Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:03:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Voting has started! Here are my Quark logo designs  (Read 9931 times)
martijnp (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:23:32 PM

Voting closes: February 08, 2014, 06:14:04 PM
Go to the official voting page here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444025.0

Here's my final entry for this contest! It was a great challenge to find balance between a completely new logo (primary goal of this contest) and to include elements from the current logo. It seems many people think the current logo is great as it is. That's a discussion that will likely continue after this contest. In my opinion the winner is someone who took serious effort to come up with something high quality, new and refreshing.

Concept:
I ended up with three scalable logo's. The first logo is the new one. The Q represents Quark: speed, security, safety, confidence, solidarity and simplicity. The Q embraces the core (Earth).
The second logo is my redesign of the current logo, trying to balance out the elements it contains. It's now fresh and crisp with everything in correct proportions.
The third logo is a combination of the the previous ones. If you think about it.. I like the idea.. I've tried to keep everything as simple and clean as possible and focus on what matters most for now. In my opinion usage of the logo's can be combined.. They are modular (each element/logo can represent a specific purpose and they can be combined to form a whole), recognizable and will stick in the head!

Also, take a good look at the Quark text and subtext. It's solid, scalable, elegant and.. recognizable.. I've seen way too many logo's with text too thin or not scaled/positioned the way it should be.

I really like the retro-feel from the current logo. So I've tried to incorporate that retro feel in my logo's as well. The color palettes used support this retro earthy look and feel. And even more important, it gives a feeling of where Quark is at right now! I would strongly advise against using too many colors and too many elements in a logo. Simplicity is key which is a very hard (and time-consuming) thing to accomplish!

It was great fun to create the physical coins. Six rings each.. The inner circle of the red-green-blue coins each represent a part of the earth. Look from a distance and you'll notice the multidimensional effect in there. Together they form a whole.. Again, only added elements that matter.

Hope you like them!

Martijn

Logo's only with earthy retro color palette:

Logo's with text:

Quark accepted here (full size):

Quark coins:

Quark physical rounds:

ASCII character:

Wallpaper fun (2560x1440):

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:25:22 PM

One word "Awesome". Given my vote to you.

Goodluck
martijnp (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:40:34 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 07:59:07 PM by martijnp

Many thanks!!! Smiley

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
gambitx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:35:39 PM

amazing. too bad the worst design is winning
martijnp (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:43:47 PM

Thanks! Yeah, have my doubts about the way the voting is going. Too many factors that can negatively impact a fair outcome!

All I hope for is that the winner will be the one who delivered what was asked for: a high quality, crisp and elegant NEW logo for Quark!

jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:01:13 PM

I've no opinion towards quark ... but that is some good branding. The color palette (terra, retro-tech) absolutely works.

My vote goes out to the 2nd or 3rd ones. First one could work, but scaling at low res might be tricky unless the thickness is enlarged a bit.

The physical coins are absolutely outstanding.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
pr9me

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:45:30 PM

Good luck, these are super nice! Blows my entry away, but they didn't include my entry in the final vote anyway. I do hope you win, as it looks like a lot of work went into this.
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:46:00 PM

here is mine please vote for  duuuuude

j
elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:57:08 PM

damn theirs a lot to choose from they all look pretty good.  Smiley

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
martijnp (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:25:08 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 07:06:11 AM by martijnp

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Appreciate it!

martijnp (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:26:55 PM

Good luck, these are super nice! Blows my entry away, but they didn't include my entry in the final vote anyway. I do hope you win, as it looks like a lot of work went into this.

Send a message to FlipPro, he's still willing to add your entry to the list I'm sure.. Everyone who took the effort to come up with something deserves a fair chance! Good luck!

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 11:10:31 AM

If that second patch was on a Shirt - i'd easy pay money and Quark for it.

even if i didn't know what Quark was.

in fact , its a very stylish Band in its own right.

how do we get this on t-shirts ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
martijnp (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:58:06 PM

Thanks my man!

It could represent 'the wallet' holding Quark.

Wouldn't be that difficult to make some cool retro T-shirt designs of it! Great idea!
Let's see how this competition turns out.

Already posted a vector file of one of the logo's on various places.. Will be providing more vectors depending on the outcome if the contest!

Cheers!

gambitx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:22:41 PM

Wow amazing designs, but too late I voted for the metals guy sorry. But really amazing work
martijnp (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:14:00 PM

Thanks!! Too bad you voted already.. Could really use your vote!
Fact that u haven't seen my stuff before voting is telling...

Like some people suggested, it would have been better if voters were able to actually see all main designs in one clear overview without clicking through a document with tons of links..

It's kind of an anticlimax to me that most of the votes seem to be going to a logo that's basically the same as the current one! What's the point to that? This was definitely not the purpose of the contest..

When influencial Quark-contributors like @DigitalCurrency want t-shirts of my designs it's telling me I've done a pretty decent job! Even while he mentioned he doesn't want to change the current logo!

If the assignment was to give the current logo a cosmetic update without change I would have delivered something completely different.. Instead I chose to be original and delivered everything that was requested!
It even seems I inspired a few of the designers, which is a compliment.

But when someone is removing my links from the designers document and voting is done the way it is now.. Yeah, that feels pretty disappointing!

achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:23:05 PM

how do you vote? I like the metal designs
martijnp (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:02:42 PM

Here's the link to the voting thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444025.0

Many thanks for your support!

Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:11:17 PM

You had my 2nd favorite design  Smiley

Producer
martijnp (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:16:57 PM

Haha, that's ok! Thanks Wink

martijnp (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:16:32 PM

Awesome to see my logo is already being picked up by professional people contributing to the Quark community in a big way!

This is where Quark needs to go!!! Imagine this with the current logo... See my point? Style, simplicity, elegance and CHANGE!

Quark Wallet 2 concept by StoneSet:

Why so much support for a slightly polished, but identical logo (with all respect to the designer who's put great effort into the Quark community)? I thought this contest was all about change?
A multicolored logo for Quark makes it difficult to scale.

I simply don't understand what's going on.. Sad

If you want change vote for martijnp! Thanks.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444025.0

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: