Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:00:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Relay for life.  (Read 834 times)
PMAGN (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:22:03 PM

My local fraternity is doing a fundraiser for Relay for Life and I want to be able to use bitcoin to help. How should I organize a Campaign to Generate money Via bitcoin?
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:35:41 PM

Perhaps start a thread with lots of verifiable information about your college, your fraternity, yourself, and explain in detail who you are trying to help and why.

Don't skimp on the verifiable real life identities and stuff. People don't want to donate to "Random Joe's beer fund" when they think they are donating to "Relay for Life".

Folks are quick to call scam here for good reason. A lot of people ask for money without providing any kind of verifiable information about what they are going to do with it.

If you aren't keen on providing that kind of information, I would just give up now as you won't get any traction.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:11:20 AM

Perhaps start a thread with lots of verifiable information about your college, your fraternity, yourself, and explain in detail who you are trying to help and why.

Don't skimp on the verifiable real life identities and stuff. People don't want to donate to "Random Joe's beer fund" when they think they are donating to "Relay for Life".

Folks are quick to call scam here for good reason. A lot of people ask for money without providing any kind of verifiable information about what they are going to do with it.

If you aren't keen on providing that kind of information, I would just give up now as you won't get any traction.

Exactly.
I guess you will get no donation with no info, no details, a new account and just saying I need help...  Wink
R0yalAir

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:25:02 AM

PMAGN, certainly just open a thread and organize a campaign to generate money via BTC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: