Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:36:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about Hitler?  (Read 556 times)
JessAnd

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:33:32 PM

I simply can't believe that there are people who are seriously saying that "he had some points", or "there are some good things about him"...

Do you prefer democracy then?  Huh

As a matter of fact I do.
As imperfect as democracies are (and alas they are very far from perfect) - they are still much better than oppressing regimes. Think the second half of 20th century, and all the technological and scientific advances that were made withing the democratic systems.
Think blockchain and crypto: was it invented in the totalitarian country, or in the democratic country?
Again, democracies have flaws but by far it's the best the world has for right now.
I invite you to prove me wrong, and tell me how countries like North Korea, or Venezuela, or any other autocracy/dictatorship is somehow better than, say, Denmark, or New Zealand, or Canada.
larsbalzak (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:40:19 PM

I simply can't believe that there are people who are seriously saying that "he had some points", or "there are some good things about him"...

Do you prefer democracy then?  Huh

As imperfect as democracies are (and alas they are very far from perfect) - they are still much better than oppressing regimes. Think the second half of 20th century, and all the technological and scientific advances that were made withing the democratic systems.
Think blockchain and crypto: was it invented in the totalitarian country, or in the democratic country?
Again, democracies have flaws but by far it's the best the world has for right now.
I invite you to prove me wrong, and tell me how countries like North Korea, or Venezuela, or any other autocracy/dictatorship is somehow better than, say, Denmark, or New Zealand, or Canada.

The improvements you see in technology are just temporary. Democracy stands for mass immigration and capitalism, not freedom. Yes, you have the right to vote but the decisions are already made for you. I personally know zero people who voted for our new currency, the Euro. It was forced to us.

Instead of comparing countries you should compare cities. Where would you rather live, in Detroit or Caracas? Mälmo or Pyongyang? As a true democrat you would pick those ruïned cities, Detroit and Mälmo. That's how all of our cities would eventually look like under democracy. Paris for example used to be known as a romantic city, what's left of that now?
ETHenthusiast

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:45:43 PM

The improvements you see in technology are just temporary. Democracy stands for mass immigration and capitalism, not freedom. Yes, you have the right to vote but the decisions are already made for you. I personally know zero people who voted for our new currency, the Euro. It was forced to us.

Instead of comparing countries you should compare cities. Where would you rather live, in Detroit or Caracas? Mälmo or Pyongyang? As a true democrat you would pick those ruïned cities, Detroit and Mälmo. That's how all of our cities would eventually look like under democracy. Paris for example used to be known as a romantic city, what's left of that now?

Last time I was in Paris (2016) it was still very romantic and beautiful.
Stepping away from the main topic: what do you mean by "improvements in technology are temporary"? I think it's pretty consistent, and I agree with the above said that in a democracy one has much better chances to express their talent, including technical, than in a dictator ruled society.
JessAnd

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:50:01 PM

Just because no one you know voted for Euro doesn't mean it wasn't the opinion of the majority.
I've never been in any of the cities you're mentioning. Though I doubt that the quality of life is better in Caracas (let along Pyongyang) compared to Mälmo or Detroit.
I've seen what happens to people under other oppressive regimes, and I would pick democratic country over the rule of a autocrat any day (thankfully I don't even have to pick).
larsbalzak (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:56:32 PM

Just because no one you know voted for Euro doesn't mean it wasn't the opinion of the majority.
I've never been in any of the cities you're mentioning. Though I doubt that the quality of life is better in Caracas (let along Pyongyang) compared to Mälmo or Detroit.
I've seen what happens to people under other oppressive regimes, and I would pick democratic country over the rule of a autocrat any day (thankfully I don't even have to pick).

Hitler was very good for his own people, same goes for Gaddafi. Not every regime is the same.
ETHenthusiast

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:58:49 PM

[/quote]

Hitler was very good for his own people, same goes for Gaddafi. Not every regime is the same.
[/quote]

Just curious: are you German? Do you have any German friends? Did you get this opinion from anyone from Germany?
larsbalzak (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:06:16 PM

Last time I was in Paris (2016) it was still very romantic and beautiful.
Stepping away from the main topic: what do you mean by "improvements in technology are temporary"? I think it's pretty consistent, and I agree with the above said that in a democracy one has much better chances to express their talent, including technical, than in a dictator ruled society.

Sooner or later every technological ''advancement'' will go to waste. I believe that first world countries can't live forever like the way they do now. From now till 50-100 years in the future the enviroment will be very polluted and there will be lots of civil wars.
larsbalzak (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:09:24 PM

[/quote]

Just curious: are you German? Do you have any German friends? Did you get this opinion from anyone from Germany?
[/quote]

No, I'm not German but I consider myself as Germanic (Aryan). I know some people who share the same opinion but I always do my own research.
JessAnd

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:13:30 PM

Sooner or later every technological ''advancement'' will go to waste. I believe that first world countries can't live forever like the way they do now. From now till 50-100 years in the future the environment will be very polluted and there will be lots of civil wars.

A) This doesn't really explain how democracy if worse than dictatorship/oligopoly/autocracy...
B) To some degree I wouldn't argue that the mankind should come to their senses and find the way to live more in balance with the environment. But that's a completely different topic.
C) Still doesn't address my outrage about even a remote attempt to justify anything monsters like Hitler have done to their own countries and to the world...

Not being pushy here, just respectfully trying to stay on topic, and get/give answers accordingly.
larsbalzak (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:22:55 PM

Sooner or later every technological ''advancement'' will go to waste. I believe that first world countries can't live forever like the way they do now. From now till 50-100 years in the future the environment will be very polluted and there will be lots of civil wars.

A) This doesn't really explain how democracy if worse than dictatorship/oligopoly/autocracy...

If you keep adding trash like people to your country from all over the world then your country will become trash. Sheeple don't want to believe that muslims would try to take over when they've reached a certain number. If you point this out then they will laugh at you like brainwashed sheep. They will fight back but then it's too late. That's how our society roll, sleep when the enemy arrives and take action when it's too late.
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:28:44 PM

Most things we know about history is false.  There are a lot of lies and misinformation thrown around regarding Hitler.  I don't believe he is evil as the Jewish media has suggested. 
larsbalzak (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:32:25 PM

Most things we know about history is false.  There are a lot of lies and misinformation thrown around regarding Hitler.  I don't believe he is evil as the Jewish media has suggested. 

I totally agree with you.
JessAnd

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:32:45 PM

If you keep adding trash like people to your country from all over the world then your country will become trash. Sheeple don't want to believe that muslims would try to take over when they've reached a certain number. If you point this out then they will laugh at you like brainwashed sheep. They will fight back but then it's too late. That's how our society roll, sleep when the enemy arrives and take action when it's too late.

I (dis)respectfully refuse to have a discussion with (less than a) person who thinks of themselves so superior that they can brush off around 1/3 of the Earths population as unworthy human beings.
YOU are a problem sir, and your "solution" proved not just wrong but painfully, bloody stupid time and again. I sincerely regret engaging in this discussion that was apparently pointless from the very beginning.
I feel sorry for you and your sick mind that can splurge stinky ideas.
I invite you to spend, say, a year in NKorea (and, hopefully, some time in their Gulag) to appreciate what you have and how you live.
larsbalzak (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:37:20 PM

I (dis)respectfully refuse to have a discussion with (less than a) person who thinks of themselves so superior that they can brush off around 1/3 of the Earths population as unworthy human beings.
YOU are a problem sir, and your "solution" proved not just wrong but painfully, bloody stupid time and again. I sincerely regret engaging in this discussion that was apparently pointless from the very beginning.
I feel sorry for you and your sick mind that can splurge stinky ideas.
I invite you to spend, say, a year in NKorea (and, hopefully, some time in their Gulag) to appreciate what you have and how you live.

Thank you very much. And for you I hope you will get enriched under sharia law.
ETHenthusiast

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:43:26 PM

Wait, do you really think that that's the choice we have: sharia law or "hitlers" in charge?  Grin
larsbalzak (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

Wait, do you really think that that's the choice we have: sharia law or "hitlers" in charge?  Grin

I suppose he worships muslims, good for him.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:09:18 AM

Not a good guy.
Very shitty guy.
Killed so many people.

The points I can agree with is that he's the only one who's being demonized.

People today walk freely with red stars on their heads and wave USSR flags around although those countries massacred Jews a lot before Hitler did and killed a lot more people.

Why does everyone know about the Holocaust but only the educated know about Holodomor?

Why aren't Hiroshima and Nagasaki viewed as huge crimes against humanity and those who ordered the bominbg the same demons as Hitler?
100s of thousands of civilians shouldn't be murdered for being Japanese just as much as Jews shouldn't be murdered for being Jews.

The communists did a lot of worse things than Hitler ever did.
The democrats did a lot of bad things, not as much as Hitler though.
Hitler did huge atrocities.

The reason why he's demonized more then the other 2 is because there's no one left to defend him, but the 2 victors defend their crimes and they are portrayed as 'just' and 'moral' simply because they can and people who fought for them are going to defend them no matter what.

If Hitler won the war, his crimes would be 'just' and 'moral' and Holodomor, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden etc. would be the only crimes we'd talk about and the Holocaust would be pushed under the carpet as much as Holodomor is today alongside Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Crime is crime no matter who commits it and no matter who wins.

Looking for a signature campaign.
eelectrick

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:45:27 AM

He rose to power that proves he was above influential and very smart at it, I'm not surprised some people past and future would admire
some distinguishable qualities Hitler had. He was a leader after all, people favored him back then, maybe he had strong points but he
drove it to a point where it wasn't humane anymore and it turned unethical. His views on politics, religion and races were not the best
for all because he did after all sanctioned the Holocaust and thousands of innocent lives paid for it, that was a horror and a very painful
part of history. He turned out to be a bad guy afterall, history will forever remember him that way. A legacy that forever will stain his
name with blood of the innocents.
Risoruni

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:39:38 AM

I lived in Germany for a while. The topic of the Nazis to the war and Hitler is usually not affected. It seems to me that they are ashamed of this part of the story and are trying to forget. If you start talking on this subject with any of the Germans then be sure to answer will be only out of courtesy and at the first opportunity they will steer the conversation into another direction.

icovo   

████ The World’s First ICO Platform Implementing DAICO  ████
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:10:01 AM

I lived in Germany for a while. The topic of the Nazis to the war and Hitler is usually not affected. It seems to me that they are ashamed of this part of the story and are trying to forget. If you start talking on this subject with any of the Germans then be sure to answer will be only out of courtesy and at the first opportunity they will steer the conversation into another direction.

They've been indoctrinated.
Ofcourse they want to stay away from the subject..
What's their motivation to continue the discussion?

Looking for a signature campaign.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: