Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:00:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a new Coin  (Read 792 times)
qopel (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:54:08 AM

I went to http://coingen.io/ and started a new cryptocoin. Now I need a full-fledged peer-to-peer network, a pool and an exchange.

Any help on how to do that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:05:12 AM

You launch your "coin" on the forum. Explain why your coin is better. Set up a pool yourself. Wait for an exchange to accept your coin.
Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:28:40 AM

Why did you bother. Unless you are a developer and can bring something new to the game then your coin will not survive. Everyone and their grammars are creating their own coin, what makes yours stand out from the thousands of other clones? It's similar to business, what can you offer the user over your competitors?
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:30:18 AM

make sure you premine about %10 percent. make a very small block reward. like ....0.5 coins a blocks. have 100million coins totalk. you mine 20 million. lunch it.

flawless logic. probably overtake litecoin
belltown

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

still can't change my profile pic

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:38:08 AM

Why did you bother. Unless you are a developer and can bring something new to the game then your coin will not survive. Everyone and their grammars are creating their own coin, what makes yours stand out from the thousands of other clones? It's similar to business, what can you offer the user over your competitors?

Not true. You don't need anything new or innovative, actually the less innovation the better. Clone of the Lightcoin would be the best.

But you need to work very hard on a name of the coin. Why do you think the name of your coin stands out? Is it name of the animal? Is it cuter, funnier then the rest of the coins? It's very hard work to come up with the good name, but if you're really good your coin can do very well. To the moon!

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
inmean

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:15:24 PM

Well make it fun for miner, PopularCoin done great job with it
silicon_chip

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:18:41 PM

Perhaps you could consider naming it Deadcoin, use a black and red logo, try to make it appealing to the Goths and their fellow travellers.

I would engage you in a battle of wits, but I will not strike an unarmed opponent.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:31:21 PM

After talking to this guy via PM I have got to the conclusion that he doesn't have the skills or the money to look after any coins he makes

byt411

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:45:13 PM

After talking to this guy via PM I have got to the conclusion that he doesn't have the skills or the money to look after any coins he makes

Was quite obvious, he just wasted some BTC for nothing. He might as well've sent it to me.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:01:52 PM

don't normally like to post pm's  but I cant not do it this time

If you need a pool I can sort that but I would need payment Smiley

I can sort forums aswell

I can offer you a partnership deal in this exciting new coin

I am the dev of ADT I have far to much work to do for that lol  

I'm glad the guy who invented bitcoin didn't have that attitude.

your a guy with a couple of posts probably about to announce a coin that's probably premined with a silly name and nothing new

if you had been around here the last 7 months you would understand that 90% of these coins are scams if you really think you can bring something new you should join up with one of the coins that already exists

if your coin was made on the coin making website your coin brings nothing new and all it will do is take money away from coins that deserve it

Who are YOU to decide which coin deserves what? That's what the free market is about. How do you "pre-mine" a coin that doesn't even exist, yet?

a premine can be done a few ways I am not going to tell you how though

all these new coins made by that website are destroying the altcoins comunaty by spreading the available funds and hash rate even more killing coins that have real devs that have the money / coding skills to look after there coins

once you know about coins and how everything works then you can think about releceing a coin  

this is not play money if your coin brakes / is a scam real people will lose real money

do you honestly think that something you pay 100usd for is going to be good quality ?

the founder of ADT decided it would be a good idea to get a cheap coin made

over the last few months I have had to spend nearly 20,000 USD fixing his mess

if I didn't do that people would have lost 1,000,000 USD

there is only 3 ways you will make money by making a coin

1 premine it and basicly scam the comunaty
2 have a huge hashrate and instamine it also scaming the comunaty
3 pumping and dumping it scaming the comunaty

if you don't have the money and skills to run a coin don't do it

if you have loads of good ideas join up with another coin that already exists

If you don't have the skills to spell, don't type on the internet.

The reason why Bitcoin is open source is so other coins can be made.

Fine, I'll do the work myself.

lol if you want to take the piss because I am dyslexic that's fine but remember that its people like me that that can make the difrence between a coin doing well or a coin failing

I'm dyslexic, too, yet I can spell. A coin does well due to marketing, not due to programming. Thanks for nothing. You're loss.

if the code is not good the coin can never do well

LOL...well with your dyslexia, your code can't be good!

I have the money to pay people to code what I need so its a non issue Smiley

you would be far better of joining the teem of a coin that already exists that has coders and money behind it if you think you can promote well you could easy get on another coins team

I'm a leader, not a follower. When you can learn correct English, I might take you seriously. Until then, you're a joke. Bye.

ok just be warned its not a good idea to mess with people that can decide the future of any coins you ever make

Don't threaten me, punk. You can't even spell, much less decide the future of a coin. Go get a life.

byt411

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:51:31 PM

LOL this guy must be retarded, he wants to start a coin by himself and insults people who try to help, LOL. We might as well bombard him with negative trust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: