different designs for different websites, apps, products.

(I really like Leigrecc's design)

Producer
professorY

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:26:37 PM

You're right of course, but it's too bad for the designers who didn't cheat and spent all of that time on their designs thinking they had a shot at 120,000 QRK. That sucks.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:29:31 PM

I think this is the best solution. There was a lot of cheating going on and i don't blame them. To be honest i would've done the same if i see that others are doing it.

Entrants voting for each other won't work because not every designer will be there. You need to go after every single of them to vote again and even if everyone votes, they could vote on a less nice design to higher their chance to win. Doing it all over again will make things worse. I also think the community would like to keep the original design.
martijnp

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:33:24 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 11:47:34 PM by martijnp

Pick 4 (or so) favorite designs. Let the designers form a logo/branding team for the foundation. The logo/branding team provides consistent graphical elements required for all Quark related projects under development. (Gradually) fund this logo/branding team with the 120k quark. Win-Win for the community and the designers being part of the team!

quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:25:24 AM

I always pledged for a new vote, but I can understand your decision. Still, the debate of a professional QRK branding seems important to me, even if some community members (I don´t see a uniform statement from the community) prefer to stick with the old logo. I don´t know if its possible to gather our designers again. It would mean that people were willing to forgive, to forget and to start from scratch. We have lots of talented designers in our community which is a huge potential for Quark. It would be too bad if this potential was gone only because of this contest.
feeler950

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:29:09 AM

I always pledged for a new vote, but I can understand your decision. Still, the debate of a professional QRK branding seems important to me, even if some community members (I don´t see a uniform statement from the community) prefer to stick with the old logo. I don´t know if its possible to gather our designers again. It would mean that people were willing to forgive, to forget and to start from scratch. We have lots of talented designers in our community which is a huge potential for Quark. It would be too bad if this potential was gone only because of this contest.
You have sponsored designs. Some of which have already been adopted by the quark community.
Now you are tempted to renege on your promise of reward!

Get ready for a shitstorm of negative feedback. You should start a new account NOW!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: