Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:49:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin forum rankings  (Read 221 times)
simongoat (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:43:19 AM

Hi, does anyone know if the ranking structure changed recently as it says here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0 that an activity of 240 gives a ranking of Snr Member. I have a activity of 266 and am a Full Member.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actuallytwolamas

Activity: 69
Merit: 20

Lama

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 10:47:11 AM

You need 250 merit, to be promoted to Sr. Member.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 10:49:12 AM

I'm shocked that you have been here since May 13th, and you need to ask a question like this. Perhaps you should spend some time reading the threads on the forum boards.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Alone055

Activity: 1007
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 11:06:57 AM

If you don't know the reason for not ranking up, then you don't really deserve to rank up IMO. Have you just been posting since you have joined this forum only to rank up without even bothering to read a single thread? Because if after all that crying out loud about the system you still don't know anything about it, then you are definitely one of those for whom this system has been implemented.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:21:43 AM

I'm shocked that you have been here since May 13th, and you need to ask a question like this. Perhaps you should spend some time reading the threads on the forum boards.

Probably another bought account.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:56:00 AM

If you have been following the forum, you should have noticed that since May, there have been some changes to ranking up. I can see you never followed up on events here.
let me update you. There is a new rule now to ranking up. Activity alone is not enough as rank is its backbone. Your activity count has to equal your merit count before you are able to attain a new rank.
Crypto_circuit

Activity: 420
Merit: 7

WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSY

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:43:04 PM

Hi, does anyone know if the ranking structure changed recently as it says here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0 that an activity of 240 gives a ranking of Snr Member. I have a activity of 266 and am a Full Member.

You may like to check out this thread to understand how ranking happens on the forum.

In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks. The required scores are:

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500
LegendaryRandom in the range 775-10301000

You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

There is currently no such thing as a "demerit". I'm hoping that the positive merits alone will be fine. I could add demerits pretty easily later on if necessary, though.

I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Do not beg for merit excessively.

Useful infographics

Forum users have helpfully created some infographics to explain the merit system:
paxmao's infographic
ibminer's infographic
8Habits's infographic
JetSet11's infographic
zentdex's infographic
alia_armelle's infographic

If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

Trivia:

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.

If someone sends you 1 merit, the 0.5 sMerit is not wasted; it is just not shown until you get another merit point.

There are stats here, and you can find someone's merit summary by clicking the "merit" link on their profile.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
simongoat (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:26:22 PM

If you have been following the forum, you should have noticed that since May, there have been some changes to ranking up. I can see you never followed up on events here.
let me update you. There is a new rule now to ranking up. Activity alone is not enough as rank is its backbone. Your activity count has to equal your merit count before you are able to attain a new rank.

Thanks for that, very helpful. Seriously there are some uptight people on here. Its not like I didn'nt use Google or anything to find an answer.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 06:50:20 PM

Small correction - since May 13th, 2017.
Probably another bought account.
I don't think it's bought account. Despite that Merit system was introduced in January, many spammers are stioll not aware about it. They are just spamming on Altcoin board, Bitcoin discussion and etc. You just need to open Merit history of random spammer, starting with Member rank and you will notice most of them haven't sent or received any Merit. They probably just don't know that such thing exist. OP is a perfect example of such users.

Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:14:43 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2018, 04:33:48 AM by Silent26

many spammers are stioll not aware about it. They are just spamming on Altcoin board, Bitcoin discussion and etc...... They probably just don't know that such thing exist. OP is a perfect example of such users.
I doubt that OP isn't aware about Merit System. He just sent sMerits back in March 31 and April 16 of 2018 meaning that he already know that there are such system that exited. The problem why OP still managed to ask such a thing is because probably he doesn't know the main purpose of the Merit System. He didn't know that Merit is a requirement to rank up. This is the result of those members who doesn't contribute to the forum and only do bounty stuffs.

I believed that there are still some members out there who doesn't know a thing about Merit System, usually are those members who only pays attention to their local boards and bounties and not even visiting Meta section. By the way they won't be able to receive Merits as they only spreads spam posts in the forum and they will only definitely beg for Merits if they found out about this System so there is no need for them to be informed.

404 Not Found
shilpyh
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:04:23 AM
Merited by jackielim (1)

Now a days merit system is not dependent only on activity rank. Now it depends both on activity and merit. To  be a senior member your activity rank should be 240 and you should have 250 merit.

KitToken.net                     
     ▔  Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing  ▔     
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: